DmC coming to Steam on January 25th, 60fps

#1 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

stolen from the neogaf thread:

London, UK. — 13 December, 2012 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that DmC Devil May Cry™ will be available at European retail and via digital download for Windows® PC on January 25th 2013.

Developed by QLOC S.A. for Windows PC, DmC Devil May Cry will include full AMD support, reinforcing the stunning visuals of the game. The title will feature both AMD Eyefinity multi display technology and AMD CrossFire™ technology, allowing gamers to harness the power of two or more graphics cards to dramatically increase the game’s performance. Senior Capcom Producer on DmC Devil May Cry, Alex Jones, commented “DmC Devil May Cry’s performance on AMD is amazing, it pumps our already incredible visuals and effects to the next level, making it an even more immersive and intense experience.”

The PC version will be compatible with both keyboard and mouse, Xbox 360® controller and all third party direct input controllers. Players can enjoy the game at 60 fps or even higher with no maximum limitation, creating a stunning visual experience for PC gamers.

Gamers that download DmC Devil May Cry via Steam will be able to take full advantage of features such as Cloud saving, achievements, friends support and leaderboards.

The recommended and minimum specs for DmC Devil May Cry on PC are as follows:

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 Ghz or better,

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space

Video Card: ATI Radeon™ HD 3850 or better,

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better

DirectX®: 9.0c or greater

Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended System Requirements:

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 3 Ghz or better,

Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space

Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 or better

DirectX®: 9.0c or greater

Sound: Standard audio device

master race jokes aside, glad its finally confirmed, hopefully 60fps should make fans slightly happier. Also the mention of steam achievements and cloud saves hopefully mean its Steamworks, a first for Capcom. Now where's my Dragon's Dogma PC?

edit: and a trailer to boot

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Alright, I can wait an extra 10 days for this.

#3 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

who the fuck would play DmC with a keyboard and mouse...

#4 Edited by Snail (8584 posts) -

This is good news. It's not a months-long gap between the console and PC versions, it's CrossFire compatible, and seems to be a well optimized version. Woo!

You, sir, have made my day.

#5 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

Sweet! Game should look pretty great on PC.

#6 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

added trailer to the OP

#7 Edited by believer258 (11682 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

Better question: How the fuck would you play DmC with a keyboard and mouse? It would feel like playing an RTS with a controller. And while that's been done before, it's never been done anywhere near acceptably.

EDIT: But I'm pretty sure it will work with a 360 controller, so... yay.

Also,

will be available at European retail and via digital download for Windows® PC on January 25th 2013.

Only in Europe?

#8 Posted by Killercombo (218 posts) -

If they support the PC version (Unlike SFxT and AE - still waiting for patches) then I will buy this game on PC (after I get the xbox version early from work to see if I actually like it.)

#9 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Bell_End said:

Better question: How the fuck would you play DmC with a keyboard and mouse? It would feel like playing an RTS with a controller. And while that's been done before, it's never been done anywhere near acceptably.

EDIT: But I'm pretty sure it will work with a 360 controller, so... yay.

Also,

will be available at European retail and via digital download for Windows® PC on January 25th 2013.

Only in Europe?

says right in the press release it works with the 360 controller

and this is a european press release, hence the euro date. Jan 25th is a friday, the day we get new releases, so you guys probably get it on the 22nd, the previous tuesday

#10 Posted by RVonE (4607 posts) -

For a minute you got me excited when I thought it was a PC version for Devil May Cry. Then I scrolled down and saw the video and felt deflated.

#11 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

I can't think of the last time I bought a major PC release and wasn't able to plug in a 360 controller and play right away.

#12 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@RVonE said:

For a minute you got me excited when I thought it was a PC version for Devil May Cry. Then I scrolled down and saw the video and felt deflated.

Man, I envy you. Being able to replay Devil May Cry as if it released yesterday. As for me, I can't. I just can't.

#13 Posted by RVonE (4607 posts) -

@Klei said:

@RVonE said:

Man, I envy you. Being able to replay Devil May Cry as if it released yesterday. As for me, I can't. I just can't.

I recently did and had a blast, though. Did you try? Give it a go.

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I don't get why you would need multiple screen support for a 3rd person game.

#15 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

another trailer in the OP...although YT trailers locked at 30fps dont really show much of a PC version :P

#16 Posted by VierasTalo (687 posts) -

That's cool. Might buy to show my support.

#17 Edited by GaspoweR (2835 posts) -

@Bell_End: I finished the PC version of DMC 3 on a keyboard. No joke.

EDIT: Yes, not a great decision on my part though.

#18 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

That's awesome , but I can't wait 2 weeks . I'm getting day 1 .

#19 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

Looking really good, I need to get a better PC.

#20 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

Sweet! Going PC! I was actually not too happy about being this hyped for a console game. "Not a slight against the system, my 360 is just badly placed in the house". Now I can play this to death in peace. :D

#21 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I find it weird they say 60 FPS is a feature, when that entirely depends on how well a machine can run it. It's not across the board like a console game.

#22 Edited by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

This...IS a joke, right?

#23 Posted by MURDERSMASH (250 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I find it weird they say 60 FPS is a feature, when that entirely depends on how well a machine can run it. It's not across the board like a console game.

Well, they're saying that because most console games are limited to 30fps.

As for the PC version, i'm really excited. I've been watching this game for months, and to see the difference in graphical quality in those PC gameplay trailers is pretty incredible. Can't wait to play this one!

#24 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

urgh, now the difficulty springs for me: 360 for sooner or PC for better?

