Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Heavenly Sword 2?

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Elfen

I respect Ninja Theory's decision to do DMC, but I wants me some more Nariko.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

I can tell.

(I don't think that's happening)

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Too bad Sony doesn't want it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Well I guess you should have bought a few more thousands of copies when it came out.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By morningstar

No thanks, I'd rather take another enslaved.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gogosox82

I don't think it sold too well and Sony owns the ip i think so if they don't want a new game, then their probably isn't going to be a new game. Sucks b/c i liked the game. Wouldn't mind a new enslaved as well. That game is pretty awesome.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amir90

I thought this thread was going to be about how DmC feels like Heavenly Sword.
    Thanks for getting my hopes up! :(

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

@amir90 said:

I thought this thread was going to be about how DmC feels like Heavenly Sword.Thanks for getting my hopes up! :(

It does, the weapon modifiers switching between slow heavy weapons, red, and fast long range weapons, blue, and a normal mode that's in between, and enemies that require either blue or red weapons to do damage. It really does feel like it builds on Heavenly Sword more so than DMC.

When Heavenly Sword came out I liked the game, the story and the characters but the gameplay was lacking a bit, with everything they learned from making DmC, HS2 would be amazing.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By spankingaddict

Whatever ninja theory does , im on board!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

It's weird how Heavenly Sword was this decent game that ended up being a nonstarter because the sales just weren't there, yet Sony was so desperate for iconic characters in Sony Smash Bros. that they still put her in.

It just seems like a slap in the face, to include characters like Nariko and Parappa, when their series were shelved long ago.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bell_End

can't you just go and play heavenly sword again.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Am I the only one who remembers how Heavenly Sword ends? You ain't getting no more Nariko!

Edit: I am the only one. The CHOSEN one. Yes, better.

@Brodehouse said:

I figured Heavenly Sword was closer to the God of War style of character action than the more twitchy Devi May Cry style.

Very much so, duder. Some reviewers went as far as to describe Heavenly Sword as God of War without jumping; though I reckon that, at this point, they could do with Heavenly Sword what was previously done to Bayonetta and simply rework the gameplay mechanics to better appeal to new DmC fans. People who think fondly of Heavenly Sword first and foremost remember it's story and the ludicrously good performances; as well as much of the intuitive touches on gameplay, such as the after-touch on thrown objects. Nothing that seems mutually exclusive to either type of game. Hell; if anything, it's far closer to DmC than to GoW.

That said, I honestly don't want Ninja Theory to revisit a single one of their franchises other than DmC, and that's for the simple reason that all of their previous games have ended in a way that felt complete. There is no way to top the incredibly endings of either Enslaved or Heavenly Sword, and to attempt to tie said finalized story-arcs into a new product would be bastardizing the symbolism of each game's story. Let 'em make another DmC, the ending certainly builds up to a sequal (one which arguably already has been made..), or just another IP that allows 'em to go nuts with creative new ways of fucking with our emotions as they are wont to do.

Edit edit: Also get them to hire Andi Serkis again; why the FUCK ( FUCK YOU! ) was he missing from DmC? I want someone to be held responsible for that. Someone other than Andi Serkis, that is. Maybe the making of The Hobbit..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I figured Heavenly Sword was closer to the God of War style of character action than the more twitchy Devi May Cry style.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By jacksukeru

I don't recall seeing any mention of ressurection being possible in the Heavenly Sword universe.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By nrain

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

It does, the weapon modifiers switching between slow heavy weapons, red, and fast long range weapons, blue, and a normal mode that's in between, and enemies that require either blue or red weapons to do damage. It really does feel like it builds on Heavenly Sword more so than DMC.

As I was playing the game this is all I could think of, it felt like a way better Heavenly Sword mechanically, with the stylings of DMC, and given a modern coat of very inventive paint.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Morningstar said:

No thanks, I'd rather take another enslaved.

I thought the story to Enslaved was pretty much complete? I don't know what else they could do with the world, even if I'd like to see it.

Man, that was a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.