This game is selling like crazy.

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by murisan (1119 posts) -

Kind of blows me away, I didn't expect to see it sell so well.

I guess we'll be seeing a DmC2

EDIT: Source is me trying to find a fucking copy in a major city. Your joke's already been made.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

Um...source?

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

Source?

#4 Posted by MildMolasses (3225 posts) -

I just read a post on Giant Bomb dot com that DmC is Selling really well. I guess they'll be making a sequel

#5 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

advertisement agent detected

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

Any sources?

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

My guess:

OP's local Gamestop is sold out, therefore it must be selling like crazy.

#8 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (942 posts) -

It's selling like crazy? I better go buy a copy myself before I can't find one! Thanks OP.

#9 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2496 posts) -

Can't tell if op is trolling or not.

#10 Posted by mpgeist (638 posts) -

His uncle works for Nintendo. Don't worry about it.

#11 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I'm not trolling. I've tried every Gamestop in my area as well as Best Buys. All sold out. This really doesn't happen so far as I've noticed. Either Capcom shipped limited quantities or the game is doing insanely well.

#12 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

My guess:

That or the OP is trying to troll the people that do not want this game to succeed.

#13 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

My guess:

Try nearly 4/5s of the Gamestops in the greater Denver area including the biggest one in the metroplex.

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@murisan said:

I'm not trolling. I've tried every Gamestop in my area as well as Best Buys. All sold out. This really doesn't happen so far as I've noticed. Either Capcom shipped limited quantities or the game is doing insanely well.

lol fuck it, I guess anecdotal trumps empirical. I better go preorder the sequel.

#15 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

DMC3 is the greatest action game ever made.

DMC4 is a great game.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't selling.

#16 Posted by Blannir (250 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@murisan said:

lol fuck it, I guess anecdotal trumps empirical. I better go preorder the sequel.

Yeah, yeah. This is the best source I have. I only wrote this because after playing a copy at a friend's I wanted to pick it up and I literally cannot find a single copy.

Fuck, you guys are pricks.

I just typed in a Denver zip code on Gamestop.com and it's showing up at tons of stores so I don't know why you can't find it.

#17 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@murisan: And you're being hyperbolic, maybe it did really sell well but basing that on limited anecdotal chatter is silly. Reminds me of the people calling the Wii U a huge success or huge disaster just cuz they posted a picture of an empty or stacked store shelf on Facebook.

#18 Edited by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Blannir said:

I just typed in a Denver zip code on Gamestop.com and it's showing up at tons of stores so I don't know why you can't find it.

So here's the way this works.. I could drive 35 minutes to a GameStop outside of Denver (Aurora, etc.) and possibly find a copy, but the main stores in the metropolitan area are all sold out. Try it yourself. Punch in your local city's main zipcode and call a store. Hell, I'll do it too. Fuck me for being surprised that the GameStops that usually ALWAYS have copies of console games are sold out, right?

#19 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Blannir said:

@murisan said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@murisan said:

Yeah, yeah. This is the best source I have. I only wrote this because after playing a copy at a friend's I wanted to pick it up and I literally cannot find a single copy.

Fuck, you guys are pricks.

So here's the way this works.. I could drive 35 minutes to a GameStop outside of Denver (Aurora, etc.) and possibly find a copy, but the main stores in the metropolitan area are all sold out. Try it yourself. Punch in your local city's main zipcode and call a store. Hell, I'll do it too. Fuck me for being surprised that the GameStops that usually ALWAYS have copies of console games are sold out, right?

Welcome to the world of preordering if you want a first-shipment copy.

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Are you sure youre asking for DmC and not DMC?

#21 Posted by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

Its hilarious how everyone in this thread either accused the OP of lying or trolling DMC fans who don't like this game but he probably does need more evidence than my local gamestop or best buy is completely sold out. It got good reviews and a lot of press so its not that surprising that its selling well.

#22 Edited by MentalDisruption (1643 posts) -

The gamestop I went to said they barely got any copies in aside from the pre-orders. I went in expecting to pick one up without a pre-order and found out there were only a couple non-reserved copies available to buy. So it might be selling well, but they just might not be getting as much as usual either. Who knows. It's a good and flashy game though, so I wouldn't be surprised if its drawing in a lot of people.

#23 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

My guess:

#24 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@gogosox82 said:

Its hilarious how everyone in this thread either accused the OP of lying or trolling DMC fans who don't like this game but he probably does need more evidence than my local gamestop or best buy is completely sold out. It got good reviews and a lot of press so its not that surprising that its selling well.

Or is it? We don't have any actual evidence beyond, "Every Gamestop I checked didn't have any." For all we know, each store might have gotten three copies in and sold them all by the end of Tuesday.

#25 Posted by Barrock (3545 posts) -

It's the #1 selling Xbox 360 Fantasy Fighting game on Amazon!!!

#26 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Either way I bet this is far and away Ninja Theory's best selling game. How well did Enslaved do? Probably real bad.

#27 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@laserbolts said:

Are you sure youre asking for DmC and not DMC?

