Get This For $20

• 60 results
#1 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

Direct2Playhas it for $20. I payed $32 on GMG for the preorder and don't regret paying for it at that price which is crazy because I normally tend to dislike character action games, this is the first one that I really liked playing for the gameplay instead of just for everything else.

EDIT: Sale is apparently still up, get in while you can.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15119 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Huh, nice deal. Had I just not thrown $60 at Ni No Kuni I might have double dipped on this.

#3 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3712 posts) -

Wow that is a freakin awesome deal!

@Demoskinos: Yeah same boat, a new years resolution for me is to finish one game before jumping on another. Gotta beat the games on my backlog first.

#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@Demoskinos: There's always debt.

@I_Stay_Puft: I told myself that too but my irrationality got the better of me, at least I'm playing through DmC to the finish though.

#5 Posted by TheHT (11689 posts) -

that's a sweet deal, but i've never heard about this direct2play site, and i'm not looking to get overly confortable giving out my credit card. but goddamn, 20 bucks is a real good deal.

#6 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@TheHT: I didn't personally buy from the site but I know people who have and they never had any problems. The only thing sketchy that I saw on there was that they were selling Bioshock Infinite for $32 but it was for a retail CD key and you need to procure a copy of the DVD or get installation files through torrents.

#7 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3974 posts) -

Hot damn.

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@TheHT: I didn't personally buy from the site but I know people who have and they never had any problems. The only thing sketchy that I saw on there was that they were selling Bioshock Infinite for $32 but it was for a retail CD key and you need to procure a copy of the DVD or through torrents.

Well that sounds sketchy as fuck.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15119 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: That uh... sounds real sketchy....

#9 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: @Demoskinos: Yeah no kidding, buying steam keys is a lot safer. Like I said before though I haven't heard anyone have serious issues with the place but it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on the card statement to ease any worries.

#10 Posted by dixon123 (2 posts) -

thanks i save a lot on this, good deal.

#11 Posted by ThunderSlash (1911 posts) -

I'm always aware of these keys sites. Sending you a scan of the game's manual with the key on it always seems shady as all hell. Plus, I'm pretty sure most of these are Russian keys, which means that they might not activate on my US IP.

#12 Posted by Nettacki (1319 posts) -

Still not cheap enough, to be honest. Maybe $5 is ok.

#13 Posted by Soap (3631 posts) -

Has anyone taken a risk on this yet? Sounds to good to be true to me. :/

#14 Posted by kishinfoulux (2475 posts) -

@Soap said:

I've bought from them several times. Never any issues. DMC included.

#15 Posted by kishinfoulux (2475 posts) -

@ThunderSlash said:

I'm always aware of these keys sites. Sending you a scan of the game's manual with the key on it always seems shady as all hell. Plus, I'm pretty sure most of these are Russian keys, which means that they might not activate on my US IP.

They have region free keys.

#16 Posted by bassman2112 (850 posts) -

Purchased from the site, can confirm that it is legitimate =)

Also, DmC is fantastic!!

#17 Posted by Lukeweizer (2753 posts) -

This is really tempting... but this game just isn't grabbing my attention. The gameplay in those style of games has never really held my interest.

#18 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

I don't know man....

#19 Posted by rentfn (1285 posts) -

I don't know the Infomration makes since. ;)

#20 Posted by dixon123 (2 posts) -

@Soap:

yeah i purchase from them and i am playing my game in steam now and in germany :)

#21 Posted by chilibean_3 (1680 posts) -

Ok. That pretty much hit my buy price for my interest in that game. I've never cared about the DMC games and I might not find myself in love with this game but the slick presentation really grabbed my attention. I'll play through it for that.

#22 Edited by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

Wow, that Bioshock retail key deal is sketchy as fuck. "Download No Provide:  You will receive a brand new Retail product code by email, this product key will work to activated within the game install unlocking all components and online gameplay. You must have DVD or the install files required for this product."  
I think I'll stick with the comfortable quasi-sketchiness of Green Man Gaming for that one. 
EDIT: Also, just realized that Infinite comes out the day after my spring break ends. Fuck.

