DmC Ending Leaked: Creator self inserts his own Twitter account

• 57 results
#1 Edited by Transitional (3 posts) -

Spoilers obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Tx-ee7QDc&t=1m54s

Maybe he's trying to get more followers? Lmao.

#demons

Note: This isn't the final ending, there's another mission and boss fight after this where

You fight Vergil in a kind of out-of-no-where heel turn, once you beat him the game just rolls to credits without much more explanation
#2 Edited by mordukai (7157 posts) -

@Transitional: Lame, then again DMC games are not well known for their stories.

#3 Posted by Transitional (3 posts) -

@mordukai said:

Consider that was the whole reason why NT was signed on to make the reboot, it's a fair assumption to judge the story a bit more harshly than past DMC games, because the combat certainly isnt up to snuff from the past iterations.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Transitional: That's...incredibly stupid.

#5 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

Obviously we're dealing with professionals here...

#6 Edited by cptoverkilll (1 posts) -

Spoilers! The TRUE ending in a nutshell.

Virgil wants to rule the humans so him and Dante fight(last boss battle) and Dante stabs him in the chest. While driving his sword farther through Virgil to kill him, he stops because Kat begs him to. Virgil says "i loved you brother" then disappears
#7 Posted by SlashDance (1828 posts) -

Enslaved had a pretty divisive ending but the rest of it was still pretty good. Not that it's any excuse, but I'm still curious to see this game for myself.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Transitional said:

@mordukai said:

Consider that was the whole reason why NT was signed on to make the reboot, it's a fair assumption to judge the story a bit more harshly than past DMC games, because the combat certainly isnt up to snuff from the past iterations.

Have you played it?

#9 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Transitional said:

@mordukai said:

Have you played it?

His uncle works for Nintendo. He gets all the Nintendo tapes early.

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -
#11 Posted by HellBound (1169 posts) -

The demo was good except for the platforming stuff. That was just clunky and unneeded. Also, I just don't like the model. Just give me an original Dante skin.

#12 Posted by HellBound (1169 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Wait, people expected a good ending for this game after Ninja Theory gave us a bullshit ending with Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?

I don't know what you are talking about. That ending was incredible and I cried.

#13 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

In this thread - trusting people who sign up for a Giant Bomb account to make 1 thread, and then 1 reply.

#14 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

Whoa! Watch out when you hit play! I damn near cut myself on all of that edge.

#15 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (942 posts) -

@KevinK said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Transitional said:

@mordukai said:

Have you played it?

The demo is out and free. Literally anyone with a PS3 or Xbox 360 can play it, so the "have you played it?" defense doesn't work at all.

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

@KevinK said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Transitional said:

@mordukai said:

Have you played it?

The demo is out and free. Literally anyone with a PS3 or Xbox 360 can play it, so the "have you played it?" defense doesn't work at all.

It wasn't a defense. It was a literal question.

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4643 posts) -

@HellBound said:

@Phatmac said:

Wait, people expected a good ending for this game after Ninja Theory gave us a bullshit ending with Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?

I don't know what you are talking about. That ending was incredible and I cried.

I cried too...mostly because I was so upset at how bad the ending was, but I still cried. lol, I kid I kid.

But seriously, I didn't like the ending.

#18 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

@HellBound said:

@Phatmac said:

I cried too...mostly because I was so upset at how bad the ending was, but I still cried. lol, I kid I kid.

But seriously, I didn't like the ending.

I liked some parts of Enslaved, mainly the visuals, but there were definitely hints at that bad ending scattered throughout the cut-scenes in the game. Although, the randomness of those cheesy FMV clips certainly could have just been thrown in for giggles too. Either way, bad.

There were definitely things about Enslaved that I liked and appreciated, but as a game it left a lot to be desired. I can see the same thing happening with DmC.

#19 Posted by Dixego (386 posts) -

What the fuck

#20 Edited by cmblasko (1283 posts) -

Hash tag Demons, man. Those guys know how to do some social media!

#21 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

That's incredibly dumb, the "YO THE INTERNET BE CRAZY, EVERYONE'S CONNECTED AND WE CAN ALL COME TOGETHER THROUGH HASHTAGS AND LOW QUALITY YOUTUBE VIDEOS/IPHONE PHOTOS" angle has been done to fucking death, please stop.

#22 Posted by SagaciousJones (142 posts) -

Isn't that just the ending of They Live but with Twitter?

When the person recording the video said "So Edgy!", I seriously thought that came from the game, spoken by the sidekick lady.

#23 Posted by Worcanna (90 posts) -

I think they misunderstood the idea of DMC. "Stupid, barely serious plotline involving demons and humans in a fight that never really goes anywhere but always involves sparta in someway" doesn't reboot to this. It feels...stupid. This isn't the ending ive seen though, it goes past this i think. A "True ending" thing.

#24 Edited by Itwastuesday (975 posts) -

#DEMONS #SWAG #TEAMFOLLOWBACK #BELIEBERS #REPLACEAMOVIEWITHDEMONS

#25 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Worcanna said:

I think they misunderstood the idea of DMC. "Stupid, barely serious plotline involving demons and humans in a fight that never really goes anywhere but always involves sparta in someway" doesn't reboot to this. It feels...stupid. This isn't the ending ive seen though, it goes past this i think. A "True ending" thing.

