1.6 GB update. Possibly Bloody Palace?

#1 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

My game just updated on steam. The only news i can find on this that would explain 1.6 GB would be the Bloody Palace but once in game i don't see anything. Supposed to unlock when you complete the game which i already did.

In any case just a heads-up and hopefully someone figures out this mystery.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

@Pr1mus: I don't think bloody palace comes out until the end of Feb.

#3 Edited by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Maybe its a 1.6 GB update just to fix the refresh rate! It now correctly shows 60Hz. Not that it wasn't already working.

#4 Posted by BoOzak (883 posts) -

@Demoskinos: I thought that was the Vergil DLC?

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Pr1mus: I don't think bloody palace comes out until the end of Feb.

Yeah i just checked and the Vergil DLC is in February and the Bloody Palace is to be released before that free of charge.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

@BoOzak: Both come out at the same time from what I've read. The costume pack however comes out today I think?

#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I have no clue either. No Bloody Palace for me and I finished the game already (I also read it was supposed to be sometime in February.) I also already had the costume pack from pre-ordering so that doesn't make sense either.

#8 Posted by SlashDance (1806 posts) -

People on steam are saying it's just replacing the pre-rendered cutscenes to fix the tearing issue. That would explain the size.

#9 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

People on steam are saying it's just replacing the pre-rendered cutscenes to fix the tearing issue. That would explain the size.

Makes sense.

---

Costume pack would not be a 1.6 gig update, lol.

#10 Posted by HadesTimes (803 posts) -

Cool, I'm glad someone knows, the Capcom blog is down and no one seems to have patch notes.

#11 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I hate games that have pre-rendered cutscenes on PC because almost all developers are lazy and don't include high resolution versions, they just give us the console bullshit.

Deus Ex HR constantly switching between cutscenes and 1080P gameplay was fucking jarring, what made it worse is that the pre-rendered stuff wasn't even at least 720P. (or if it was, it was still extremely poor quality and blocky)

#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

@Sooty: It's less noticeable in this game, the majority of its cutscenes are in real time and the prerendered ones are not as prevalent and doesn't have terrible compression to where it really looks like shit smeared on the screen.

#13 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Sooty: It's less noticeable in this game, the majority of its cutscenes are in real time and the prerendered ones are not as prevalent and doesn't have terrible compression to where it really looks like shit smeared on the screen.

Max Payne 3 did it really well too, at least I think it used pre-rendering as it looked identical to how the engine rendered gameplay so it was really seamless.

...but it did end up being around 37GB. (no problem for me but some complained)

#14 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

@Sooty: Yeah that's the same then with DmC in a way. My guess is that Max Payne 3 went ahead and prerendered those scenes at 1080p which is why it's so fucking big. If you want to be reminded of terrible prerendered scenes then play Spec Ops, it was so bad to the point that I honestly couldn't tell what was going on screen, it was like someone blew up a 240p youtube video fullscreen.

#15 Posted by deox (210 posts) -

Yep, I noticed this as well, I got pretty exited thinking it was the Blood Palace DLC. I'm still having terrible screen tearing issues during the pre-rendered cutscenes. So if it was meant to be a patch for that it didn't seem to work for me. Very strange.

#16 Edited by Sanious (793 posts) -
#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15855 posts) -

@deox said:

Yep, I noticed this as well, I got pretty exited thinking it was the Blood Palace DLC. I'm still having terrible screen tearing issues during the pre-rendered cutscenes. So if it was meant to be a patch for that it didn't seem to work for me. Very strange.

Turn off your Vsync, save changes, exit options, reenter options, turn on Vsync and save changes. That should solve the issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.