Classic Dante skin available for 320 MS

• 145 results
#101 Posted by ViciousReiven (815 posts) -

Chances are these were made after finalization of the game, either way I'm buying them, I love changing up the look of characters from time to time. 
And stop saying skins dammit, these are MODELS, a skin would be a texture swap.

#102 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@spankingaddict: I don't see how the only non-DLC costumes are White Hair Dante and the Coatless Dante which you get for beating SoS mode.

#103 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

I wonder if I'll get this for pre-ordering from Green Man Gaming. Probably not, but I guess I can buy the skin pack when it's like 99 cents somewhere down the line because Steam Sales! Yay for me?

#104 Posted by Solh0und (1752 posts) -

This is more like God of War lll starting a gross trend than Cap-ca-pom.

#105 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

Capcom just can't stop being Capcom.

#106 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Azteck said:

Capcom just can't stop being Capcom.

I know. It's almost like no other developers release DLC not worth having.

Wait a minute...

@Solh0und said:

It can't get worse than Gears of War gun skins.

#107 Posted by Solh0und (1752 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@Solh0und said:

You know......that is definitely,definitely true.

#108 Posted by Kidable (126 posts) -

Man, you can't beat Capcoms DLC practices. I was looking through Dragons Dogma DLC earlier, and they were selling the goddamn Japanese voice acting. And extra difficulty modes. WHAT IS GAMING.

#109 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

@Kidable said:

Man, you can't beat Capcoms DLC practices. I was looking through Dragons Dogma DLC earlier, and they were selling the goddamn Japanese voice acting. And extra difficulty modes. WHAT IS GAMING.

Oh, man. Now that's hilarious. At least when Koei offered up the Japanese voice track for Dynasty Warriors 7 as DLC, they offered it for free.

#110 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@Solh0und said:

@Sooty said:

@Solh0und said:

I don't know... some of those gun skins were kiiiinda cool. >_>

#111 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

@Kidable said:

I totally got the Dragon's Dogma hard mode for free. Maybe it was a time-limited thing?

#112 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Why is it a problem other than paying for this fanservice stuff is sort of silly and is way cooler if you unlock it through some sort of skill.

#113 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

@Nottle said:

Why is it a problem other than paying for this fanservice stuff is sort of silly and is way cooler if you unlock it through some sort of skill.

The incentive to play for the unlocks can be lost when you can just open your wallet and get the rewards without even trying.

#114 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Solh0und said:

@Sooty said:

@Solh0und said:

I don't know... some of those gun skins were kiiiinda cool. >_>

Except for the price, fuck that shit.

#115 Posted by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

This feels like a slap to the face of all the people who were complaining about the look of the new Dante.

I find it to be a genius move on Capcom's part.

This. I love it. Capcom trolling the masses.

#116 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@MikeGosot said:

I think it should come with the game, because this is kind of overpriced. But hey, if the new look bothers you so much...

And it's only one costume out of the first costume pack (yes, first). But it's also the best of the bunch, unless you really want "Neo Dante," I guess.

But yeah. A million years or 320 Microsoft Points, whichever comes first.

What is Neo Dante supposed to be a refference to?
#117 Posted by HellknightLeon (446 posts) -

Ok... Now I'm in...

#118 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Get wrecked, fanboy diehards!

#119 Posted by Undeadpool (4902 posts) -

New funniest part: skin's free on the PC version (MAYbe a pre-order bonus? I dunno, but it's unlocked on my copy and I ain't usin' it)

#120 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

New funniest part: skin's free on the PC version (MAYbe a pre-order bonus? I dunno, but it's unlocked on my copy and I ain't usin' it)

The "Skin DLC Pack" or something like that was free with the pre-order on Steam, which I guess included this skin, Neo Dante, and Dark Dante.

#121 Posted by SuperFusion (43 posts) -

I bought this on PC and I love it. The only thing that bothers me is that they make that giant "fuck you" to fans who didn't like the redesign at the beginning of the game and Dante says: "Not in a million years." Alright, very funny. But then, not even two weeks later, Ninja Theory releases the "original" Dante skin. (On the PC it's a pre-order bonus) What the fuck? I don't get this. It's like they made a giant taunt to the original fans who were pissed at the character redesign but then regretted it and took it back and released this skin. I find that pretty retarded.

