Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

djHERO Expert Videos by djWHEAT

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

Some of you may know that this game isn't easy.  Yesterday while I was watching Epileptic Gaming (a live show/podcast) the host djWHEAT had two videos of him kicking some ass at DJHero on Expert.  The cool thing about these videos is that it shows his hands while he plays the game, which is nuts.  I haven't tried this game yet but, it does look fun and challenging.  Here are his two videos.  On a side note djWHEAT used to be an actual DJ so that give him an upper hand.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By dethfish

Cool, I've been looking for videos like this. After watching them though I still can't really tell what's going on.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

While I've not played DJ Hero and this really isn't my type of music, those still looked like very skilled performances.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @Gamer_152: Agreed.  I wonder how long it takes to be very good at this game.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

thanks for the videos dude, these are great and they actually help because i know what the hell they're doing now 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

I like how he checks the record when he does the rewinds!  lol  That made me have a new respect for that controller entirely. 

What little time I spent playing it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It definitely DID seem challenging, and I want to play it more than ever.  I keep debating on whether I should dump the money for this, but I still haven't picked up Fallout 3 GOTY...and that makes me feel like a bum.  I want that S rank so bad.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I'd say the most difficult aspect of the entire game is the precise directional scratches. There are some that are just the easy up and down a few times in sequences, but in later mixes, like in the videos for example, it really requires either very quick reflexes or memorization of the mix.

Most of the other aspects, even cross fading, can translate very easily from prior experience with Guitar Hero ro Rockband games. Reall,y it's just adding some nuance to that foundation. That being said, I think that anyone picking this game up with little to no experience in those is going to have a much harder time figuring things out.

But yeah, this game is good.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm playing on hard and medium and I picked the game up on the day it came out. You get used to it pretty fast but it takes a bunch of time to be really good. Great game anyway

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DukesT3

That song is pretty brutal on hard nonetheless expert. sheesh. mad props to that dude! 

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Adamantium

Wow. I hate both overpriced peripherals and rhythm games, but those videos seriously make that look like a good time. I'm thinking about picking this one up now...

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MrKart

Yeah, it didn't take nearly as long to get up to Hard and such on here as it did in Guitar Hero. Perhaps it is because of the long history of playing Guitar Hero already providing the necessary color coordination training, or perhaps it's because there really isn't an addition of anything totally mind-boggling on the harder difficulties, like the orange button was in GH. Directional scratching maybe, but even that is somewhat easy to get used to. Although Expert is just insanely hectic.

Great vids though, that guy is a master of rewinds.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By skrutop

It almost doesn't matter if the game itself is good or not, watching someone play anything with that much skill is always entertaining.  That being said, I might have to check DJ Hero out when it gets a bit cheaper.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By guiseppe

Not the hardest song there is, but still... That guy is good at what he does :P.

Avatar image for mushroom_helmet
    mushroom_helmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By mushroom_helmet

I'm glad this guy is on PSN, now I finally can play against somebody. Everyone freakin' plays Xbox.   

I'd say this game is really easy to pick up on if you've had any experience with rhythm games...and if you've played IIDX or Beat Mania you can pretty much play a couple songs to get the feel of the cross fader then jump to expert.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's cool, but I still don't get how exactly this game works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.