I didn't even know they made a Devil May Cry 5..

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4137 posts) -

So, I'm a Hispanic from Texas. So I know enough Spanish to get by and order some corn-in-a-cup with cheese and chile to not get jumped. And for fun, I've been checking the wonderful, and amazing world that is Wal-Mart Mexico's 'Videojuegos' section. Everything there is slighly over priced, their selection is weird and limited. And in this case, you can buy a 2012's 'Devil May Cry 5.

So, I can't tell if this is really supposed to be some weird, fucking PS2's Devil May Cry 3 on PS3? Or rather, 2013's DmC Ninja Theory marvel which everyone adored.

http://www.walmart.com.mx/Detalle-del-articulo/00001338892208/Devil%20May%20Cry%205%20Capcom%20PS3

I just thought it was funny, and little fake.. I really can't tell what game its supposed to be. No DmC game came out in 2012, so.. And who are those dumb characters in the background? Why is Vergil in the middle, and Dante so melodramatic all of a sudden.

Seriously, DmC whatever. The videogame section at walmart.com.mx is amaze-balls. Its just wonderfully strange. I even tried looking at Amazon Mexico's page to find if this game was real, and I can't find anything. Also, funny that GameStop doesn't even exist in Mexico. So, if any actual Mexican people from like: Monterrey, La D.F, or Tamaulipas, or otherwise live there: Where do you get your games? And what's your corn choice? That one has mayonnaise, I think.

#2 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

wow. I have no words for that box art.

#3 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

@super2j said:

wow. I have no words for that box art.

It looks like bad fan art. I wonder if that was supposed to be a placeholder for the HD collection and shit went real sideways

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11419 posts) -

It might be the Devil May Cry HD collection but... that's pretty hilarious all the same.

#5 Posted by wjb (1621 posts) -

MEXICO DON'T CARE

#6 Edited by StarvingGamer (7915 posts) -

Why is... Dante so melodramatic all of a sudden.

What?

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

And the price is $990.00. What the fuck

#8 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4137 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Well. I mean, those are pesos. So its really more like $99, or more like a current exchange rate as $76.23. Still expensive.

#9 Posted by BoOzak (870 posts) -

Mexican Devil May Cry you say? Could it perhaps be this?

Spoilers, I guess.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35825 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Well. I mean, those are pesos. So its really more like $99, or more like a current exchange rate as $76.23. Still expensive.

You're still gonna have to buy it. You know that, right?

#11 Posted by geirr (2469 posts) -

@boozak said:

Spoilers, I guess.

w..what is this I don't even.

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@boozak said:

Spoilers, I guess.

This is amazing

#13 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@boozak said:

Spoilers, I guess.

Whaat, that's very well done! haha

#14 Posted by csl316 (7973 posts) -

Diablo is up to like part 9 in China.

#15 Posted by jiggajoe14 (629 posts) -

@boozak said:

Spoilers, I guess.

???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by AgnosticJesus (539 posts) -

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

#17 Posted by Undeadpool (4902 posts) -

It looks like a Hong Kong knock-off...but giving even LESS of a shit. Had a great laugh, though!

#18 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: A) Never get your games from Walmart

B)its not La DF its EL DF

C)Who gives adamn about Tamaluipas or Monterrey? Gudalajara is where its at bro

D) All new games have the standar $990 price tag

E)To get games you go to Gameplanet (best option all around) , altho you can still go to other big stores but their selections are very small and to skewed toward big releases (aka FIFA , Call of Duty , Halo etc.)

F) That DMC V must be fake

#19 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.