There is something really fuc**d up with this DmC

#1 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

And no, even though I would LOVE to hate on this game right now, I will refrain from doing so. I don't Like NT, never liked their games not even when I had only a PS3 and close to no games to play back in '07.

And Im a big, BIG DMC fanboy. In fact, I bought a PS2 (not a Gamecube) because of 2 games, the first being Devil May Cry, the second Zone of the Enders.

Now, I was right over at Andriasang, and I saw this and I was like.... "DUDE, WHAT?!"

Lets see if you guys know what I mean...

#2 Posted by Tackchevy (261 posts) -

No get.

#3 Posted by drac96 (668 posts) -

Dante's hair is what's TRULY messed up about the DMC reboot. I'll never be able to get over it...So ugly...

#4 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

The fact that the game takes place in an alternate dimension or are you referring to the giant penis monster you decided to grace these forums with.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@DragoonKain1687 said:

So... is that who you play as?

#6 Posted by SuperSambo (2854 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

The fact that the game takes place in an alternate dimension or are you referring to the giant penis monster you decided to grace these forums with.

Do you also see a penis in this?

#7 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

The fact that Ninja Theory is making this game is the only thing that has me interested.

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@SuperSambo: Rose with two centurion helmets

#9 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@slightconfuse said:

Dude! Flagged, for posting inappropriate content. ;)

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

Creepy monster design reminds me of Dark Souls. Game is now a must buy.

Thanks.

#11 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

Besides it being a terribly designed monster, I don't really see anything...

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

A demon that throws gang signs. If anything, I think it's funny.

#13 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1396 posts) -

Is that suppose to be Dante? I'll take that over his new look.

#14 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

guys i think he's trying to say it looks like a vagina

#15 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I'd kill that.

#16 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

i enjoy how they are now saying this is a parallel universe dante... guess that fan reaction changed there minds after all

#17 Posted by morrelloman (606 posts) -

Not sure what your point is. But I respect your sentiment.

#18 Posted by Scrawnto (2436 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@slightconfuse said:

I see two Smurfs looking at that flower with the big breasts from Conker's Bad Fur Day. Do I win?

#19 Posted by Yummylee (21302 posts) -

Iunno, looks like a pretty standard DMC boss to me

#20 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

I finally decided, Im calling him "Mr Boss Dick Head McGee"

#21 Posted by DoctorTran (1546 posts) -
@SuperSambo

@slightconfuse said:

I
#22 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Axxol said:

A demon that throws gang signs. If anything, I think it's funny.

Taking a picture in mid-animation to prove...some kind of point is always kind of funny. On a serious note, this game has me so excited. I can't wait for it.

#23 Posted by CornBREDX (4874 posts) -

I've decided with all these reboots I don't care anymore since I can play the originals any time I want so realistically it doesn't matter.

I cant say I get your point though, he looks like he's about to bust a flow. In my head he wears a backwards cap and has a gold chain haha- this picture is really funny in my head.

#24 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

...I'm not seeing whatever it is that is apparently so fucked up.

#25 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

I don't see it.

Also, you can say fuck on the boards.

#26 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@dudeglove said:

guys i think he's trying to say it looks like a vagina

For people who see penises everywhere, I could imagine that monster would be what vaginas look like to them.
#27 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

Someone should really post that thing from Persona 4.

#28 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Someone should really post that thing from Persona 4.

You meaen this?

Oh my god. This world is full of dicks xD

#29 Posted by Stingraymond (85 posts) -

I don't see anything wrong aside from a not-so-great monster design...

Ninja Theory are a brilliant developer, their games have never been world-beaters, but they're solid, enjoyable, and fresh. I'm very happy with them making this game, and I'm a big DMC fan. After 4, I can safely say I didn't want any more of that, so it's great if we get something a bit original.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Ninja Theory has only developed 2 games from this generation....pretty small sample size to decide to hate on them.

#31 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

As someone who hasn't particularly liked a DMC game since the first one, and who liked Enslaved quite a bit, I'm cautiously optimistic about the new game for nothing else in that there probably won't be gems like this:

#32 Posted by Andyman067 (26 posts) -

The really fucked up thing is that Ninja Theory is making it, and Ninja Theory doesn't know how to make games. Hopefully Capcom's alleged control over the combat will make for a decent game. Thank God for it too; a once-great series like DMC would (and might) be shat on Ninja Theory. As if DMC didn't get enough of that with 2.

My hopes remain high and my expectations low. If it keeps all the current bullshit in the final build, it'll be awful.

#33 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

The fact that Ninja Theory is making this game is the only thing that has me interested.

sitting with this guy on this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.