Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Capcom Japan Urged Ninja Theory To Go Wild With The New Dante

• 166 results
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By carlthenimrod

@HitmanAgent47 said:

" Let's use an example, we know ted price from isominac games can make 87% games, just like treyarch, this average doesn't change, they aren't suddenly going to do anything better using the same direction and team becaus they are strike out artist. "

Call of Duty: World at War - 85%
    Quantum of Solace - 68%
    Spider-Man 3 - 66% 

Yea, nice example.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By xyzygy

I hope this shuts up the people who are blasting off at Ninja Theory for taking it and "ruining" it. haha

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By ep_driver

dope trailer. 

never played a dmc game because they look boring, but i'm one to fall for slick cg trailers that have nothing to do with gameplay. smart, right?
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Shadow

It looks like they're turning it into another God of War clone.  Shit.  I always preferred the way DMC (used to) and Bayonetta does the genre.  I mean really I prefer the Ninja Gaiden way of doing things, but no one else has really done a good job of recreating that.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#105  Edited By Jost1
    @steelknight2000 said:
    " Game's lame either way. "
    Cool that you've played it. How are the boss fights?
    Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Yzzerdd

"I wanted to make Dante look more current, more in tune with today's culture, more hip.............. so I modeled him after myself."

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @HitmanAgent47 said:

" Your post = stupid example because they are outsourced to make spiderman 3 which usually doesn't work besides batman arkham asylum and your using another movie franchaise they have no control over the source material as an example. "

Spider-Man 2 - 83%

So much for that champion theory.

It's great when ppl tries to looks smart.  

Fantastic.
    Trifork89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By Trifork89

Dante has always looked like a twat and acted like a twat.. Now he's just a skinny twat with dark hair, yea i can totally see why DMC fans are so pissed about this. 

Devil May Cry hasn't been good since the first game, and even that one doesn't hold up very well today. 
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By apathylad

I don't care for the new Dante design, just like I didn't care for the redesigned Rad Spencer. That being said, I think the concerns beyond the new look are valid. Ninja Theory's games are story driven, while Devil May Cry and Bayonetta focused more on gameplay. In fact, Ninja Theory apparently thinks story is the most important part of the gaming experience. So we have two different teams with different philosophies, and people wonder why fans are skeptical?

uroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By uroboros

i have loved DMC since the get go..and I love the new look and feel..after playing DMC4 I just felt like the game was sooooooo stale. Repetitive franchise is not the way to a great game *cough* Dynasty Warriors *cough*

Eckshale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Eckshale

It's a good thing fans have mastered the act of denial already.
    But hey if they put it out on the PC maybe somebody can put regular dante in there, would you be happy then?

Eckshale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Eckshale
    @Undeadpool said:
    "I wonder what they'll bitch about now that they've lost the ability to say Ninja Theory "ruined" the design. "

Just because capcom said "go crazy" doesn't mean you can get away with creating crap...
    Ninja Theory have been given crative leisure and that means they still carry the responsibility.

Ninja Theory have been making mashy games, who knows if they have what it takes to break out of that.
    After all, the technicality is what DMC is known for and if you don't want that then you don't play DMC.
    Avatar image for stefanthelegend
    StefanTheLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By StefanTheLegend

I like the new re-design, in-fact it's made me more interested in the game than it would've if they  had of kept the old one. 

AFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By AFreak

I enjoy the new Dante.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i dont buy this. 

Seems more like a cover up of a failure.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hero_swe

>Scroll down 
    >full page of SeriouslyNow and Hitman 
    >business as usual.jpg
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By DrPockets000

It was time for a redesign.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a1372cc3e61
    deactivated-57a1372cc3e61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By Rothbart

New Dante looks cool.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By hero_swe
    @kookro said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " >Scroll down >full page of SeriouslyNow and Hitman >business as usual.jpg "
    Did you just try and greentext on giantbomb? 