That's actually a fair question, I can see this game screwing up databases. I wonder how many people bought "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" and got "Need for Speed: Most Wanted".
#28 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

The Gamestop in my area was sold out too (west Chicago)  not sure why... but I guess they either didn't expect it to sell well, or didn't expect it to sell as well as it is.

#29 Posted by mellotronrules (1223 posts) -

well, it looks like there are plenty in the east bay.

#30 Posted by LikeaSsur (1565 posts) -

@DeathsWind said:

I really want to know what would have satisfied these people as actual evidence. Did you expect that this guy hand delivers every copy of this game and he's been really Busy lately.

Well, we do have the internet at our fingertips. There's usually a few websites dealing with video game sales.

#31 Posted by spankingaddict (2707 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

DMC3 is the greatest action game ever made.

DMC4 is a great game.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't selling.

And DmC is somehow even better . It deserves to be selling crazy amounts of copies !

#32 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4851 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Either way I bet this is far and away Ninja Theory's best selling game. How well did Enslaved do? Probably real bad.

let's put it this way, if DmC doesn't sell then that's the end of Ninja Theory as a studio.

As far as sales go, anecdotal evidence for my area suggests that it's doing quite well. Wall to wall copies at launch, barely any left a couple of days later. One of the employees was telling me how they were going to have to make another large order for the game. Fucking thing hasn't even been out a week yet.

#33 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2495 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the one store in my area that sells new games is overloaded with copies. I don't think it's selling insanely well for a game, but for Ninja Theory's standards it probably feels like they just made a Call of Duty game.

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (12094 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

I'm pretty sure the one store in my area that sells new games is overloaded with copies.

Wait, so is there going to be a sequel or not??

#35 Edited by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@LikeaSsur said:

@DeathsWind said:

I really want to know what would have satisfied these people as actual evidence. Did you expect that this guy hand delivers every copy of this game and he's been really Busy lately.

Well, we do have the internet at our fingertips. There's usually a few websites dealing with video game sales.

his anecdotal evidence is better evidence than VGchartz

#36 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Turtlebird95 said:

I'm pretty sure the one store in my area that sells new games is overloaded with copies.

Wait, so is there going to be a sequel or not??

I saw a copy on a shelf. Pack your bags, the show is over.

#37 Posted by DarthOrange (3867 posts) -

eh, it will be $30 before March, I will pick it up then.

#38 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

It could be that there wasn't much demand so they didn't order many copies and the ones they did have sold out.

#39 Edited by evanbower (1215 posts) -

More anecdotal evidence: I saw a shelf full of copies at my local electronics store one day, went in to buy it the next day and got the third to last copy.

Really enjoying it so far, by the way.

#40 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

I'd hope so, game looks great.

...but let's wait for the sales numbers.

#41 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I don't think these people are being pricks. Stores like Gamestop usually order a few copies along with whatever preorders they receive, unless it is a title they know for sure would sell like crazy (CoD, Madden, etc.). I've had instances where I was told that they only ordered a few at the locations near me, so the comments in this thread make a point. Also, asking for a source and pointing out that you didn't provide enough information as proof that DmC is selling like crazy doesn't make them pricks. Make sure you add more substance to your threads and maybe you won't receive negative feedback.

#42 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

I wouldn't be so sure, Dragon's Dogma is still like 40 dollars at gamestop

#43 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I hope this game sells well, all of the hate towards it has been so unwarranted. I'm loving it so far!

#44 Posted by Beforet (2929 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@DarthOrange said:

I was going to be all smug by looking on amazon, but it's $40 there too! Was Dragon's Dogma a cult hit or some other sort of hit that keeps its price up?

#45 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@murisan said:

Stop being a D-Bag.

The guy never said he was a reporter. He made a comment about an experience he had. Freaking get over it.

"Man! It's pouring outside! We're getting a lot of rain this year."

"SOURCE?!?!"

#46 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Beforet said:

@Animasta said:

@DarthOrange said:

I was going to be all smug by looking on amazon, but it's $40 there too! Was Dragon's Dogma a cult hit or some other sort of hit that keeps its price up?

It's the mystical power of its theme song.

#47 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@JazGalaxy said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@murisan said:

Stop being a D-Bag.

The guy never said he was a reporter. He made a comment about an experience he had. Freaking get over it.

"SOURCE?!?!"

No.

#48 Posted by steveurkel (145 posts) -
If you live in denver go to a fucking walmart or a target or any of those places because you are limiting yourself to like 1 or 2 places

I live in las vegas I bet if it wasnt at game stop I sure as heck wouldnt have a hard time finding it. I am waiting for the PC version though, you should do the same. PC master race
#49 Posted by evanbower (1215 posts) -

@JazGalaxy said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@murisan said:

Stop being a D-Bag.

"SOURCE?!?!"

Yep, well said.

#50 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@evanbower: Not really. It's a pretty poor analogy when comparing to how well a game is selling overall but if you guys really love your anecdotes that much then I sure as hell won't stop you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.