It's really unfortunate that this game isn't at Redbox.

#1 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Seeing as how Blockbuster (or the ones near me) don't even get new games, I'm a bit bummed that Redbox doesn't seem to be carrying this game. I guess there's no way to try before you'd buy.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -
@murisan The Demo?
#3 Posted by RawknRo11a (552 posts) -

@murisan: you still have a Blockbuster? Hell I live on an island off the east coast of Florida and we don't even have a Blockbuster anymore...

#4 Posted by RazielCuts (2929 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@murisan The Demo?

This. The very definition of 'try before you buy'.

#5 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@murisan The Demo?

Played it. Not enough of a "demo" for something they're asking $60 for.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11634 posts) -

@RawknRo11a said:

@murisan: you still have a Blockbuster? Hell I live on an island off the east coast of Florida and we don't even have a Blockbuster anymore...

I don't even think we have movie rental places 'round these parts anymore. We've got those "kiosks" or whatever, but no actual places.

#7 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -
#8 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@ChinaDontCare: That's real shitty. Never had that experience.

Or, y'know, rentals. Herp derp.

#9 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

They have games at Redbox? They do not do that here, or anywhere in my town. 0.0 Either way, you could get on a ship and the people on said ship can get you the game for the low low price of free....... >_> <_<

#10 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -
@BillyTheKid said:

They have games at Redbox? They do not do that here, or anywhere in my town. 0.0 Either way, you could get on a ship and the people on said ship can get you the game for the low low price of free....... >_> <_<

They go for 2 dollars a day instead of 1 dollar. 
Bluray rentals also go for 2 dollars
#11 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

Don't believe I've heard this complaint before. Kudos for being original.

#12 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook: Wow that is a great deal. Especially if you just rent it for a weekend or something. Better then spending 60 and then finding out you hate the game too.

#13 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

Don't believe I've heard this complaint before. Kudos for being original.

Kudos to you as well for an incredibly original response.

#14 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2135 posts) -

Yeah, redbox is pretty much my jam nowadays. I blast through games, so it works out well for me.

#15 Posted by StrainedEyes (1321 posts) -

Gamefly?

#16 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

@murisan said:

Seeing as how Blockbuster (or the ones near me) don't even get new games, I'm a bit bummed that Redbox doesn't seem to be carrying this game. I guess there's no way to try before you'd buy.

Yeah, I recently bought the 15 dollar a month pass at blockbuster that allows me to have one game out at a time, which seemed great, and I checked on Tuesday for it, they said they'd have it on friday. I went back today, they said they still didn't have it and have no idea when it's going to come in, so great job blockbuster on doing everything in your power to get rid of the customer base that you still are actually retaining.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Odd though never think of redbox for game rentals since I just go through gamefly, now that they're handling pc games & give some % off depending on how long you been with them, it makes more sense to just go with that versus a physical box to rent things from. Never heard anything good with redbox so glad to avoid it.

#18 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@StrainedEyes said:

Gamefly?

Ain't worth it for me anymore, and it's too much of a game to try and make sure you get new games when they come out. Redbox is usually pretty good; I just think a lot of places didn't try to get DmC inventory for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.