"

What is greentext? My friends and I do it cause we're lazy, and it sums up things nicely.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cloneslayer

I love DMC, but I wouldn't mind some freshness in the series and I trust Ninja Theory to do a good job.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123  Edited By eric_buck

He looks to stereotypical indie kid. They should have made him look like Little Nicky.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#124  Edited By Catolf
    @HitmanAgent47:  In the end you can't call a game crap for scores on a gamer-ranking. Play it for yourself. Then draw your own conclusion, simple. it's called having a mind of your own and not being a sheep. We've only seen one Trailer, and i'm sorry your closed minded, but I myself would rather think positive. If it's shit, then we can say it's shit once we get our hands on a demo / see more footage. As someone said before on here NT isn't a big company and if they have someone who looks like the look they were going after convenient, they would use them to get it done and save on costs. It's called being smart with your money. You can use it for better things than on the character creation.
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By phantomzxro

That's cool and all brad but this is old news and granted capcom usa did want this crazy version of dante. But my problem is why does this dante look like the main guy in ninja thoery. Also i think his comment about what was cool 10 years ago is not cool now really did not help to win over fans. All i can say is i will wait for gameplay but i can't say i'm looking forward to it.  

Also lets call this for what it is a big F*** you to fans and a warm welcome to potental new fans!
    deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By deadmoscow

I really like the new design, and I really don't want to see the same character dragged out through yet another game full of pizza kicking one liners.  I still liked old Dante, but I also thought the series was getting pretty stale with DMC4.   Anybody know the song they used in the trailer, btw?

Also it's absolutely hilarious to me to see how butthurt people like HitmanAgent47 are getting over this.  A game company is changing something about a game I like?  TIME TO SPERG THE HELL OUT ON THE INTERNET ABOUT IT

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Atary77

This game will probably be out next year if not later which would make it ten years since the very first title. So I guess a reboot isn't too bad of an idea. Let's just hope the voice acting is up to par. Anyone remember the lousy dialog from the first game?

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By phantomzxro
    @Yzzerdd said:
    " "I wanted to make Dante look more current, more in tune with today's culture, more hip.............. so I modeled him after myself." "

Pretty much this is why they are still getting heat, and the fact he said he knows what cool is.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TwoOneFive

he looks like a little bitch. thats it. too small, too skinny, too emo, too much like the leader of ninja theory which is weird as hell, and uh...yeah. he needs to be a slick lookin dude i get that, but a big and badass and most imporantly he needs to look like he can totally handle those big ass guns, unlike this new guy who looks like he is totally outweighed by them. the new guy looks like something out of Final Fantasy VII. that little guy holding a giant sword never looked right but it was cool in its own right. here is different. he needs to look more like Clint Eastwood, not literally, but more tough and strong. otherwise those guns just look ridiculous in his hands.  

oh and is that Andy Serkis again in the VO? ninka theory sure loves that guy!

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By phantomzxro
    @deadmoscow said:
    "I really like the new design, and I really don't want to see the same character dragged out through yet another game full of pizza kicking one liners.  I still liked old Dante, but I also thought the series was getting pretty stale with DMC4.   Anybody know the song they used in the trailer, btw?  Also it's absolutely hilarious to me to see how butthurt people like HitmanAgent47 are getting over this.  A game company is changing something about a game I like?  TIME TO SPERG THE HELL OUT ON THE INTERNET ABOUT IT "

well it's understandable i can't say on hitman actions but its rare that early reboots work, half the reason of it is the same fans don't support it. The other half is it does not improve the game in a big way. I think you would get the same reaction if bungie tried to pull a fast one and turn halo reach into a different game and try to call it  a halo game. But i will try my best to hold judgement until we see gameplay but gameplay has never been ninja theory good points in a game. It's more in line with allowing  SquareEnix to make the next ninja gaiden game.
    psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#131  Edited By psykhophear

I don't consider myself a hardcore fan but I am actually against the redesign of Dante. I was shocked when I first saw the trailer and I'm not sure if I'd grow to like it. 