#25 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -

Youtube can't support higher than 30fps. So you won't notice any difference. Here are the videos on a player that goes up to 60fps, and yes, it certainly looks alot smoother.

http://gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_1-29276_en.html

http://gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_2-29277_en.html

#26 Edited by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -
#27 Posted by Vampir (129 posts) -

@MURDERSMASH said:

@Sooty said:

I think some PC ports have been framerate limited as well. It's depressing if enough have really done so that companies can now claim a lack of limit as a feature. It's like Dominos bragging that they use real cheese on their pizzas.

#28 Posted by MURDERSMASH (250 posts) -

@Vampir said:

@MURDERSMASH said:

@Sooty said:

I think some PC ports have been framerate limited as well. It's depressing if enough have really done so that companies can now claim a lack of limit as a feature. It's like Dominos bragging that they use real cheese on their pizzas.

Yeah, they have been. Such is the sad state of PC gaming: 60fps is a feature.

#29 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -

I can easily wait. I'm not too hyped for this game, really. Maybe I'll get it in a big Steam sale or something, but definitely not a full price. It's not worth it to me.

#30 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. Street figher x tekkens steam release has a 1 machine install limit. So, lets say you upgrade your motherboard. Sometimes the game will think its on a different system. Really all depends on how the DRM is. Considering I just spend 5 hours trying to get Ubisofts drm Uplay crap to work with Far cry 3 correctly, I really don't want to have to do this again.

Price too. 50$ and its a maybe. 60$ and i'll just wait a few months.

#31 Posted by csl316 (8181 posts) -

Coolness. I'll play the 360 version but don't mind a great PC port of this game existing.

#32 Posted by Zapbrader (173 posts) -

This whole time I didn't think it was even coming to PC. Now I'm buying it.

#33 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

I am not interested in the game, but if this is as well optimised as it seems, I can always get behind a well executed PC port, keep it up Capcom.

#34 Posted by MattClassic (428 posts) -

It would be pretty awesome if the PC version of this had Legendary Dark Knight mode like DMC4.

#35 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

One PC review (gamestar.de) says that the mouse/keyboard controls are great and one of the reviewers even preferred it over the gamepad.@thechronodarkness said:

I'm not going to jump the gun just yet. Street figher x tekkens steam release has a 1 machine install limit. So, lets say you upgrade your motherboard. Sometimes the game will think its on a different system. Really all depends on how the DRM is. Considering I just spend 5 hours trying to get Ubisofts drm Uplay crap to work with Far cry 3 correctly, I really don't want to have to do this again.

Price too. 50$ and its a maybe. 60$ and i'll just wait a few months.

$49.99 on steam, greenmangaming can shave 10% off that as well.

#36 Posted by cannonballBAM (591 posts) -

on sale for $37.50 at green man gaming (steam redeemable) with code.

GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

enjoy.

#37 Posted by Vitor (2812 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508303

Apparently the game is CRAZY well optimised.

100 FPS maxed at 1920x1080 but with no AA on a 460. 200FPS+ for anyone with a 670 or better.

#38 Posted by Redsox44 (481 posts) -

@Vitor said:

100 FPS maxed at 1920x1080 but with no AA on a 460. 200FPS+ for anyone with a 670 or better.

That's awesome I'll definitely get it then.

#39 Posted by Vitor (2812 posts) -

@Redsox44 said:

@Vitor said:

That's awesome I'll definitely get it then.

Yeah, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Plus, GreenManGaming has a 25% off voucher and the game is already discounted pretty heavily. I got my copy for around £20 and it activates on steam.

#40 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Eh, I think I would rather play this on the couch anyway.

#41 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

@49th said:

Why don't you use a controller on your desk, while using a comfortable chair?

Or you know, if you like couch gaming that much, maybe you could get a device to wireless stream from your computer to your TV/projector?

#42 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -
@Snail said:

@49th said:

Why don't you use a controller on your desk, while using a comfortable chair?

Or you know, if you like couch gaming that much, maybe you could get a device to wireless stream from your computer to your TV/projector?

I could do that - I prefer to lie back while playing these types of games though. I can't lie back on this chair properly and it's not very comfortable. My bed is also too far from the monitor for it to be enjoyable. 
Also can't be assed with streaming options, if there was some kind of Steam Box though... that would be more appealing.
#43 Posted by jimmyfenix (3837 posts) -

I have a serious question over here. Is there any way to connect a ps3 controller to play pc games ? Its a noob question but im a console guy

#44 Posted by Vitor (2812 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

I have a serious question over here. Is there any way to connect a ps3 controller to play pc games ? Its a noob question but im a console guy

Totally. You can use a third party program that basically tricks games into seeing the Dualshock as a 360 controller. Can't remember the name though.

#45 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: @Vitor said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Totally. You can use a third party program that basically tricks games into seeing the Dualshock as a 360 controller. Can't remember the name though.

Your looking for DS3 tool Now as far as driver wrappers go it's a cheap bastard, it's housed in an internet ad supported loader, but I can't argue with it's functionality, people have accused it of being malware in the past but I have solidly run it for over 3 years without a single problem. It's fairly self explanatory once you know what you're looking at but if you run into problems PM me,

#46 Edited by cannonballBAM (591 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@jimmyfenix said:

DS3 tool. Its now called MotionInJoy.

This is the version I have run for quite awhile.

#47 Posted by xSeanZx (188 posts) -

Wow this looks good as fuck on PC. I am so tempted to wait now, except I cannot resell my PC copy later which is a problem

#48 Posted by Brodehouse (9649 posts) -

Ergh, I love 60 but I want that game now.

Maybe I'll buy it on 360 now and then I can get it for 10 bucks on the Steam Summer Sale or whatever.

#49 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Wow, props for knocking it out of the park with the PC support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.