PC version defaulting to 50Hz and won't change? + Vsync solved!

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

So I have been playing this game on my 360 and loving it, but I thought I'd get the PC version just because according to the internet my GPU would net me like 350 fps. Anyways there's been a slight problem, namely that the game won't save my refresh rate settings. I go to 60Hz hit apply, back out and back in and it's defaulted back to 50Hz. Anyone know why it's doing this and how to solve it?

Also for people have screen tearing issues, just turn V-Sync off, save changes, then turn V-Sync back on and you should be good.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3858 posts) -

I'm sure the refresh rate doesn't actually resets.

Mine always resets to 25hz but the game is still running at 60fps with vsync on. I had to do the same for vsync to stick.

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

I noticed that too but the framerate is still at 60, I just enabled v sync in the nvidia control panel to fix those issues.

#4 Posted by Luca717 (101 posts) -

i was wondering why it was doing that. every time i set it to 60 it goes back to 25 yet it seems to be running too smooth to be 25. i don't think i need to have v sync off so i have it on it looks good. i looked at the game file for dmc and it says there its 25fps too so that still worries me. hopefully they put out a patch or something to fix it lol

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

I haven't had any issues with screen tearing or V Sync. Speaking of the Hz though my game wont change away from 59 Hz.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.