Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

Why does Acitvision absolutley suck at creating 3-D models?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

Why do the people in Activision "Hero" games look like shit?
    The textures usually stink, they act clunky & unrealistic, & there overall design is shotty @ best.
    Anyone else ever noticed how poor the characters in there games look & more profoundly, act?

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bald3rdash

Cause it's a music game?  Shouldn't really matter a whole lot to be honest.  I'm watching another part of the screen when playing.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jNerd
    @Bald3rdash said:
    " Cause it's a music game?  Shouldn't really matter a whole lot to be honest.  I'm watching another part of the screen when playing. "
    It shouldn't matter, but it also shouldn't be that hard to do....
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bald3rdash

Well in my mind it's like "Why waste time tuning character models to look really great when we could be implementing other stuff like new songs and then releasing a few weeks earlier?"  I realize it can bug people, and when playing it on my friend's Wii it's noticeably bad, but on mah 360 I think they're fine.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By rjpelonia

Actually, Activision doesn't make any game models. At all. It's the development team that does that job.

And yeah, Neversoft (Developers of Guitar Hero 3 and beyond) went for a style that just ended up being ugly with awkward movements, but DJ Hero's models (done by FreeStyleGames) aren't that bad in my opinion.

[EDIT]
    Upon further inspection of the latest screenshots, I'd like to partly retract my previous statement of the graphics in DJ Hero. Some of the models are looking pretty damn horrendous. Damn.

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SgtReznor

yeah it totally bugs me - especially when put up next to Rock Band

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.