E3 2011: Devil May Cry Trailer

• 144 results
#101 Posted by Luck3ySe7en (240 posts) -

Dante looks like he belongs on a soccer field...

#102 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

ehh

#103 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

THEIR WORLD IS A LIE

Don't believe the crap you're fed on a daily basis.

#104 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

That art style...that music.......the character design....oh jesus.......oh fuck. 
The late 90's are back.

#105 Posted by Stubert73 (83 posts) -

I'll be honest: I'm a sucker for aerial combos. I'm not familiar at all with previous DMCs, so they can do whatever they want to the character and it will make no difference to me.

#106 Posted by Cessate (16 posts) -

This series was in no need of a reboot, and I still can't get into the new look of Dante. He reminds me of same chav punk, not a demon hunter for hire.

#107 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

There is a fluidity and speed that the good DMC games have that this game still lacks. Bayonetta perfected that formula. All I've seen of this game just makes me wish there would be a Bayonetta 2.

#108 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Terrible hair aside, I'm looking forward to this. Hope it's like 3 and not 4.

#109 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

If the gameplay is good, I'm in. I ain't gonna be tied down by character design.

#110 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3302 posts) -

THE Devil May Cry

#111 Posted by The_Bad_Doctor (10 posts) -

The combat looks good, Dante does not, he looks like someone trying to be cool.

#112 Posted by SARRISS (146 posts) -

his hair is way too weird but did anyone notice when it went back to white. Perhaps dante is having a crisis of identity where his devil side and human side are still separated, I could see the game ending with dante accepting the devil in him and the hair going back to white. a leap perhaps but well within canon limits.

#113 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -

Glitch Mob....character design slightly forgiven :) 

#114 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3302 posts) -
@s0mah said:

im diggin the new look. sucks they didnt permanently retire the white hair gay boy anime style.

Mature adjective use there, bro.
#115 Posted by betterboulder (190 posts) -

Looks pretty good. I like the aesthetic. Still need to see more.

#116 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1877 posts) -

Looks more interesting than other DMC games, but still not sold

#117 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -
@Kinggi said:

Everything about that trailer looked wonderful except for the horrid lead character design. Change that shit.

Honestly, I just hate his weird haircut. Not even that it's black, just the cut.
#118 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

@Beforet said:

"Work in progress gameplay"

That just breathes confidence.

Capcom says that ahead of all there pre-release stuff.

#119 Posted by dudeglove (7851 posts) -

Neeeeatarific.

#120 Posted by Nightfang (380 posts) -

I like the choice in music and the gameplay looks good also, but you fanboys stop bitching about Dante's new look already and get over!?

#121 Posted by InfernoChaos (34 posts) -
@Lazyaza said:
Feel sorry for Ninja Theory, even when this game releases they'll get no end of bitching and moaning from the hardcore fans.  I really liked Heavenly Sword and Enslaved was one of 2010s best games so I have faith they can make a fun character action title regardless of how I feel about the look of the protagonist.  I hated Bayonetta's design but god damn did I play the fuck out of that game.
I think the real problem that fans here have is that they simply slapped the DMC name on the title so it could sell more and let Ninja Theory do whatever they want with the game, completely ignoring what DMC what it was.

If this was a new IP made by Ninja Theory then everybody would be all over it, but now that its behind a name there's certain expectations now by its fans, but Capcom and NInja Theory don't see to care and just wants to reboot the series so that a wider audience can play and enjoy it, which is fine but during that process they are alienating a large amount of the series original fanbase.
#122 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

@InfernoChaos said:

I think the real problem that fans here have is that they simply slapped the DMC name on the title so it could sell more and let Ninja Theory do whatever they want with the game, completely ignoring what DMC what it was.

Hey! I don't think that's true at all!

#123 Posted by CallMeRotten (229 posts) -

The character design is pretty piss poor in comparison to previous DMC games. I'll pass on this one.

