Final Boss Glitch - infinite health

#1 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

So the final boss falls down to his last bar of health and then instantly regenerates everything and can't take any more damage... This has happened twice, with me restarting the level.

I can't beat him and this is the only glitch I've had all game but it seems pretty damned serious. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 Posted by Epidehl (291 posts) -

You have to go into Devil Trigger to get the final hit. It's stupid, but it's not broken.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Yep use devil trigger.

#4 Posted by Xanadu (347 posts) -

He also has to be kneeling with his clone out when you use devil trigger, then hit him once with rebellion

#5 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

@Epidehl said:

You have to go into Devil Trigger to get the final hit. It's stupid, but it's not broken.

@Xanadu said:

He also has to be kneeling with his clone out when you use devil trigger, then hit him once with rebellion

Yeah, did this by accident.

Well that was terribly sign-posted. He'd usually get up just as I killed his clone and then block everything. Spoiled an otherwise cool fight and a good nod back towards DMC3.

#6 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

What, you guys did not ''get'' you had to go devil trigger, since Vergil is using his own DT during that last part of the fight? You even go to the extent of calling this ''stupid''? And you didn't get it? Man, pay a snippet of attention or something.

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8235 posts) -

Yeah, I thought it was pretty straightforward what you had to do after the first failure. It's like, "OK, I beat his clone and he just got back up and regened his health, so clearly I didn't do what I was supposed to do (and I literally tried every weapon/attack the first time he was down) so what else is there? Oh right, DT." Then I did it, and really, DT into Stinger was the ONLY way that fight could end. It just felt so right.

#8 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

the fact that hitting Virgil's clone gives you more blue orbs than I'd seen all game was a pretty big hint for me.

editL Vergil! I mean Vergil! dammit, i've lost all credibility...

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Klei

What, you guys did not ''get'' you had to go devil trigger, since Vergil is using his own DT during that last part of the fight? You even go to the extent of calling this ''stupid''? And you didn't get it? Man, pay a snippet of attention or something.

Surprising, I know, but you can miss obvious stuff sometimes in games. It happens to everyone and being an asshole to the people that it does happen to does no one any good. It's LITERALLY a useless response. Well done. You're criticizing people for asking for help on a video game forum, one of the forums primary reasons for existing.
#10 Posted by Quipido (636 posts) -

I got it when during the fight there were purple orbs popping out... it was clear that was not for no reason. But I can totally see how one cold get confused, so I wouldn't bash on the OP. No need to be jerk about it...

#11 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

I actually had this happen the first time I fought him - I knew you had to use DT to kill him but I managed to kill him with the exploding needle shots while he was kneeling - it rolled his health back to full and he was invulnerable for as long as I cared to keep trying. Once I restarted I just made sure to use DT to deal the killing blow and it worked fine. 

#12 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

When I done this fight, Devil Trigger didn't finish it. When I activated Devil Trigger the clone continued to block all of my attcks for some reason. When this didn't work I assumed I had to max out the Devil Trigger meter and then attack. The thought process being that a full Devil Trigger combined with the emotion that Dante was feeling at the time, would complete the transformation and he would have fully unlocked his Devil Trigger abilities along with the hair colour change. It worked that time, which made the post fight cut scene mean more to me in an odd way.

In hindsight I know that it was just a coincidence, but part of me prefers the story that I made up behind the partial DT not working.

#13 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@Klei said:

That's not very nice, we can't all be as clever as you obviously but there's no need to have a go at people.

#14 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to offend any of you, nor to show any aggressiveness. I just told people to pay a snippet of attention. I didn't call them morons or anything.

#15 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty straightforward what you had to do after the first failure. It's like, "OK, I beat his clone and he just got back up and regened his health, so clearly I didn't do what I was supposed to do (and I literally tried every weapon/attack the first time he was down) so what else is there? Oh right, DT." Then I did it, and really, DT into Stinger was the ONLY way that fight could end. It just felt so right.

