DmC PC Screenshot Thread

• 90 results
#51 Edited by zenmastah (920 posts) -
#52 Posted by JeanLuc (3587 posts) -

Having rented and played the game on Xbox 360 and now owning the PC version I can say without a doubt the PC is the way to go with this one. The 360 version had the occasionally dip in frames for me and the load time were horribly slow. On the PC I got everything on max settings with HD textures on and everything runs super smooth with fast load times. Its kind of hard to show in screenshots really, you need to see it running.

#53 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

@zenmastah: How did you add MSAA?

#54 Posted by zenmastah (920 posts) -

Nvidia Inspector

#55 Edited by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

@Counterclockwork87 said:

@Farley_Lives said:

@jakob187 said:

@Farley_Lives said:

Getting the DMC pack on steam for $60 has been well worth it.

-Devil may Cry 3: bad port, good game after some work.

-Devil may Cry 4: Akward, but lovable.

-The "new" DMC... *drools* ...so good...

Having a blast with all of them.

Did NOT know about that pack. Dammit. Really wish I had $60 right now.

Hopefully the pack will still be available for a little while. I wouldn't mind digging into DMC3 again, even though the "bad port" part is saddening.

The Controls for PC DMC3 are terri-bad if you want to use a 360 controller; pretty much unplayable. But you can fix it with joytokey, I can post a full tutorial if anyone needs.

Could you do that?

Done. http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/use-a-xbox-360-controller-on-pc-properly-with-joytokey/2472/

#56 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@Korwin said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Fuck, I'm gonna have to rebuy this on Steam when it hits around $15.

I just bought it today for $25.

Where, might I ask?

http://www.g2play.net/store/DmC-Devil-May-Cry-RU-Multilanguage-Region-Free-Steam-Key.html

I go there for most things when I'm looking to buy on the cheap, they do Origin codes to.

#57 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

I would watch a short quick look of the PC version just to compare them.

#58 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Will look better but it wouldn't do it full justice, not unless they put out a 1080p 60fps copy :)

#59 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

@Korwin said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Will look better but it wouldn't do it full justice, not unless they put out a 1080p 60fps copy :)

Exactly, none of these screenshots and a 720p video would do it justice unless you can see all of that running at 60 frames. Maybe they could do it because I remember some past videos being in 60.

#60 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@Pr1mus said:

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Seriously, that's so lame.

It's less lame in context, to be honest.

#61 Edited by granderojo (1789 posts) -

I'm taking my time with this game, but already this game is shaping up to one of my most memorable experiences this gen. I love this games entire aesthetic, even if I loathe it's tone, it commits to it so hard. It's so grody in an endearing way.

#63 Edited by Paindamnation (805 posts) -
I got stuck with WHITE hair, after finishing off an opponent with Devil Trigger.
Now after previous "Glitch" I am forever stuck in Devil Trigger. Should I be mad?
#64 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

@Paindamnation: Weird, but that sounds kinda awesome.

#65 Posted by Pr1mus (3936 posts) -

Someone already posted one like this but it's too great not to put another.

#66 Posted by zenmastah (920 posts) -

Downsampled from 3200x1800 to 1920x1080 with 8xQMSAA and 16xHQAF

#67 Posted by Quarters (1721 posts) -

Hot dang. Game's absolutely gorgeous on PC. Too bad I don't have the juice to run it. :(

#68 Posted by zenmastah (920 posts) -

Steam Beta now offers uncompressed screen captures! Hooray!

#69 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

running the game at 2560x1440

#70 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -
@Quarters

Hot dang. Game's absolutely gorgeous on PC. Too bad I don't have the juice to run it. :(

It's not that demanding, even modest laptops with decent discrete GPUs could run the game well
#71 Edited by granderojo (1789 posts) -
#72 Posted by bkbroiler (1630 posts) -

@thabigred: Might want to mark that with spoilers, it's a pretty surprising part.

#73 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

@bkbroiler said:

@thabigred: Might want to mark that with spoilers, it's a pretty surprising part.

Yeah.

#74 Posted by Pr1mus (3936 posts) -

@thabigred: That fight is brilliant. Mechanically it's as standard as it gets for a boss fight but the presentation is amazing.

#75 Posted by bkbroiler (1630 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

@thabigred: That fight is brilliant. Mechanically it's as standard as it gets for a boss fight but the presentation is amazing.

Agreed. That whole section blew my mind. And I have played through Saints Row. DmC blew it out of the water.

#76 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -
*Cue the Aliens*

I don't have anything better that what's already been shown, since I'm only on the second mission, but I thought that pose was so cool. Kinda made me wish I didn't have the subtitles enabled just to get a clean screen cap.

#77 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

@Fistfulofmetal said:

running the game at 2560x1440

Holy shit, Ninja Theory made sense of the leather nipple strap. It's part of the holster for his guns, passing through the collar of the coat. After seven years, the mystery is solved.

#78 Posted by granderojo (1789 posts) -

@bkbroiler: Alright I fixed it.

#79 Posted by granderojo (1789 posts) -

@Pr1mus: @bkbroiler: Aside from just the fucking look of it being so great, I love how they do the omnipresent stuff with it.

#80 Posted by TheHT (11385 posts) -

@zenmastah said:

wallpaper get

#81 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

Damn, there are a lot of great shots of the game in this thread, probably cuz of how scalable this game is. Great job, guys.

#82 Edited by Pr1mus (3936 posts) -

The more i play the more i like new Dante, he's just great.

I just love his smirk.

#83 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -

For anyone interested the game is available for $25 on Direct2Play.

#84 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: That information would be better passed along in a new thread.

#85 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

Holy shit, Ninja Theory made sense of the leather nipple strap. It's part of the holster for his guns, passing through the collar of the coat. After seven years, the mystery is solved.

Nah. They're like that in DMC3 as well. You just can't really tell because it was low-res. Ninja Theory isn't getting credit for this one.

#86 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

@Fistfulofmetal said:

@punkxblaze said:

Nah. They're like that in DMC3 as well. You just can't really tell because it was low-res. Ninja Theory isn't getting credit for this one.

Ah well, either way now the DMC3 costume looks less dumb in my eyes. I mean, I always liked the DMC3 Dante design, but the chest strap always seemed super weird. Surprised I hadn't figured it out before.

#87 Posted by granderojo (1789 posts) -

This fucking game is totally 2013's Saints Row.

#88 Edited by zenmastah (920 posts) -
#89 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

@Pr1mus: Same and I only just killed the Succubus.

#90 Posted by DevilMayCare (1 posts) -

Hello all! Loving the quality of the screenshots here and have thus signed up to kindly request a few. I'm primarily looking for screens of the characters Lillith and Phineas. I plan on illustrating them for some promotional material and am currently not in possession of a powerful PC as I'm studying away from home. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#91 Posted by doe3879 (801 posts) -

Can I set Steam to auto take random screenshots?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.