Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Boss part of the demo

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maskedarcstrike

When the slug boss was dropping all those F bombs in the cutscene did it remind anyone of the bird boss during Shadows of the Damned? While it was kind of funny and cute in Shadows it was a little more off putting in DMC. I think its cause Shadows has some charm, its a little more self aware in the story and doesn't take itself as seriously as DMC.

I dunno to what to make of it. Also during the sequence where the cities compacting around you I kept wanting the game to say "The dream is collapsing"

It's weird to seeing as how Enslaved had such great characters that developed really well.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cannonballbam

@maskedarcstrike: I have played the demo quite a bit, as I am trying to get down the combat mechanics.

I like it, it has a lot of charm that I feel the other games lacked entirely, regardless of what others might say.

I do enjoy the vibe it's giving off.

And Shadows of the Damned is an amazing game.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

I liked DMC. I loved how the bosses dropped f-bombs and felt like living entities, not absurd '' i am evil ', bosses. As for Shadow of the Damned, it was a fun game, yeah, but the lack of NG+ killed the replay value and the game as for me as a whole, since it returned to Gamestop within the same week.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Oddly enough, I'm on the complete opposite spectrum from cannonballBAM. I didn't like it. It felt unbelievably forced and generally unnecessary, as if they couldn't think of a clever/just plain BETTER way for Dante and the boss to interact with each other. I mean, the previous games had their share of cheese, but (especially in 3) there was a certain charm to most of the bosses. In the demo something felt off from just about everything. I can see it being a decent action game, but after my first playthrough of the demo, I cannot fathom why this wasn't just an original IP. After my second, I couldn't find anything I really connected as "Devil May Cry" aside from the names of characters, even the combat... Which I'm not even going to get into, since it's basically a different series in regards to that.

In the end, personally, I just can't get into it when thinking "I'm playing a Devil May Cry game." If I can put that thought aside though, I do have a relatively good time. I'll probably pick the game up after a big price drop.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By redbliss

I dont really know if you could get enough out of a demo to be able to compare it to a full game like that. Mechanics are one thing, but the feel of the characters and the story is an entirely different thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.