Not sure whether to pre-order?

#1 Edited by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

I personally had a blast with the demo. Sure it is different but I like the new main character and the combat felt great. Also the story seems like it has a lot of potential.

#2 Posted by notdavid (757 posts) -

It looks dope as fuck, but I'm waiting for the reviews.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (13832 posts) -

Not preordering. I am getting it day one tho Ill just pick it up at work

#4 Posted by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

yeah although I did thoroughly enjoy the demo, it would probably be best to just wait until the reviews drop to make sure the full game is solid

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2042 posts) -

Are there any incentives to pre order the game?

#6 Posted by TheSilentGod (133 posts) -

Just wait, you will be able to get the game without a pre-order no problem, it will be in stock.

#7 Posted by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

@Morningstar: well i'm sure gamestop will have some lame pre-order bonus however there usually isn't anything too extravagant

#8 Posted by Morningstar (2042 posts) -

@crush3x5: Then I would wait for reviews and/or quick looks =)

#9 Posted by ESREVER (2574 posts) -

Pre-ordering from Gamestop will get you the Vergil DLC for free. It adds another chapter to the game where you play as Vergil. I fucking love Vergil, so I will get this Day one.

#10 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

I still would like to know if there's a way to map the buttons in the full game , I had some problems using the heavy weapons wich are tied to the same prompts as the grab to ledges/ enemies buttons.

#11 Posted by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

@ESREVER: hmm that sounds pretty bad ass i might have to fire up a pre-order after all

#12 Posted by Sanious (779 posts) -

I am pre-ordering. I liked the demo enough and having the vergil dlc on top of that seems like a good enough deal.

#13 Posted by xyzygy (9607 posts) -

I'm not gonna pre-order, just getting it when it releases. Such a sick game, judging by the demo.

#14 Posted by phantomzxro (1531 posts) -

As its own thing it seems cool but as a die hard fan of dmc i think i will pass because it does not feel as tight or as deep granted this is demo talk so it could get better. Plus it seemed like the lighting bloom was out of control for reasons i don't know. I think the weapons sounds could use a bit more impact or something as well. Anyway it seems like a solid game on it own right so if your already sold i think it will not disppoint.

#15 Posted by wewantsthering (1459 posts) -

Pre-ordering is just not getting any savings interest yourself and giving that to the game publisher. Just order it on Amazon a couple days before or pick it up in store day one. It's not like copies will run out...

#16 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

Anyone had any problems with glitches in the demo? I thought the first section was rad as fuck and I was going to go pre-order it until I played the boss section and the boss glitched out on me. After dropping the first chain holding him up I went back to the middle to fight and after draining it's health bar a second time it just refilled and the boss sat there invincible to my attacks and would no longer attempt to attack. I had to reset the check point. It tempered my excitement to an "I'll wait for word of mouth".

#17 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

Pre-ordering from Gamestop will get you the Vergil DLC for free. It adds another chapter to the game where you play as Vergil. I fucking love Vergil, so I will get this Day one.

That kinda pisses me off. Wasn't there a bunch of uproar about DLC that was developed before games went gold/got sent for cert? Has DMC even gone gold yet? Seems like Capcom is being a bit of a bitch by withholding a character they know people like and possible important plot to a day one DLC that seems to have been developed alongside the game itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.