Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

The game is fun but the controller really pisses me off

Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nintendude

I just don't get it why they made it so hard to put the fader in the center position accurately. Then the buttons on the disc... there should just be 3 round pressable tracks around the whole disc instead of those stupid buttons, those just limit your scratching way too much in my opinion.

I would buy the game if some 3rd party controller manufacturer would fix the problems of the original controller, anyone else thinks it should be changed to get more out of the game?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By guiseppe

The crossfader takes some getting used to, I had the same problem at first but now it feels natural. I've had no issues with the buttons or the scratching though. Except that mine is broken and randomly presses buttons without me touching it, but that's a whole other topic.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Colin

Sounds like there a is a good amount of issues with these controllers. :\
    Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Nintendude

That's nothing new really, there were tons of problems with Guitar Hero and RB stuff when they were released. I think everything is cool as long as you can get the faulty models replaced without any problems.

btw, I don't really have any problems with the buttons I just don't like the limiting factor what they do to the scratching, if they could extend the buttons all around the disc somehow it would be cool.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

That's a shame, I thought this game look a lot more fun than Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By simian

Apart from the controller suddenly going unresponsive, the only problem I've had was the blue button when the buttons are positioned on the left side. Not a technical issue just not very ergonomic to my hand shape. I find that I need to grip the platter with my thumb while I scratch blue to get enough traction.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By rjpelonia

Though I respect your thoughts on the subject matter, I disagree completely.

I have had no trouble with my turntable whatsoever. It just takes some learning and practice to get the right feel for it all. Really, what game doesn't have a bit of a learning curve to it.

mindphlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mindphlux

Interestingly enough, real crossfaders on real DJ mixers usually have a "center" position they snap into. I'm not sure why they left that feature out here, maybe because real fader switches cost a few cents more.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By damswedon
    @RiotBananas: wait does that mean we have to wait till the Xbox 3/ PS4 port of DJ hero 2 until we get a good controller?
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andorski

I find the crossfader to be perfectly fine.  You do not have to get it completely in the center to play both tracks.  The three "zones" (Track 1, Track 1 + 2, and Track 2) split the crossfader's range into equal thirds.  The inability to move between the tracks is all the user's fault; getting it right is all a matter of practice, like using a real crossfader (although I am not saying that this game is anything close to using a turntable set-up).

It would be cool if the buttons on the platter were tracks that went around the vinyl, but the current button set-up isn't giving me problems.

@damswedon said:

" @RiotBananas: wait does that mean we have to wait till the Xbox 3/ PS4 port of DJ hero 2 until we get a good controller? "

This is Activision we're talking about.  You will have to wait one year until DJ Hero 2 comes out.
    CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By CABBAGES
    @Nintendude: 

at first the cross fader was hard to get in the centre and stuff but now i dont have a problem with it.  
    You say you would buy it ? so im guessing you have only played it on a demo thingy in a shop ? or at a friends ?  
    i started to really get the hang of it as i got close to getting 5 stars on all mixs on medium and now i have started to get 5 stars in the hard mode too . 
    Oh i got the renegade edition so im only talking about that turntable controller so maybe the normal one is pants :P
    jaklap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaklap

Maybe they should have made the cross fader something along the lines of Scratch the ultimate dj, where it just tilts. but who knows how that'll work.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As an aside, that little center notch on sliders and knobs is called a "detante."  French pronunciation.

That's one of two things Iearned while studying Electronics in college. The other was, I shouldn't have done Electronics.

I learned a lot about Poker, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.