Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Cost of items in shop rising?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

So I finished the game two times now and in the process I upgraded both the health and devil trigger to the max. Now I started to spend the orbs on the other items, like healh stars or gold orbs. I noticed the price of each item goes up every time I buy one, at first I assumed the game makes it more expensive the more of that item you have in inventory, making it pricier to carry too many at one time. But now I used some up and the price stays. Is the price just gonna go up all the time? That would suck, because in that case it would be wise not to use anything until the super hard difficulties. Or is there a price cieling or something?

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SuperFusion

In past DMC's, the prices go also go up, but there is a limit to their inflation. IIRC, in DMC3, Large Green Vital Stars cost 10k red souls at the maximum. So yes, there's a price ceiling.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268

There's probably a price ceiling. There was in the previous DMC's.  

And yeah, using items is/was bad for your score anyway so you shouldn't.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John1912

Yea they do that to try and cap you a bit on just being able to over purchase health items. It makes you plan more for the whole game. Do I really want to use a health item here on level 1 so they cost more on level 10. Making it all that much harder later in the game?

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dropabombonit

Yeah I noticed that too because you kind of need items on Son of Sparda difficulty just to get through some levels

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By I_smell

We won't have this problem once we get back to the GOLD STANDARD... of-- orb.. blood-heads.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb

Never buy items, never admit defeat.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Never buy items, max out health & DT = No need for items.

If on high difficulties you're stuck use Gold Orbs they're superior to Vitality Stars.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Quipido

Thanks for the comments, I guess it makes sense beacause once I maxed the health and DT, I could affor to buy all the health I would ever need... this actually makes it meaningfully more challenging. I just wish the game communicated this to me at the start of the game. Also, if you go for the high score, it is better to use health before you die, rather than using gold orb, which reduces the score much more significantly... I need to take a break from the game now, finished it on SoS and unlocked the higher difficulties. And the HoH difficulty is a joke, unless you actually try and go for the highscores, you can do it easily in one sitting, blasting everything with guns. I just put on a bombcast and did it this afternoon.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crysack

@dropabombonit said:

Yeah I noticed that too because you kind of need items on Son of Sparda difficulty just to get through some levels

In the previous games, the use of any items at all tanked your rating completely. I have no idea why they're so forgiving in this iteration.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By golguin

No items ever dude. You'll thank me when you start to play on the harder difficulties if DmC is like the older DMC games. The way I see it if my enemy can't use recovery items then neither should I.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.