Seriously impressed with the game so far

#1 Posted by dr_mantas (1975 posts) -

I only played a little bit, but I gotta say, besides the fact that I really dig the style of the game, the PC version is freaking awesome.

It looks beautiful and runs really well on my shitty old PC, I have no idea what they did to optimize it. Serious props.

#2 Posted by Shortbreadtom (820 posts) -

Have you got to the third boss yet? Because the third boss IS INCREDIBLE. The best concept for a boss I've seen in a good long time, possibly ever. The gameplay is fine, but what you're seeing is mindblowing.

#3 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1576 posts) -

I knew I made the right choice "picking up" the PC version when I started playing the game and noticed that I was clocking in over 200FPS. For such a gorgeous game, man does it scream.

#4 Posted by l4wd0g (1978 posts) -

I picked up the PC version as well. DmC is a lot of fun to play. My main criticism is that it is too crass. It's crass for no reason at all.

Here's a demon fucking another demon. Here are some digital titties. Why? It doesn't serve the story or the game play; it's just thrown in there.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3949 posts) -

@l4wd0g: I don't know if you finished it or not but

@l4wd0g said:

Here's a demon fucking another demon. Here are some digital titties. Why? It doesn't serve the story or the game play; it's just thrown in there.

This is actually critical to the story.
#6 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

I picked up the PC version as well. DmC is a lot of fun to play. My main criticism is that it is too crass. It's crass for no reason at all.

Bob Barbas is that you?

#7 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

Didnt like the platform, have not touched it since

#8 Posted by l4wd0g (1978 posts) -

@Pr1mus: No, I haven't finished it yet. I'll take your word for it and I'll withhold judgement until I beat the game. I was just strange the way it was just tossed in there. I swear if he's just nailing an angel I'm going to be very disappointed.

#9 Posted by takayamasama (441 posts) -

@l4wd0g: Keep playing, it's not something like that. I thought it was a pretty good story point, when it was all said and done.

#10 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3558 posts) -

Game is amazing just wished I'd have more time to replay the games on the harder difficulties.

#11 Posted by Tsoglani (585 posts) -

I dig this game hard, loving the combat, and don't mind the platforming at all. The boss fights are pretty awesome, especially the Bob Barbas one, and even Lillith's is ok.

Really looking forward to unlocking Son of Sparda mode, and then Dante Must Die. IMO, too many people have played and finished this on easy and normal difficulty and therefore why so many are saying they finished it in 6/7 hours. I am on chapter 16 on Nephilim, collecting all the collectibles and secret challenges, and have clocked up 15.5 hours. Can't wait to start on Son of Sparda.

#12 Posted by Crysack (326 posts) -

@Tsoglani said:

I dig this game hard, loving the combat, and don't mind the platforming at all. The boss fights are pretty awesome, especially the Bob Barbas one, and even Lillith's is ok.

Really looking forward to unlocking Son of Sparda mode, and then Dante Must Die. IMO, too many people have played and finished this on easy and normal difficulty and therefore why so many are saying they finished it in 6/7 hours. I am on chapter 16 on Nephilim, collecting all the collectibles and secret challenges, and have clocked up 15.5 hours. Can't wait to start on Son of Sparda.

DMD is not all that fun, in my opinion. It isn't as difficult as the previous games, to be sure, but it gets extremely tedious because the game insists on throwing tons of mixed elemental demons at you in higher difficulties forcing you to constantly stick to a single set of weapons (especially given the fact that I don't like using the demon weapons at all because their air combos suck and jump canceling doesn't really work with them). You also get tons of shielded enemies so the AoE stuff stops working and the chainsaw guys go into their hyper-armour mode every 3 milliseconds.

#13 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

Bob Barbas is probably the best boss fight I've experienced in such a long time. Creative, tons of fun, no gimmicky trial-and-error puzzle elements, visually stunning, and it really adds a lot to the character.

#14 Posted by Platina32 (31 posts) -

I'm really impressed with the PC-version too. It looks incredible, runs very smoothly and the game itself isn't bad either. In fact, I think it's very good. Mind you, I have not played any DMC game before.

#15 Posted by realph (261 posts) -

I'm 17 chapters in and I'm amazed! I wasn't expecting much, but man, did Ninja Theory deliver. The level/boss design is unbelievable, some of the best boss fights I've played in a while. Ninja Theory brought their A-game to the story and characters also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.