Anyone else more interested in Asura's Wrath?

#1 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I LOVE Devil May Cry cos it's so dumb, like an 80s-90s cartoon. Some swords are motorbikes, some are guitars, bosses turn into nunchuks when they die and this party is gettin crazy.
This new one looks a lot more B-movie and nowhere near as goofy stupid as the ones I like.

But then I watched the Asura's Wrath trailer n that's about some anime dude (who might be an invincible robot?) vs a hundred buddhas, a volcano man, and a giant space buddha who is bigger than the earth, with no dialogue other than the word HNWWUUUUAUAAAAAOOORRRRGGGHHH!!

Obviously I don't know what any of em play like, but y'know, style-wise.

#2 Posted by Prolix (188 posts) -

Not my kind of game.  But I wouldn't mind seeing another trailer or two. 

#3 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@I_smell said:
" I LOVE Devil May Cry cos it's so dumb, like an 80s-90s cartoon. Some swords are motorbikes, some are guitars, bosses turn into nunchuks when they die and this party is gettin crazy.
This new one looks a lot more B-movie and nowhere near as goofy stupid as the ones I like.

But then I watched the Asura's Wrath trailer n that's about some anime dude (who might be an invincible robot?) vs a hundred buddhas, a volcano man, and a giant space buddha who is bigger than the earth, with no dialogue other than the word HNWWUUUUAUAAAAAOOORRRRGGGHHH!!  Obviously I don't know what any of em play like, but y'know, style-wise. "
Anime dude? I've never seen anyone look so non-bishi in my life. You must not know anime because that 'anime' look was in the first dante. I mean.. white hair? The big ass guns? That's anime.

Anime type look. BISHI aka Bishonen

This ain't no bishi

I actually like this look much better, Dante bishi vs/ this i'll take this. I mean we're supposed to believe he's a demon (half?) down on his luck, piss poor. And this fits, he's dirty, non bishi, attractive in a dirty grungy sense, looks more realistic looking in my eyes of what a Dante should have been.
#4 Posted by gabha (357 posts) -

That was the highlight of the show for me, even if the game doesn't meet the impossibly high expectations I've set for it I was entertained enough by the trailer.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I'm interested in Asura's Wrath. Hell, I have a screenshot as a wallpaper.

#6 Posted by wrathofconn (1463 posts) -
@Catolf: He was saying the dude in Asura's Wrath looked like an anime character, not the new Dante.
#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5321 posts) -

Asura's Wrath looks crazier so that.

#8 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Catolf said:
" @I_smell said:
" I LOVE Devil May Cry cos it's so dumb, like an 80s-90s cartoon. Some swords are motorbikes, some are guitars, bosses turn into nunchuks when they die and this party is gettin crazy.

But then I watched the Asura's Wrath trailer n that's about some anime dude (who might be an invincible robot?) vs a hundred buddhas, a volcano man, and a giant space buddha who is bigger than the earth, with no dialogue other than the word HNWWUUUUAUAAAAAOOORRRRGGGHHH!!  Obviously I don't know what any of em play like, but y'know, style-wise. "
Anime dude? I've never seen anyone look so non-bishi in my life. You must not know anime because that 'anime' look was in the first dante. I mean.. white hair? The big ass guns? That's anime.

This ain't no bishi
I actually like this look much better, Dante bishi vs/ this i'll take this. I mean we're supposed to believe he's a demon (half?) down on his luck, piss poor. And this fits, he's dirty, non bishi, attractive in a dirty grungy sense, looks more realistic looking in my eyes of what a Dante should have been. "
the new guy looks retarded. He doesnt look like a half demon.
#9 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5321 posts) -
@Catolf said:
" @I_smell said:

This ain't no bishi
I actually like this look much better, Dante bishi vs/ this i'll take this. I mean we're supposed to believe he's a demon (half?) down on his luck, piss poor. And this fits, he's dirty, non bishi, attractive in a dirty grungy sense, looks more realistic looking in my eyes of what a Dante should have been. "
Like story mattered in DMC. 

I like Old Dante better.
#10 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Jethuty:  Okay.. what does a demon look like then?

@wrathofconn said:
" @Catolf: He was saying the dude in Asura's Wrath looked like an anime character, not the new Dante. "
Ah I see, forgive my rudeness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.