The thing is, after he gets up, his health bar stops being chipped away. At least the HUD shows nothing. It remains full even when you do damage, at least it did for me.

It's an instant switch from no health to full and then I no longer seemed to be damaging him. After hitting him for a while then he went back to his pre-resuscitation health levels. Again, instantly, with no gradual drop.

That's poor sign posting which made me think the game was just broken.

#16 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

It definitely could have been communicated better. Even if it were just your DT bar flashing or something.

#17 Edited by Vanek (383 posts) -

It happened to me and really brought down what I thought was a great fight. I actually used Devil Trigger the first time the clone appeared, but he was in the air so it didn't stop him, and he continued to shield Virgil.

I then started to try everything else I could think of but eventually looked it up online when I got frustrated. I was so annoyed at myself when I looked up what needed to be done to beat him.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

This happened to me the first time and I also thought it was some sort of glitch at first, the first time I didn't even see Vergil's kneeling statue, just his clone at that point. It took me a while to see that his clone was releasing purple skulls as well. The whole thing ticked me off because I had to resort to using a healing item and the fight had been pretty even before that part so it kinda killed the momentum.

Eventually being able to put DT releasing clone + unkillable regenerating statue together I figured it out.

#19 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

Lol'd hard at topic title, I had the exact same problem man, glad to see i'm not the only moron who spent ten minutes letting him heal like 3 times XD

#20 Posted by Aronleon (768 posts) -

I feel its silly that the game forces you to do this in order to finish the final fight, it breaks the flow of the battle and you end up feeling silly, if you really want to show a "cool" moment don't put it as a requirement just show it off in a cut scene and be done with it

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@Aronleon: I don't see how it really breaks "the flow" of the fight as its the end of the fight. The first time he takes a knee all you gotta do is pop the DT and game over man.

#22 Posted by Aronleon (768 posts) -

@Demoskinos: When you have no idea that's what you are suppose to do and Virgil continues to get up over and over it does, its not game breaking in anyway but its a little annoying.

#23 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Yeah, this took a while for me until the purple orb thing finally clicked in my head. It was a cool way to end the game, but it could've been a tiny bit clearer.

#24 Posted by dudeglove (7841 posts) -

At least it's not a fucking quick time event.

#25 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

i tried three times. on the second try i figured i had to use DT but it didn't work. it just bounced off so i didn't both. maybe i missed or hit the clone? LAME.

#26 Posted by vikingdeath1 (968 posts) -

I had to look up how to beat him, cause I thought I had to kill the clone first Then go for the main guy.

I had used Devil Trigger maybe twice that whole game so it hadn't occurred to me to try that at the end.

#27 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

Took me like 5 tries till I understood I had to kill in devil trigger mode.

#28 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

LOL at this thread

Also people complaining wtf?

#29 Posted by PolygonSlayer (426 posts) -

It took me a couple of minutes to realise it, but then it was pretty obvious that you had to use DT. Especially with the amount of blue orbs you keep getting, I thought it was quite smart that they expected me to figure it out rather than have for example have Kat pop her head in and tell me what to do. That would have been stupid.

#30 Posted by Humanity (9220 posts) -

I restarted the fight several times because the first time I was playing I used my Devil Trigger and it didn't work. I don't know why but he didn't fly up just kept attacking me and that made me think Devil Trigger wasn't the solution - which kinda ended up ruining the fight but on the other hand I did get really good at beating him.

#31 Posted by Luca717 (106 posts) -

yea i did not like how they wanted you to finish the final battle. i spent so much time trying to juggle him in the air and everything and he always got away and healed lol, i had to look it up and you have to devil trigger at the end. probably the stupidest thing in the game that it forces you to use it, but the game was still a lot of fun regardless.

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15947 posts) -

Spoilers: The boss in question has his own "trigger" defending him which should be a clue that you need to use your devil trigger. It took me like two seconds to realize what was happening.

#33 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

This is indeed broken. I know you have to use the Devil Trigger, but if you end up killing him without it, then he restores his health and goes god mode. That should not happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.