Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

DJ Hero 2 adds freestyle scratching and crossfading, as well as scored vocal gameplay to the mix in this DJ-ing rhythm game.

Which setlist do you think is better?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

May be a bit too early to put this up but anyways I managed to go through most of DJ Hero 2's songs. Pretty solid but there really isn't many memorable songs like in the first game. I fucking loved most of the Daft Punk mixes especially the couple songs mixed with Queen. The new songs are pretty good but most of the list is just songs grabbed out of the top 40 charts so that it will have more mainstream appeal. Deadmau5 songs are my favorite though but my only disappointment is the the lack of Daft Punk.  

Which do you guys prefer, if any of you out there actually played the two games?

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

Having played both games pretty extensively, Rhythm games are always a mixed bag.  Overall I thought DJ Hero 2 had a lot less repetition of songs and there were a few gems in the track list for me.  I understand what you mean by Top 40 with the Lady Gaga and Kanye West tracks but there was also some cool stuff I hadn't heard and wouldn't have bothered if not forced down my neck.

I probably have to give it to DJ Hero 2, even though the lack of Daft Punk is a crying shame.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By EnchantedEcho

I really like about 5 songs in DJ Hero 2, there are a lot that I don't mind playing and a few that really annoy me. I am also disappointed about the lack of Daft Punk in the tracklist but, I really enjoy the DeadMau5 songs. I did not play DJ Hero 1 however so can't really compare but, the original mixes in general are pretty good in DJ Hero 2. 

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I really love a handful of songs from each game but overall I think DJ Hero had a better mix (I miss the DJ/Guitar songs and the older slower stuff like Ain't No Love vs. Bobby Blue Band or w/e and all the Queen and Daft Punk mixes). That being said you can make some of the new songs sound really cool if you do the freestyle sections right but it's all a little more poppy, I think there's really only one song in each game I can't stand - Radio Zulu in DJH and American Boy in DJH2 - so annoying.

Hoping they give a DJH1 track pack via DLC or something - or at least some different style of mixes.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Afroman269
    @EnchantedEcho: You should definitely pick up the first game. It's cheap as hell now and you would enjoy the mixes. 
    @SteamPunkJin: I agree, the songs in the new one were pretty catchy and also poppy. The songs in the first game just stuck with me longer, these new ones are fun to play but they are just ok, nothing too special. 
    eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By eccentrix

I love DJ Hero; I wish they'd have good music.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I much prefer the setlist in DJ Hero 2 to the first one. In the first game there was about one song I wanted to play per set, and it was for that reason that I didn't even finish the career mode (I just stuck to quickplay). My only complaint, and this goes for both games really, is the way they mix some of the songs. Sometimes I'll love one song and find it hardly in the mix at all, only to be dominated by some shitty song I don't care about. Also, the fact that the Jackson 5 are in both games sucks as well, but that's just me.

PilotXIan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By PilotXIan

You guys know a Mix of "Human After All" is unlockable right?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a little disappointed that there's not more Daft Punk however I still enjoy a fair number of the tracks on the setlist.

Avatar image for platypusplatoon
    PlatypusPlatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PlatypusPlatoon

DJ Hero, Original Mix.  By a country mile.

Not even close.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afroman269
    @PilotXIan:  Like I said, I don't like the lack of Daft Punk. The Human After All mix was sweet. Just wanted more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.