Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

Is it just me or is it impossible to play without dancing?

Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Leviticus128

whilst playing along to this quite frankly amazing game i suddenly found myself nodding and grooving to the beat and suddenly felt very silly (but no matter how silly i alway feel i always end up doing it). I then gave my brother a go and sure enough 2 minutes in i see that he is also feeling the music and happily danced along. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Valames

I was in Target last night and the commercial came on while I was looking at TV's (by the way I just found out Vizio's have a 120Hz tv now). I just started bobbing my head to the beat and felt a wee bit embarrassed.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @leviticus128 said:
    " whilst playing along to this quite frankly amazing game i suddenly found myself nodding and grooving to the beat and suddenly felt very silly (but no matter how silly i alway feel i always end up doing it). I then gave my brother a go and sure enough 2 minutes in i see that he is also feeling the music and happily danced along. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? "
    dude thats what people do in clubs. yes you are supposed to get into it. its so boring playing guitar hero and just standing there bored. 
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By guiseppe

That's just you getting in to the groove of the songs. It's natural. I do it all the time while laying down som maaaaaaaad beats! YO!

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By djstyles92

i was playing the demo at best buy and i was getting into it...people were staring

MrGtD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrGtD

I dare you to play Bring the Noise/Genesis without (nearly) headbanging.  I dare you.

chomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chomes

lol, that game is to win, I was watching it on stream and i was nodding my head to it too, wanna get this game so badly but gotta wait, getting it for christmas =p.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

As a guy who danced while playing Rock Band, I'm assuming i'll fail quite a lot of songs on busting a move to this. Seriously, fellas, I know it's not metal and ruins your badass persona, but just dance.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I head bang and sing along in Rock Band all the damn time.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It helps with the timing, what your doing is benificial. Try to find a video of a dj who doesn't do that, you probally can't.

jaklap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By jaklap

I was playing on expert and hard in best buy, and I had a crowd of people around me who didnt want to play, and was just watching me. They clapped and stuff, it was cool. Whenever I was playing, and I looked up, they were all bobbing the heads to the beat, and so was I.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Ineedaname

You feel silly about nodding to the music when you're playing on a plastic turntable, and if that wasn't attached to the computer it'd be called a toy, and you feel silly?

Get into it, you shouldn't feel silly if it makes you happy.

Capt_Ltrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capt_Ltrl

I'm usually sitting down when I play, no renegade edition for me, but I usually find myself bouncing and bopping to the music when I get into a groove. Seems to be a trend with music games across the board with me though.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Rhaknar

i can't NOT bob my head along with most of the mixes when im checking youtube videos of it, so i guess if i was playing, it would be even worse :P

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @leviticus128 said:
    " whilst playing along to this quite frankly amazing game i suddenly found myself nodding and grooving to the beat and suddenly felt very silly (but no matter how silly i alway feel i always end up doing it). I then gave my brother a go and sure enough 2 minutes in i see that he is also feeling the music and happily danced along. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? "
    dude thats what people do in clubs. yes you are supposed to get into it. its so boring playing guitar hero and just standing there bored.  "
    Wait, people stand there bored playing Guitar Hero? 

Man, you fools have NEVER seen me play Slayer's "Reign in Blood".  The hair flows, sir.  Meanwhile, I play Rush's "YYZ" with the guitar behind my head and use the strum bar with my teeth on occasion. 

I seriously rock Guitar Hero out like it's a real guitar...but then again, I play real guitar, so I know how to properly!  = D 

I also play Dick Dale's "Miserlou" and The Sleeping's "Don't Hold Back" with my back turned to the TV...and performance mode, just to make sure I don't see the notes. 

311's "Beautiful Disaster", Steve Miller's "The Joker", and Tool's "Schism" are only played with tap-strumming, no strum bar. 

Yeah, I rock that game the fuck out!
    DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By DukesT3

I know whenever I play the Justice song I really can't help myself but dance to it. Such an amazing mix and you just cannot stop a man from dancing to it! You just can't! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.