1.1 GB Patch?

#1 Posted by dudeglove (7718 posts) -

Seems fairly substantial, though I can't find any details about it. Anyone know? If they've fixed some of Vergil's moveset (specifically his upper slash/launcher/hold B or circle and you'll see what I mean) then yay. Probably too much wishful thinking to hope for a few bloody palace mods to spicen things up.

#2 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

Yeah, just had the update happen on Steam. I've looked everywhere, and nobody seems to know what it's for. 1.1 GB is quite the hefty update for a patch nobody knows anything about.

On the upside, seeing the update reminded me that I still haven't finished this game, but I'm pretty close. I got pretty far into it, then got super busy with work and studying for finals, totally forgot about it.

#3 Posted by Pr1mus (3854 posts) -

Remember the days when clicking Update History on the Steam store page for a game would show the Update History instead of nothing? Whatever happened to that...

#4 Posted by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Remember the days when clicking Update History on the Steam store page for a game would show the Update History instead of nothing? Whatever happened to that...

A lot of games still have that, actually. But you're right. If I'm updating my game, especially a patch that big, I'd like to know what the hell it does.

#5 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -

I've got to imagine it's either prepping for some new DLC or a substantial change to the way their coding/scripting is responding to certain files that required a lot of them to be rebuilt.

I heard people talking about it being minor balance changes to weapons and animations, but no way is that 1.1gb of information.

#6 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

@soap said:

I've got to imagine it's either prepping for some new DLC or a substantial change to the way their coding/scripting is responding to certain files that required a lot of them to be rebuilt.

I heard people talking about it being minor balance changes to weapons and animations, but no way is that 1.1gb of information.

If it's preparation for some DLC someone should at some point find new files in the game's resources. If that doesn't happen it's most likely the latter. Time will tell I suppose. There's also the chance that it's none of the two.

This most likely won't be making headlines, so I guess keep an eye on any www.devilmaycryfanforum.com sort website if you're that interested. I'd imagine that's where patch scavengers would post findings first.

#7 Posted by dudeglove (7718 posts) -

Seems the word on the street is that most of it is Bloody Palace fixes. For me (at least) the Hunter boss stopped fighting me altogether, and music would cut out after just a few waves. Other notes people made is that after Mundus the game would crash.

#8 Edited by MethodMan008 (809 posts) -

I tweeted Greg from Capcom-Unity and got no response..

Pretty damn big patch though, hope it did something useful.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

I just figured it was more DLC cuz they did this before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.