Devil May Cry 5

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

I am discussing a real Devil may cry taking places after the other 4 Devil May Crys The new DmC game is just a reboot and ninja Theory takes over making Dante to look like a emo

Look at what you' done Capcom

I was hoping they make a sequal taking place after the events of 1-4 (from chronologically order) but instead they came up with this?

That is unbelievable and the producer/director of DmC4 quit.Why!?!?

I mean How will we know of Nero's origins,will Vergil come back,Can Dante meet his father,and what happen to Mundus?

Come on Capcom We need the old days back.Also a rumor ws that Nero is Vergil's son so why can't we see that in the games?

I mean I need to calm down about this but I can't Devil May Cry is an awesome series ninja theory don't mess it up.Well I must admit the gameplay looks awesome but I have my doubts

#2 Posted by Lab392 (241 posts) -

You need to calm down about this.

#3 Edited by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

The new DmC game is just a reboot and ninja Theory takes over making Dante to look like a emo

I'm assuming from this statement that you don't think Dante always looked pretty emo?

I mean, his name was already Dante, and his game was already called Devil May Cry.

Seriously, read that title aloud to yourself: Devil May Cry.

#4 Edited by Quarters (1633 posts) -

First off, Dante wasn't emo to begin with? "Fill your dark soul with light," anyone? Secondly, Nero is Vergil's son, as explained by the(hotly contested in regards to canon) DMC4 novel. Vergil is dead, and is at best kind of a part of Nero now that he has the Yamato. Mundus is dead, as shown by DMC1/Viewtiful Joe(if you want to get freaky). Sparda is also dead, and Dante riding off into Hell at the end of DMC2, mirroring a reknowned act of Sparda, is probably the closest you could get to him meeting his father. There, problem solved. Personally, while I love the old games, I'm really looking forward to the reboot. Should be interesting.

#5 Edited by Xolare (1274 posts) -

Aren't you the guy that made a shit ton of anime threads?

Edit: Nope. You made a bunch of shitty Vs Threads.

#6 Posted by ick_bop (110 posts) -

Wow, someone that not only cares about the retarded DMC 'mythology', but also thinks that old Dante didn't look like a pussy male model.

#7 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

I would rather see the reboot happen rather than Devil May Cry 5 because at 4 you could see they were running out of ideas, and remember the reaction when Nero would be the main character and people hated it because fanboys hate change. The new Devil May Cry looks fine and atleast they are trying something different with the franchise.

#8 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

You're about 9 months too late for this bandwagon. DMC4 was a horrendous game.

#9 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@Xolare: Yeah and you make the stupid comments that even your mom would do.

#10 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@Quarters: First off Mundus is imprisoned not dead and second Vergil fate was unknown no one knows what happen to him after he broke free of mundus's control

#11 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

After that latest video of the Ninja Theory DMC, I don't think anyone can complain about it.  It looks fucking amazing.

#12 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

A your mom joke? Really?

Anyway most people seem to be optimistic about the game, I certainly am.

#13 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Did you discover this today? Because the game was announced at like TGS 2010 or something.

#14 Posted by Xolare (1274 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

...the fuck...

#15 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

Can I just say something? Ninja Theory had death threats sent to them.

#16 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4293 posts) -

Oh boy, this is awesome. I woke up this hoping for another one of these threads and my dream came true -_-

#17 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

DMC4 is a great game hampered by some rather transparent level-recycling. And Nero's devil-arm made the combat markedly more fun and approachable.

#18 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

Threads and people like this make me feel terrible for being a fan of anything ever.

#19 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

I loved DMC4, then again, it's the only one I've played, but still. I feel like Dante (at least in DMC4) wasn't really the glue holding the series together, but it's the fantastically fluid gameplay and air juggling mechanics. Have you seen the new video they put out that was posted on here? The combat looks just as slick as ever. Maybe I have a weird view because I'm not at ALL invested in Dantes story, but I like the direction they have taken this game in so far from what I've seen. I would still like to see more of Nero's story tho', he seemed pretty friggin' kickass.

#20 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@Jack268: I have heard of it when i watched the trailers in 2011

#21 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

Well I must admit the gameplay looks awesome but I have my doubts

Why don't you just wait for the game to come out? You already said you think the gameplay looks awesome, so are you just pissed about aesthetics. Give me great gameplay over style any day of the week (Although, for the record, I like the new direction).

