Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

Scratch Perverts OWNING IT UP in DJ Hero.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

So I´ve played alot of DJ Hero since I got it and I think I´m starting to getting the hang of Hard now and might try an Expert song soon. There are a suprising amount of really superb mixes in the game and I find myself really getting into them when I play. The award for best mixes in the game has to go to Scratch Perverts tho. I was really thinking that I liked Daft Punk the best or some of the DJ Shadow mixes but man, these guys knows how to work a turntable. Their remixes are by far the hardest ones in the game but man are they equally awesome to play.  
    I find myself trying to get better and better on their insanely hard songs and there´s one in particular that is just so awesome I keep creating 1 song setlists with only this one on it and trying to perfect it. Its called Beats and Pieces and its basically just scratching hell. Your right wrist gets so tired after a while it hurts but its so damn fun to try and beat that madness scratching. The tempo of the song also ratches up as you play it and the first time it goes into its highest BPM I laughed because it was so awesome.  Jeff Gerstmann himself is at the top of my friendslist right now with a rank of 264 or something like that. I want to see how he managed to do that.
    Another one of their songs called "Groundhog" also taunts you as you play it. Telling you that you cant challenge the Scratch Perverts. Its another completely awesome and hard mix that cranks up in difficuly as you play. 
    These guys really wipes the floor with the other big names in the games as far as madness on a turntable goes. 
    Take a look for your selves and gawk at the prowess that is Scratch Perverts  

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

So I´ve played alot of DJ Hero since I got it and I think I´m starting to getting the hang of Hard now and might try an Expert song soon. There are a suprising amount of really superb mixes in the game and I find myself really getting into them when I play. The award for best mixes in the game has to go to Scratch Perverts tho. I was really thinking that I liked Daft Punk the best or some of the DJ Shadow mixes but man, these guys knows how to work a turntable. Their remixes are by far the hardest ones in the game but man are they equally awesome to play.  
    I find myself trying to get better and better on their insanely hard songs and there´s one in particular that is just so awesome I keep creating 1 song setlists with only this one on it and trying to perfect it. Its called Beats and Pieces and its basically just scratching hell. Your right wrist gets so tired after a while it hurts but its so damn fun to try and beat that madness scratching. The tempo of the song also ratches up as you play it and the first time it goes into its highest BPM I laughed because it was so awesome.  Jeff Gerstmann himself is at the top of my friendslist right now with a rank of 264 or something like that. I want to see how he managed to do that.
    Another one of their songs called "Groundhog" also taunts you as you play it. Telling you that you cant challenge the Scratch Perverts. Its another completely awesome and hard mix that cranks up in difficuly as you play. 
    These guys really wipes the floor with the other big names in the games as far as madness on a turntable goes. 
    Take a look for your selves and gawk at the prowess that is Scratch Perverts  

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By guiseppe

Couldn't agree more... The Scratch Perverts songs are by far the most fun ones to play, even if they are hard as hell. I managed to get a 170 combo going in Groundhog right where it's time to sort out the men from the boys, while playing on hard... It felt damned good :P.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

scratch perverts rule, i have a song with them and TC as part of a cd 

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By simian

I was stoked to find out that the perverts where on the playlist. Oh if there was only some A-Trak and Kid Koala tracks as well...

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By animateria

I get the Green and Blue buttons being on the disk (2 of em on a single controller would cost too much), but the Red button seems more and more out of place every time I see it. 

Awesome, awesome music though.

Blaufeld66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Blaufeld66

Fun as taste is subjective, I think their are the worst mixes - and I don't talk about "fun to play" but about song quality... :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The songs sound horrendous, but they're fun to play.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By AzHP

I don't think Groundhog is very hard.  Once you play a few songs on Expert, you can get used to the crossfades.  The end of it is a bit challenging, but by that point you should already have 5 stars.

Beats and pieces, though...that's keeping me from 5 starring every song on expert.

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrKart

Groundhog is a little easier, yes, but it's so much more fun to play in my opinion. Beats and Pieces always results in just frustration and fatigue, and me getting upset that I can't tell if I have to hit an up scratch or what. Groundhog at least mixes everything in much better than BP does, and it sounds a lot better too. At least for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.