Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

The First 90 Minutes of DJ Hero

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By simian
    • It couldn't justify the Renegade edition but now I totally wish I had; the mixer and turntable have a nice solid feel to it and the turning motion is smooth. I can only imagine what the higher end one would have been like.
    • Tutorial could have provided some more insight and less ambiance. I really suck at directional scratching. REALLY Suck.
    • Is it just me or is rewind basically inviting chaos? If this was Guitar Hero it would be busting ot a ZZTop-esque spin.
    • I sorta dig the music. I could see myself listening to these mixes on my <portable digital media player name here>
    • Remaining Euphoria could be better displayed, especially since the cross fade is on auto while it lasts.
    • Samples are a nice touch but sorta useless. I just mash the Red button when it comes up.
    • HOLY JESUS the starting characters suck. Couldn't Activision sprung for a character creator? Even my XBL avatar would be step up.
    • So far playing at medium is a good pace. Not DEVIL directional scratches... Yet...
    • Wrist is killing me. Maybe the buttons on the left wasn't such a good idea.
     In summary I've really enjoying the experience so far. Definitely more so then the last few iterations of Rock Band / Guitar Hero.
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By simian
    • It couldn't justify the Renegade edition but now I totally wish I had; the mixer and turntable have a nice solid feel to it and the turning motion is smooth. I can only imagine what the higher end one would have been like.
    • Tutorial could have provided some more insight and less ambiance. I really suck at directional scratching. REALLY Suck.
    • Is it just me or is rewind basically inviting chaos? If this was Guitar Hero it would be busting ot a ZZTop-esque spin.
    • I sorta dig the music. I could see myself listening to these mixes on my <portable digital media player name here>
    • Remaining Euphoria could be better displayed, especially since the cross fade is on auto while it lasts.
    • Samples are a nice touch but sorta useless. I just mash the Red button when it comes up.
    • HOLY JESUS the starting characters suck. Couldn't Activision sprung for a character creator? Even my XBL avatar would be step up.
    • So far playing at medium is a good pace. Not DEVIL directional scratches... Yet...
    • Wrist is killing me. Maybe the buttons on the left wasn't such a good idea.
     In summary I've really enjoying the experience so far. Definitely more so then the last few iterations of Rock Band / Guitar Hero.
    kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By kraznor

Also digging it, but yeah, directional scratching and those weird fader spikes are crazy. I've played a fairly large chunk of the game through medium, hard seems to layer on a lot more stuff. Can't imagine expert.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

I'm enjoying the game as well.  I got the Renegade Edition, and having a adjustable table to play the turntable on is really useful.  My wrists don't hurt when I play the game since I raised the table up to account for my height.  I'm playing on hard, and there aren't that many directional scratching used.  Most of the time, they are just single direction scratches, which are easy to do.  As for the rewind feature, it adds some strategy to the game.  You always have to think about the last 5-10 seconds of what you played and consider whether it is worth redoing so you can get more points.  It's a nice way to change things up.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By guiseppe

Can't do the spikes either, not properly at least. I seem to be having some trouble with the crossfader as well, as I can't seem to differentiate between the middle and far right/left. Meaning that going from left or right to the middle is hard for me at times. It's getting better though, and I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Oh and I'm playing on hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.