#122 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

I doubt they did it as any sort of consolation for original games fanboys; Wouldn't be surprised if it was something the modelers created during development as a bit of fun, and they decided it was good enough to release as dlc.

#123 Posted by tyler1285 (172 posts) -

@SuperFusion: It's just a little joke. Play the rest of the game brah...

#124 Posted by SuperFusion (43 posts) -

Oh don't worry. I still love the game and I plan to play it multiple times through. I just find it sleazy that they released a skin like that even though they were all: "Haha look at us, we just dissed all the original DMC fans" :/

#125 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

So bought the costume pack. REALLY REALLY loving Neo Dante. To the point where I wish Neo Dante was the default design.

#126 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

So bought the costume pack. REALLY REALLY loving Neo Dante. To the point where I wish Neo Dante was the default design.

What's Neo Dante look like?

#127 Posted by Hailinel (23659 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Demoskinos said:

See my response on the first page of this thread. There's a picture.

#128 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Demoskinos said:

Wow that's pretty ugly.

#129 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Hailinel said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Demoskinos said:

Wow that's pretty ugly.

*shrug* Hey whateva. I really like it. Bring on Bloody Palace mode already!

#130 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Hailinel said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Demoskinos said:

Wow that's pretty ugly.

*shrug* Hey whateva. I really like it. Bring on Bloody Palace mode already!

XD. Looks like an alternate Spiderman costume or something. Spiderman Leather Generation!

#131 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: Well, if its any consolation upon seeing that design screenshot I thought it was hella ugly myself seeing it in game however has changed my mind.

#132 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Ugh. Once I get the game, I know I'll buy this. Anyone know how the PS3 version is? Played both demos and didn't notice any differences, but you never know.

#133 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

@Hailinel: Well. Now "Neo Dante" is burned into my eyeballs. Forever. It's so bad.

#134 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@PHenry1991: Uh the usual of what you'd expect from an unreal game. Pop-in in some spots load times are worse on PS3 and there are occasionally audio stutters. I've heard some people saying that the frame rate is bad too but I've never experienced that. Its plenty playable and I personally think the Dualshock is more comfy for playing this game but 360 version does have less issues.

#135 Posted by Warchief (650 posts) -

read the title of this post to fast thought it said "Hardcore Dave Skin..."

#136 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

@Demoskinos: So the typical PS3 Unreal Engine problems. Perfect. Well whatever. I do prefer the Dual Shock so I might as well buy the Playstation version.

#137 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -

@Warchief said:

read the title of this post to fast thought it said "Hardcore Dave Skin..."

That would be the most amazing thing in forever.

#138 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -

I have the DLC and game installed on PC, I want to do a first new playthrough with classic dante skin, where do I change it?

EDIT: I didn't see the Skins Options in the New Game option, because I didn't choose it at the time. Ok, I've found it.

#139 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@dcgc said:

I have the DLC and game installed on PC, I want to do a first new playthrough with classic dante skin, where do I change it?

You have to go to "Missions" and then under the third option (I can't remember, but it's the third option and it's under "Shop") right before you start into the mission and you can change the costume in there.

#140 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@dcgc said:

You have to go to "Missions" and then under the third option (I can't remember, but it's the third option and it's under "Shop") right before you start into the mission and you can change the costume in there.

It's in the "New Game" option as well. Thanks.

#141 Posted by Soap (3559 posts) -

... New Dante looks better than old Dante.

#unpopularopinions.

#142 Posted by WolfHazard (460 posts) -

I really like this costume pack tbh, I like the Classic look and Neo Dante is pretty sweet too.

#143 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@Soap said:

... New Dante looks better than old Dante.

#unpopularopinions.

Not sure it's as unpopular as you think it is.

#144 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

Hey all the people who hated the new Dante can now play the new DMC without complaining every second! Full disclosure I liked DMC but I still like the Old Dante look.

#145 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Chaoskiller2000 said:

Hey all the people who hated the new Dante can now play the new DMC without complaining every second! Full disclosure I liked DMC but I still like the Old Dante look.

Yeah. Although, one thing. Is it just me, or by the time the game ended he looked pretty much like old dante (DMC3 young dante, I mean) except for hair length and color? His face looked aged, and his skin color different

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.