TheMartino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By TheMartino

As long as Ninja Theory doesn't enter my home and take DMC3 away from me, I'm cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only the hottest and most important news from Giant Bomb.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Chop

I don't give a crap about the redesign, I'm worried the combat. Both HS and Enslaved have horribly boring and simplest combat. DMC's appeal is in it's combo and system and nothing NT has done shows that they can pull it off.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Catolf
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " he looks like a little bitch. thats it. too small, too skinny, too emo, too much like the leader of ninja theory which is weird as hell, and uh...yeah. he needs to be a slick lookin dude i get that, but a big and badass and most imporantly he needs to look like he can totally handle those big ass guns, unlike this new guy who looks like he is totally outweighed by them. the new guy looks like something out of Final Fantasy VII. that little guy holding a giant sword never looked right but it was cool in its own right. here is different. he needs to look more like Clint Eastwood, not literally, but more tough and strong. otherwise those guns just look ridiculous in his hands.    oh and is that Andy Serkis again in the VO? ninka theory sure loves that guy! "
    If this were like Final fantasy you wouldn't be able to tell if Dante was a girl or a boy with that pretty face.. but then again the first dante you would toss a long haired wig on and say was a lady XD (cept DMC4 Dante, now that looked like a guy)

And the VO I thought sounded more like Steven J Blum.. but that's just me XP
    zeldaking2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By zeldaking2001

Having now played Enslaved I have a lot of confidence in the guys at Ninja Theory.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

So I was actually right, they are literally just using the name to sell a game in a similar vein... Nice... Fuck heads. It's a pity that these guys are stuck working someone else's IP when they are so capable of creating unique games.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By deadmoscow
    @phantomzxro said:
    well it's understandable i can't say on hitman actions but its rare that early reboots work, half the reason of it is the same fans don't support it. The other half is it does not improve the game in a big way. I think you would get the same reaction if bungie tried to pull a fast one and turn halo reach into a different game and try to call it  a halo game. But i will try my best to hold judgement until we see gameplay but gameplay has never been ninja theory good points in a game. It's more in line with allowing  SquareEnix to make the next ninja gaiden game. "
    It's just weird to me that people are getting so upset about Devil May Cry...I was not aware the series had such rabid fans.  I could certainly understand the reaction if, say, Nintendo handed over the reins of the Zelda franchise to, say, Bioware or something.  But Devil May Cry?   

Either way, this whole argument is pretty moot because the damn game hasn't even been released yet.  
    slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#139  Edited By slax
    @deadmoscow:  A Zelda game done by Bioware would be genius!
    AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By AxleBro

ok so its teenage dante, smokes, has emo hair, hes a bit more of  punk then a cocky bastard... makes sense, i don't hate it, i think the people who are really complaining about this are the ones who never played a lot of DMC, but claim to to sound cool.... much like with a lot of things like this.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#141  Edited By benspyda

I couldn't care less by them wanting to change his design. But I don't really like the look of their redesign at all. There is a difference between being a fanboy and just not liking their final decision. 

It would have been awesome if they released several redesigns and let the fan base vote. But hey ninja theory are talented developers and I have faith in the game they will make, bad main character design or not.

Haseo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Haseo

Big DMC fan here hate the redesign already not going to by this game from this.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Catolf
    @Haseo said:
    " Big DMC fan here hate the redesign already not going to by this game from this. "
    Thanks for the input. <<
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#144  Edited By Addfwyn

I'm relatively indifferent to the design, and more curious to how the game will play.  Given that it's Ninja Theory, who has a pretty decent track record so far in my book, I'm pretty excited for it actually.
    peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#145  Edited By peacebrother

Devil May Cry is one of my favourite series, and I am really excited about this redesign.  Am i in the minority here?

Jamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Jamjones

I'm really digging the new Dante and after playing Enslaved I'm really looking forward to this DMC with there art style and story telling with those who did the combat for either DMC 3 or 4 backing them on how to do the combat then I'm alright and its kinda funny saying that this Dante should be in Twilight while Dante 1 and 3 would be more of a match for it.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TwilitEnd656

If the game's good, I'm all for enjoying the game while I hate Dante. Or, maybe they'll get his character down, so I won't even have to hate him. I'll just have to wait to say any more than that.

this_guy571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By this_guy571

Oh good, from anime "badass" to emo kid. I can't tell which is worse.

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By citizenjp

Capcom Japan urged Ninja Theory to suck is pretty much what I got from this. t(^_^ t )

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @HitmanAgent47: they want to appeal more to the west. Everyone about the graphics and the tone is pretty decent, just the character model itself is terrible. If its a western they're going for, they need to make him look like Clint Eastwood (not literally, but just stronger and tougher looking) and not the pansy wannabe that followed him around in Unforgiven.   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.