#23 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@jozzy: So far I haven't heard any complaints, there are some sketchy other stuff that they are selling like I said about the Infinite stuff but at least getting a DmC steam key is more "legit"

@BaneFireLord said:

EDIT: Also, just realized that Infinite comes out the day after my spring break ends. Fuck.

Same here and same goes for GoW: Judgment which fucking sucks cuz it's going to take me a month now to finish instead of less than a week.

#24 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@Nettacki said:

Well that's stupid, unless you're really afraid of trying it then maybe but the game is well worth the price I paid and is a steal at $20.

#25 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Hmm, so that site is reliable then?

#26 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

@Soap said:

@jozzy said:

I don't know man....

I just did it. Paid with Paypal. Got my key instantly. Seems legit.

#27 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -

I feel like spending a bit more to protect my credit card is worth it...

Although it seems like people are having a fine time with it so don't listen to this guy.

#28 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

I feel like spending a bit more to protect my credit card is worth it... Although it seems like people are having a fine time with it so don't listen to this guy.

It's Paypal. Granted, Paypal is one of the most disgusting, horrible, and least trustworthy companies to ever grace this Earth. But I bet you already have your credit card info on Paypal.

#29 Posted by Nettacki (1319 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Nettacki said:

Well that's stupid, unless you're really afraid of trying it then maybe but the game is well worth the price I paid and is a steal at $20.

I bought DMC4 on Steam for $6.79 during the recent Christmas sale. If it seems likely that I'll get into the new DmC less than 4, then maybe it's a good thing for me to wait until it gets lower than that.

#30 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@Venatio: @Sackmanjones: There's always paypal.

#31 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -
@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Venatio: @Sackmanjones: There's always paypal.

Yeah I've used that with humble bundle buying so I guess it doesn't matter
#32 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Worked for me. Thanks!

#33 Posted by handlas (2722 posts) -

I bought a game from them a few years ago. Didn't have any issues. Haven't bought anything since tho.

#34 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai

@Sackmanjones said:

I feel like spending a bit more to protect my credit card is worth it... Although it seems like people are having a fine time with it so don't listen to this guy.

It's Paypal. Granted, Paypal is one of the most disgusting, horrible, and least trustworthy companies to ever grace this Earth. But I bet you already have your credit card info on Paypal.

I've never used Paypal and I probably never will. My good sir you have lost the bet, now send my winnings to me through PayPal...
#35 Posted by Nals (81 posts) -

@Venatio: Yes.

Direct2Play operates under the same branch as places like Intkeys. It's a reliable way to get Steam keys, as they buy them in bulk in nations like Poland/Russia ( where they are sold cheap to avoid piracy ), then resell them online.

In most cases they are just really business savvy Russian 20somethings, which is why the sites are often quite poorly designed.

The big issue is finding the trustworthy ones. There are quite a few out there that are outright scams, and you should obviously never enter your credit information into this, but thankfully almost all offer Paypal. The other issue is regional availability, many games can only be activated in specific reasons, but due to the response in this thread, it's safe to say DmC is not one of those games.

#36 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I just ordered from there and I haven't gotten my Steam code yet, it's pissing me off

I need to verify like a hundred things, how the fuck do I get my order?

EDIT: I finally found my Steam key, that site is a mess though

#37 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

Oh geez, the broken English descriptions of the games on Direct2Play are AMAZING.

#38 Posted by Yooont (2 posts) -

I can also confirms that this is legit. You need to give them your phone number and in order for them to verify your account they either call or text a 4 digit code. Once you do that though, you get your steam code. Got my code and the game is downloading now. The whole thing is shady as hell but it worked.

#39 Posted by Snail (8648 posts) -

This is ridiculous. The game just came out. That's like, less than 15€ for the best version of the game, as opposed to 60€ for the other ones.

Man, gotta love PC gaming.

