How's the pc version?

• 67 results
#51 Posted by Tennmuerti (7726 posts) -

Fun-fucking-tastic!

#52 Posted by Guac (3 posts) -

Got past the soda factory just now and so far the game looks great, plays great and I'm loving the dialogue. I haven't checked my frame rate but it looks smooth except for some tearing in the early cutscenes.

#53 Posted by Vod_Crack (671 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@Vod_Crack said:

Has anyone tried playing this with an older card? I was wondering how a 5770 would fare.

Just from looking at the Tom's Hardware stuff, it would still play better than consoles for sure. Over 60.

Sounds good and I won't be playing at 1080p anyway so it should be fine.

#54 Posted by Robo (749 posts) -

Q6600, 5870, 4GB DDR2 and this game still flies maxed out at 1900x1200, aside from the aforementioned screen tearing in some cutscenes. I may try forcing vsync in CCC.

The soundtrack and effects are awesome, the limbo environments and their formation/deformation are outstanding, the visuals as a whole are among the best I've seen in this type of game, the gameplay is tight (although I feel like the camera and targeting could be better, as usual), story is pretty good so far and the dialogue and mocap add to that considerably.

People can whine about this being a reboot and disrespectful to the original DMC games or whatever, but I've played them all (to varying degrees) and this one stands out. It is pretty damned good.

#55 Posted by JoeyRavn (4889 posts) -

@Guac said:

Got past the soda factory just now and so far the game looks great, plays great and I'm loving the dialogue. I haven't checked my frame rate but it looks smooth except for some tearing in the early cutscenes.

Disable in-game VSync, force it through your GPU's Control Panel.

#56 Posted by dudeglove (7275 posts) -

it's fucking gorgeous.

#57 Posted by Zurv (415 posts) -

here is some poorly played pc action (yeah, I suck :) )

it is about the first 40min

#58 Posted by Platina32 (31 posts) -

Running it on ultra settings with a HD4890, resolution 1440x900. Smooth as silk.

#59 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

The opening level is too red, made me think something was wrong with my monitor.

#60 Posted by Sackmanjones (4610 posts) -

So I went ahead and got it on pc. Man it looks excellent and runs perfect too. Really love the art design. I was a big fan of the older games and I personally think it's cool to see them take it in a different direction. Having a fucking blast

Oh and I too had really nasty screen tearing in the cutscenes. I turned it on from the amd catalyst and it largely cut down the problem. I recommend everyone do that.

#61 Edited by bkbroiler (1588 posts) -

@Shaunage said:

I'm getting a pretty insane amount of screen-tearing at max settings, but otherwise it seems great.

Same. Vsync is on too. Still looks and runs great, though.

Edit: Didn't realize this topic was 4 pages. :) I'll try forcing Vsync through my video card.

#62 Posted by gesi1223 (216 posts) -

Just got the game. Plays flawlessly(aside from screen tearing, going to try the hardware v-sync later) on a GTX460. I would recommend this with a gamepad, I haven't tried keyboard and mouse but I feel like this game would be much less enjoyable without a controller.

#63 Posted by Helios1337 (321 posts) -

I got screen tearing even with vsync checked in game initially. It seemed to start working once I put the resolution down a notch and unchecked vsync, applied it. Then I set it back to the proper native resolution and rechecked vsync. Zero screen tearing since.

#64 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

@Helios1337: Enabling v sync in nvidia/amd control panel fixes it.

#65 Posted by Arrogance (3 posts) -

My PC playing experience was shiny. 1920 x 1080 and 60fps straight through. No screen tearing (nVidia hardware forced) or slowdown. Used a wireless 360 pad, it was good times.

#66 Posted by AssInAss (2407 posts) -

@thabigred said:

I turned on vsync in Nvidia control panel as well and it cleared up all problems. That said, man this game looks great and plays better. DmC feels like the game that Dante's Inferno should have been and I say that as someone who loved the combat in Dante's Inferno. You should play this game.

As someone who's a big fan of the combat in Dante's Inferno, you might have sold me.

#67 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

@thabigred said:

I turned on vsync in Nvidia control panel as well and it cleared up all problems. That said, man this game looks great and plays better. DmC feels like the game that Dante's Inferno should have been and I say that as someone who loved the combat in Dante's Inferno. You should play this game.

As someone who's a big fan of the combat in Dante's Inferno, you might have sold me.

Ohh dude the combat is totally an iteration of the combat from Dante's Inferno, if you liked that you should totally be into this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.