#22 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

@Quarters: First off Mundus is imprisoned not dead and second Vergil fate was unknown no one knows what happen to him after he broke free of mundus's control

No. Vergil was killed in DMC 1. He is Nelo Angelo, and Dante kills him not knowing that it's Vergil. He realizes who he just killed when he picks up the other half of the amulet to open the underworld.

#23 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

know one knows and know one really cares. i just want to hit demons with big swords and shoot stuff.

#24 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I enjoyed all the DMC games and i'm looking forward the new one. I don't see what is the problem with the new look of the character.
#25 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

The new DmC game is just a reboot and ninja Theory takes over making Dante to look like a emo

How does he look emo

#26 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3795 posts) -

Seriously? That is honestly one of the most pathetic things I've heard in a while...the human race is doomed.

#27 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@ultimatepunchrod: Yeah no one knows what happened to Vergil

#28 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy: no Saying the Human race is doomed is pathetic @DarthOrange: first off He looks like Edward Cullen from Twilight and second smoking dante is already cool but smoking,that's just going too far.

#29 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

it's a reboot all other DMC games never existed.

#30 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (303 posts) -

@Toxin45: One question: Have you played Heavenly Sword or Enslaved? I think you might change your mind after playing either one. Also read this:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216590p1.html

Remember Hideaki Itsuno is working on this game (if your a big fan of the series I don't think I need to explain who this is). Also IT IS WAY TOO EARLY TO SAY ANYTHING. For all you know this could be the best game in the series. Aside from a couple minutes of gameplay and concept images, we have no idea what the finished product will be.

#31 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

smoking dante is already cool but smoking,that's just going too far.

...What?

#32 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@Landon: Sorry i Meant Dante is smoking wheat

#33 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@IIGrayFoxII: I played the demos I might get a full game

#34 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@ultimatepunchrod: Was the three week old bump really worth telling a guy to, "wait for it to come out"?
#35 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

@ultimatepunchrod: Yeah no one knows what happened to Vergil

I played the game. You kill Vergil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_(video_game)#Plot

@Napalm said:

@ultimatepunchrod: Was the three week old bump really worth telling a guy to, "wait for it to come out"?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if I'm interpreting you correctly, I didn't come here just to tell that guy to wait for the game to come out. I came here because with the thread title being as ambiguous as "Devil May Cry 5" I thought there may be a reasonable/rational discussion of the new game, but I should have known better.

#36 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@ultimatepunchrod:You do know that anyone can edit wikipedia right?

#37 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

@ultimatepunchrod:You do know that anyone can edit wikipedia right?

That's why I qualified it with the fact that I played the game, and I'm pretty sure I know how to discern a plot point from a cutscene.

#38 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@ultimatepunchrod: Not all people believe that Vergil died the capcom producers did not say he was dead or alive

#39 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45: Well it's not a question of believing it really. He exploded...more or less. But this is going nowhere. Agree to disagree.

#40 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@ultimatepunchrod: DmC is more of a side game and possibly might make an actual Devil May Cry 5 taking place after devil may cry 2

#41 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:

@ultimatepunchrod: DmC is more of a side game and possibly might make an actual Devil May Cry 5 taking place after devil may cry 2

it's not a side game it's a reboot
#42 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

It takes place in an alternative universe,geez

#43 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Toxin45 said:

I hope not, but yeah they've left that option open but with no real plans for it.

#44 Posted by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

Not surprised to see a dude with a Alucard avatar complaining about the DMC reboot. Can't say I'm not infinitely more interested in the new design than the generic goth-anime aesthetic that fans seem so obsessed about.

#45 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:

It takes place in an alternative universe,geez

I don't think you know what a reboot is
#46 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@kingzetta: A reboot is a remake a previous games and takes place in an alternative universe

#47 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:

@kingzetta: A reboot is a remake a previous games and takes place in an alternative universe

A reboot is not a remake of any game.
#48 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

@kingzetta: Oh yeah?

#49 Posted by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I thought DMC4 was amazing and I actually still go back and play it to this day. The level recycling doesn't bother me because you're using a different character when you go back so so while the levels are they same the play style is completely different. I thought Nero was a great character and while he technically isn't as deep and Dante when you learn how to play him right he's freaking fun. I consider Dante to be akin to an electric guitar and Nero is a bass - While the bass is more basic on first glance, it's very hard to master.

#50 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3795 posts) -
@Toxin45: Oooh so you're one of the guys who sent death threats to Ninja Theory. That makes a whole lot of sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.