Opening Cinematic leaked

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15149 posts) -

So I was over at the GameFaqs boards and someone posted this link from YouTube and apparently there is a user who has leaked a couple of cut-scenes from the game. The first being the very very opening sequence from the game and the second being a scene where Dante meets Virgil for the first time. I watched both myself and while the opening cut-scene seems a tad cheesy the second scene with Dante and Virgil has some decent back and forth to it. I'm really digging the way they are portraying Vergil actually. So if you aren't too bothered by I guess minor spoilers then both of the videos are posted below. I'm still full steam a head on the Hype Train on this one. Can't wait!

#2 Posted by csl316 (9445 posts) -

Ninja Theory specializes in awesome cinematics, so I'd be curious to see these if I didn't wanna go in cold.

Although now that I think about it, Heavenly Sword had some wierd cheesy moments throughout.

#3 Posted by Hunter5024 (5964 posts) -

I really don't want to watch these, but at the same time I really want to watch these.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15149 posts) -

@Hunter5024: There is nothing really too much spoiled even most of the Vergil scene has already been in most of the trailers.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22544 posts) -

Decided to watch the second scene and I freakin' love what they've done to Vergil. He comes across as some sort of prep-school boy while Dante contrasts as some attitude-laden punk from the streets. Really liking the performances from both as well.

#6 Posted by Seroth (726 posts) -

I sort of get a "Doom: Repercussions of Evil" vibe from all this "we must fight the demons" talk.

#7 Posted by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

The performances seem pretty good, a contrast from Fuck you Fuck you! FUCK YOOOOOOOOOU!

Whether these versions of Dante, Vergil and Mundus will stand up to the original versions remains to be seen.

#8 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

Eh, I don't think they are particularly good. But seems alright, I'm curious about the game. The old games never really clicked for me.

#9 Posted by spankingaddict (2739 posts) -

Me want , but me wait 9 more days .

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

the new versions of them suck, I don't get why they aren't just making new characters entirely.

#11 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@Sooty said:

the new versions of them suck, I don't get why they aren't just making new characters entirely.

I prefer them over their old, anime-style selves.

#12 Posted by DragonNinja789 (365 posts) -

All of that looked great, cant wait.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (15149 posts) -
@Yummylee

Decided to watch the second scene and I freakin' love what they've done to Vergil. He comes across as some sort of prep-school boy while Dante contrasts as some attitude-laden punk from the streets. Really liking the performances from both as well.

Same. I can't wait to see the inevitable split between the brothers and see them duke it out. Also like Kat as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.