#40 Edited by FaPaThY (139 posts) -

Bought this earlier and it was all done in a few minutes tops, from check-out to getting the key. Either they fixed their PayPal issue or I got lucky. The phone verification call was instant and the caller was a robit with audible, decent English, which is nice. Much better than the barely audible and/or understandable foreign people I remember dealing with in the past at these types of sites that needed phone verification. The key was shown right after I entered the PIN. Activates as "DmC Devil May Cry Retail" for those wondering.

#41 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I've used Direct2Drive, but I don't think I've heard of Direct2Play up until now. Before I even start making a purchase, I want to know of any past experiences any of you have had with them.

Edit: Disregard, URL Void is detecting some viruses from them.

http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/direct2play.com/

#42 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3974 posts) -

Hmm maybe I will check this out with Paypal.

#43 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

@BraveToaster: They don't even look like serious things, probably just because of ads and look through the comments in this thread. Nobody is having any issues. If you're paranoid or just want to play it safe then go paypal.

#44 Edited by FaPaThY (139 posts) -

@BraveToaster:

That scan on URL Void was 5 months old. I just rescanned it and while there's still 1 'virus' left(Hint: It's not a virus), it's nothing to be worried about. SURBL, from what I'm reading and if I understand correctly, just means the site is known to send unsolicited e-mails and is blacklisted on SURBL.org.

So at worst, you get a few more spam e-mails that you shouldn't even see if your e-mail has a spam filter, which should be nearly every e-mail service in existence. At best, they don't send spam e-mails anymore and D2P is just too lazy or doesn't care enough to manually request removal from that blacklist. Either way, I'd say it's worth the $30 off on a brand new game.

Also, when did you last use Direct2Drive.com? FYI, before I re-scanned it, AVGThreatLabs was listed as problem and that meant there were possibly actual viruses on that site at least 3 months ago. Definitely something worse than just spam.

#45 Posted by selbie (1962 posts) -

@FaPaThY said:

Bought this earlier and it was all done in a few minutes tops, from check-out to getting the key. Either they fixed their PayPal issue or I got lucky. The phone verification call was instant and the caller was a robit with audible, decent English, which is nice. Much better than the barely audible and/or understandable foreign people I remember dealing with in the past at these types of sites that needed phone verification. The key was shown right after I entered the PIN. Activates as "DmC Devil May Cry Retail" for those wondering.

I can confirm this. The only difference is that I used the TXT option instead of phone call.

#46 Posted by Tearhead (2200 posts) -

@Nettacki said:

Same here. Just don't have a big affinity for these types of games.

#47 Posted by Nettacki (1319 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

@Nettacki said:

Thing is, I like these types of games. Just not the type being provided here. Or rather, the way it's executed. I mean, I like the older DMCs and think this newer one may not be worth the full price.

#48 Posted by theuselessgod (320 posts) -

Deal is still live, for those wondering, and it worked fine with no hitches for me.

Might have to bookmark that site for the future...getting a new release game for $20 on PC? I love PC gaming.

#49 Posted by Neonie (438 posts) -

Games worth $60 though. I actually spent $50 for a copy for my self and my friend (steam gift). So i essentially gave them $100 for it and dont regret it even a little bit. Support the games you like yo.

#50 Posted by Humanity (9881 posts) -

@Nettacki said:

@Tearhead said:

@Nettacki said:

Thing is, I like these types of games. Just not the type being provided here. Or rather, the way it's executed. I mean, I like the older DMCs and think this newer one may not be worth the full price.

It's fully worth the $60 cover price. Saying it's worth MAYBE $5 is pretty ridiculous. You mean two years of development, amazing levels and a completely competent and enjoyable combat system is worth less than a Big Mac to you? Because you're hung up on differences between this and the previous titles? Get over it man and just enjoy the game. There aren't A LOT of beat 'em ups coming out these days, much less good ones. This is a good one so if you like the genre it's pretty silly to skip it because Dante isn't snarky enough or because you get an S ranking too easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.