Some thoughts on the 108 artist soundtrack.

Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

So Entertainment Weekly posted a list of the 108 artists that have music appearing on the DJ Hero 2 soundtrack. The first one had a solid setlist that I felt included artists that I personally adored, making me feel like this was one of the few games specially made for me. Its sequel's soundtrack is doing more or less the same. It's a huge roaster of "talent" (subject to the individual I guess) with many names making me excited for the mashup possibilities. While there are a few names I could do without, overall it has a strong variety with many of the artists from the first one making an appearance with even more new artists to join the fray.

My fanboy hype aside, there was something I noticed when browsing the list. It seemed that included in those 108 acts were the artists that are featured in some songs. What I mean is that I believe some of the artists listed don't necessarily have their own songs on the soundtrack. Colby O'Donis appears on the list, who has a verse on Lady Gaga's Just Dance, as well Busta Rhymes is featured on The Pussy Cat Doll's Don't Cha and N.O.R.E. featured on MSTRKRFT's Bounce. If this is the case, then B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars - Nothing on You and Gorillaz feat. Bobby Womack - Stylo are strong candidates for the setlist. Then again, I could be wrong and each artist does have a song of their own, we can only wait until actual songs are released.

Speaking of actual songs, are there any specific ones you want to see attached to those artists? Immediately seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs made me hope that Heads Will Roll is their contribution. Having both Talib and Mos Def is making me hope for some Blackstar representation - though having Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch and Nate Dogg makes Oh No a good possibility in my head. Also, if the Snow choice is anything not Informer, that will be a travesty.

But yeah, I'm excited to see where this setlist is going to go.

#1 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

So Entertainment Weekly posted a list of the 108 artists that have music appearing on the DJ Hero 2 soundtrack. The first one had a solid setlist that I felt included artists that I personally adored, making me feel like this was one of the few games specially made for me. Its sequel's soundtrack is doing more or less the same. It's a huge roaster of "talent" (subject to the individual I guess) with many names making me excited for the mashup possibilities. While there are a few names I could do without, overall it has a strong variety with many of the artists from the first one making an appearance with even more new artists to join the fray.

My fanboy hype aside, there was something I noticed when browsing the list. It seemed that included in those 108 acts were the artists that are featured in some songs. What I mean is that I believe some of the artists listed don't necessarily have their own songs on the soundtrack. Colby O'Donis appears on the list, who has a verse on Lady Gaga's Just Dance, as well Busta Rhymes is featured on The Pussy Cat Doll's Don't Cha and N.O.R.E. featured on MSTRKRFT's Bounce. If this is the case, then B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars - Nothing on You and Gorillaz feat. Bobby Womack - Stylo are strong candidates for the setlist. Then again, I could be wrong and each artist does have a song of their own, we can only wait until actual songs are released.

Speaking of actual songs, are there any specific ones you want to see attached to those artists? Immediately seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs made me hope that Heads Will Roll is their contribution. Having both Talib and Mos Def is making me hope for some Blackstar representation - though having Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch and Nate Dogg makes Oh No a good possibility in my head. Also, if the Snow choice is anything not Informer, that will be a travesty.

But yeah, I'm excited to see where this setlist is going to go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.