Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

Another should I buy question, but with a twist!

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Let's get the twist out of the way: I can get a used copy of this game for $45. It comes with the turntable and the game for the 360; the table was only used a couple of times. Before the release of the game, I was pretty hyped for it, but the reviews dialed that back some. The $45 may seem like a no brainer, but that money could also go towards Dragon Age or Left 4 Dead 2, which are the last games I am looking to buy this year. Anyways, thoughts?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DriveupLife

I don't understand why people need justification from strangers on the internet regarding buying a video game. If you want to have more fun with a game, go with your gut feeling, buy the one you like the best. If it turns out that it was a poor decision, learn from it and buy games in the future accordingly. I paid 200 bones for the renegade edition, and I think it was a great purchase. But when I was 12 I bought superman 64 full price. Everyone makes these "tough" decisions, mostly by themselves.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

$45 is a good deal for it, man. Seems to me like the better value considering you're getting the turntable included. Considering I haven't played any of the games, I can't offer too much help here. Dragon Age is supposed to be great, and if you're on Xbox Live, Left 4 Dead 2 will probably keep you coming back longer than either of those games. Look at it this way, though. With those 3 games, I don't think you can possibly go wrong with whatever one you end up choosing, so don't sweat over it. Just gather all the info you can and try to come up with the best choice for you. Also, reviews for DJ Hero weren't bad by any means. I saw mostly 90% range scores, and that's pretty darn excellent for the first entry in the series, so I wouldn't let that discourage you.

BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DriveupLife: I guess you do not understand the idea of a community. I was simply asking people's opinions from on a site of like minded gamer.  I don't see the harm in collecting thoughts from people. I look at it as an informed decision, not having other people make up my mind. However, despite how you came across, I still get the impression that you enjoyed the game, especially having bought the Renegade edition. Thank you.

@TheGreatGuero: Thanks for the input!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By demontium
    @zombienutz: Dragon age is much better.
    MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MrKart

Dragon Age will last you longer, but considering the cheapest version of DJ Hero costs $120... well, you'd be getting it $75 cheaper. That's pretty darn good. 

Also, I don't really understand what you mean by "reviews put you off"? The reviews I read all praised the game, so I'm not sure which ones you've been looking at. Go check out the user reviews for the game here if you need to--I wrote one myself praising it. We can't really make up your mind from a gaming standpoint, but from an economical standpoint you're getting a great deal.
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKart: Yes, I should have been more clear. I think it was the discussion on how it really felt basic in what it offered beyond the single player portion. I think I expected a little more because of the other Hero franchises, but it is a different team and a completely different music style. I guess reviews was a bad way to put it because, as you and others have said, the reviews have been fairly positive. 

I am pretty sure I will be picking it up, especially sense I will have the controller for future releases.
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CABBAGES

If you dont get it when you can get it for only $45 then you are mad ! 
    This is the best hero game . infact its the best music type game ! 
    I have and have played most guitar hero games and rockband games and they get old and boring fast. But dj hero just keeps getting better and better. 
    Rather than getting really annoying as you increas the difficulty this gets more and more interesting.  
    Just about finished gettin 5 stars on all mixes on hard and also started on expert and im still loving it. 
    Anyway what im trying to say is go and get it !

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Kiemoe

I would say that if you know the guy who owned the DJ Hero game, then get that. If it's a stranger, I wouldn't trust it and I'd go with Dragon Age

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By EpicSteve

I would personally go for DragonAge or L4D 2. Or just get those and DJ Hero. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.