#124 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

Looks pretty bad and lackbuster... 
Aww... :/

#125 Posted by geirr (2574 posts) -

Their trusth is a lie, but don't you dare wreck their benches in church!

I kinda wanna play this, never got into original DMC since Dante looked .. well, typical,

but I liked what was going on around him.

I don't mind this little dude version of Dante though so maybe I can do it!

#126 Posted by Chontamenti (153 posts) -

still disappointing!

#127 Edited by Seroth (719 posts) -

Can't wait to buy a better haircut for Dante as DLC... then again, still waiting for the DLC that'll get rid of Spencer's dreadlocks in MvC3.

#128 Edited by InertiaticESP (61 posts) -

Wow, those graphics just looked awful. That Dante model looked like crap. I don't mind the new character design but seriously, that just looks shitty, especially for Unreal.  

DMC4 looked better than this, and Bayonetta blew DMC out the water. I also agree that by the end of the game Dante's hair will be white. Who cares. I'd care more about the fact that he has these weird blotches all over his face... 

Plus these environments look like DMC2 levels. Lots of open space = no variety in gameplay. Ninja Idiots.

#129 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Yep, Devil May Cry. Moving on.

#130 Posted by colinjw (220 posts) -

All I can see is the same game with all the insanely over the top style that DMC was fun for taken out.  
I was kind of going with them when the first teaser was released but this may have made me lose all interest. 

#131 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

This is why I hate reading comments for anything, because people are just stupid. People just look for shit to complain about and just completely ignore certain aspects so they can have their argument.

'Graphics look awful'. 

How big does the work in progress text have to be before you get that it's a work in progress?

#132 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

Am I just really jaded, or does this look like a PS2 game?

#133 Posted by evilCON (34 posts) -

What the hell? Did his hair turned white during the fight? Why, god, why? Is he living in Alice in Wonderland universe now?  I'm starting to feel confused. Everything else, a big "meh". 

The music for the trailer was decent, but that doesn't bring much to the table.

#134 Posted by Semantix (27 posts) -

I really liked the trailer. The 'They Live' style wall messages allude to what could be a very interesting plot. The grubby design really suits the new approach too. Combat looks very similar to the old style, but I don't think we saw enough to make an actual opinion on that yet, I think those saying otherwise are jumping to conclusions or hating because its not the game that  they wanted. Regardless, I look forward to hearing more in the coming months.

#135 Posted by Hailinel (24807 posts) -

@evilCON said:

What the hell? Did his hair turned white during the fight? Why, god, why? Is he living in Alice in Wonderland universe now? I'm starting to feel confused. Everything else, a big "meh". The music for the trailer was decent, but that doesn't bring much to the table.

I believe that would be his Devil Trigger form.

Kazuma Kaneko, save us!

#136 Posted by s0mah (107 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@evilCON said:

What the hell? Did his hair turned white during the fight? Why, god, why? Is he living in Alice in Wonderland universe now? I'm starting to feel confused. Everything else, a big "meh". The music for the trailer was decent, but that doesn't bring much to the table.

Kazuma Kaneko, save us!

Nah, this is the new look for his dark soul filling you up with light.

#137 Posted by Arx724 (208 posts) -

Still not buying this until I've at least tried it.

I really didn't like the combat in Ninja Theory's previous titles, so odds are that this won't feel all too good either.

#138 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@s0mah said:

@Hailinel said:

@evilCON said:

Kazuma Kaneko, save us!

Nah, this is the new look for his dark soul filling you up with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

Fixed

#139 Posted by MeatSim (10855 posts) -

He should stop temporally dying his hair white.

#140 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I really like that music.  Is that from some band or is it just something they made?  If it is a band - someone please let me know who!

#141 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I don't know about you guys, but I think the game looks pretty damned good.

#142 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:
I don't know about you guys, but I think the game looks pretty damned good.
pretty much this.
#143 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

Will we never know what happened to Dante after DMC 2 when he drove a motorcycle into hell?

#144 Posted by dantekusanagi117 (3 posts) -

Drop the act,& be the real Dante.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.