Yeah, the OP mentioned that behind the spoiler tag.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@KittyVonDoom said:

To be fair, this is more Capcom's fault than Ninja Theory's.

#27 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

I've been defending Ninja Theory and this game a little when I see people overeating but dude that is fucking stupid.

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3554 posts) -

#OCCUPYHELL

#29 Edited by Brighty (251 posts) -
"pizzaroo1 20 hours ago
oh shit im literally about to get killed by demons better post this shit to twitter stat"

I lost it.

All the leaks have been fucking hilarious to watch come out, including the ones where Vergil talks about his cock. Jesus christ this game man. This game. I feel like its been played up and done to death at this point, but Jesus Christ the writing in this is god awful at times. I can't believe these guys have been praised for their writing in the past (I haven't played Enslaved/Heavenly Sword, although they come highly recommended from some people and not-so-highly recommended by others)

#demons

#30 Posted by BlastProcessing (922 posts) -

oh my god, that was the WORST.

Definitely skipping on this hunk-a-junk now.

#31 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

#no john, u r the demonz

#yolo

#32 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

@HellBound said:

@Phatmac said:

I didn't cry but that was a good ending.

#33 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

I'm not going to watch the scene because I want to see it all when I reach there myself in the game, but that sounds pretty goddamn ridiculous.

#34 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@KittyVonDoom said:

To be fair, this is more Capcom's fault than Ninja Theory's.

No, Ninja Theory is definitely at fault for the Twitter stupidity.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel:

The hell are you talking about? I was saying that Capcom's behind Dante's radical new design. (I mean radical as in "radically different", but since we're talking about Devil May Cry here, the "totally radical" meaning could apply equally well.)

#36 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel:

The hell are you talking about? I was saying that Capcom's behind Dante's radical new design. (I mean radical as in "radically different", but since we're talking about Devil May Cry here, the "totally radical" meaning could apply equally well.)

This thread isn't about Dante's redesign.

#37 Posted by Brighty (251 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel:

This has nothing to do with Dante's redesign. This is about the laughable attempt at writing a dark and edgy story Ninja Theory has made.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel: @Brighty:

I know, but the post I was replying to was.

#39 Edited by Encephalon (1286 posts) -

I dunno about using social media as a shorthand for widespread social movements. Like in Black Ops 2, it just seems sorta tacky here.

Also, DMC was always dumb, so that it continues to be dumb does not really affect me.

#40 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel: @Brighty:

I know, but the post I was replying to was.

No it wasn't. It was making fun of the head of Ninja Theory inserting himself in the game.

#41 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel:

Seriously? Christ. What does that say about Dante's new design that I didn't question that being Dante?

#42 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: It says something more about your inability to grasp the context of the discussion unless someone hits you over the head with it.

#43 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

@Hailinel: Go away.

#44 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Hailinel:

:|

#45 Edited by Brighty (251 posts) -

Enough, stop derailing the thread. Don't make me post the grimdark edgy angsty scene where

Vorgil shoots a pregnant woman in the womb, watches her cry as she grabs her bloody stomach and shouts out in misery, and then shoots her in the head all for the sake of being 2edgy4you
#46 Posted by Solh0und (1799 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

I'm not going to watch the scene because I want to see it all when I reach there myself in the game, but that sounds pretty goddamn ridiculous.

#47 Posted by Onkel_Apan (56 posts) -

@Encephalon said:

Also, DMC was always dumb, so that it continues to be dumb does not really affect me.

yeah, the story in DMC has always been stupid, but when Tameem comes out and says this: ”If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer.” Then we get this, i feel i have the right to complain.

#48 Edited by Crysack (327 posts) -

@Brighty said:

"pizzaroo1 20 hours ago
oh shit im literally about to get killed by demons better post this shit to twitter stat"

I lost it.

All the leaks have been fucking hilarious to watch come out, including the ones where Vergil talks about his cock. Jesus christ this game man. This game. I feel like its been played up and done to death at this point, but Jesus Christ the writing in this is god awful at times. I can't believe these guys have been praised for their writing in the past (I haven't played Enslaved/Heavenly Sword, although they come highly recommended from some people and not-so-highly recommended by others)

#demons

As far as I am aware, Ninja Theory have never actually written their own stuff prior to this. Both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were penned by external writers and the latter game was a so-called 're-imagining' of 西游记 anyway. There is no evidence to suggest that NT contains even a single competent in-house writer.

Also, in response to the whole 'DMC was always dumb' argument - well yeah, we all know that already. Just like RE, though, it was dumb in a B-movie sort of way, so it was enjoyable. Plus, the story was never the most important part of DMC, it was always the tough-as-nails hack n' slash gameplay with tons of weapons and styles and the ability to create your own combos on the fly. The new DMC, as expected given NT's previous efforts, offers none of the depth of the previous two iterations in the series.

#49 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@narujoe93 said:

@LiquidPrince: I played the demo, and the combat is WEIRD! You have to hold r2 or l2 to use other weapons besides the sword. It's such a stupid system. And there isn't enough combos.

So it plays like Heavenly Sword.

#50 Posted by IBurningStar (2189 posts) -

I'm glad FUCK YOU lived up to its reputation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.