This game is selling like crazy.

  • 148 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11930 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@ProfessorEss said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

DMC3 is the greatest action game ever made.

DMC4 is a great game.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't selling.

I'd love to live in a world where the actual quality of the game dictated how successful it was.

Yup, because then I'd be eagerly awaiting the releases of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts 2 and Viva Pinata 3 :(

Fuck you for making me think about the fact that I'll never get a Nuts and Bolts 2.

Or Neverwinter Nights 3.

You can blame that one on D&D 4th edition being the worst ever. NWN2 sold quite well, IIRC.

#102 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

Gamestop only selling pre-order copies? I never would have imagined that.

#103 Posted by PandaBear (1377 posts) -

What are your delicious sauces?

#104 Posted by KaneRobot (1707 posts) -

@murisan said:

Well this thread sure took the fuck off.

In conjunction, I'd like to mirror that towards the haters: fuck off. If I had a source, I'd give a source. Do YOU have a source? Does anyone? no. It's fucking stupid to ask for a "source" for sales numbers when not even insiders would have one.

For some RELEVANT FUCKING INFORMATION FOR YOU TWATCUNTS: Seems like GameStop ordered limited amounts of this game (as did Best Buy) because they're cutting back hard on number of games ordered over their pre-order numbers (FUCKING SOURCE: GAMESTOP MANAGER).

You need to relax, tough guy. Put on your Sounds of the Ocean CD.

#105 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

@Brighty said:

@MikkaQ said:

The likely explanation is that Gamestop was being their typical selves and under stocked it.

This. After ordering way too many copies of RE6 and having that flop in their face, GameStop was a little more conservative with Capcom's next supposed big release. After DmC's reception though, I don't doubt that they'll order more copies.

The reception is overwhelmingly positive though...

#106 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I'll be back when the first numbers hit. I'd bet money it's going to be above expectations.

Til then... LOL JOKES KEEP EM COMIN.

#107 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

Who's expectations? Fans? Capcom seems pretty confident this will sell well as they haven't changed their projected sales of 2M across all territories.

#108 Posted by jkz (4046 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@Brighty said:

@MikkaQ said:

The likely explanation is that Gamestop was being their typical selves and under stocked it.

This. After ordering way too many copies of RE6 and having that flop in their face, GameStop was a little more conservative with Capcom's next supposed big release. After DmC's reception though, I don't doubt that they'll order more copies.

The reception is overwhelmingly positive though...

Hence why they might deign to order more?

#109 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

@murisan: You're going to have to clarify what you mean by "above expectations".

#110 Posted by Humanity (9633 posts) -
@Soap

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Soap said:

@Humanity said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx

DMC3 is the greatest action game ever made.

DMC4 is a great game.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't selling.

Bayonetta is the greatest action game ever made but DMC3 is alright too.

Also, DMC4 is dog poop.

DMC4 has it's share of issues but I'd hardly call it dog poop.

Personal opinion of course, but I spent the first half of the game fighting through levels I didn't care about, with a character I didn't care about, with a story that made barely any sense ( and I can no longer remember) to get to play as Dante and then when I did, they just wanted me to run the same levels in reverse!

I liked DMC4 up until the reversal. I enjoyed playing as Nero and the levels were alright for the most part but having to go through them again as Dante..through that dumb dice rolling stage??? That was really rough. So not dog poop for me but kinda "ehh" 3/5
#111 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@murisan said:

Well this thread sure took the fuck off.

In conjunction, I'd like to mirror that towards the haters: fuck off. If I had a source, I'd give a source. Do YOU have a source? Does anyone? no. It's fucking stupid to ask for a "source" for sales numbers when not even insiders would have one.

For some RELEVANT FUCKING INFORMATION FOR YOU TWATCUNTS: Seems like GameStop ordered limited amounts of this game (as did Best Buy) because they're cutting back hard on number of games ordered over their pre-order numbers (FUCKING SOURCE: GAMESTOP MANAGER).

Calling us twatcunts now? Wonderful! I've never been called that before.

#112 Posted by Demoskinos (15032 posts) -

@murisan: Who's hating dude? If your stating something that can be taken as a fact its not surprising that people would like a source. You might have just mis-phrased what you were trying to get across but insulting everyone in the process sure isn't going to win you over any sympathy.

#113 Posted by bushpusherr (811 posts) -

@murisan said:

Well this thread sure took the fuck off.

In conjunction, I'd like to mirror that towards the haters: fuck off. If I had a source, I'd give a source. Do YOU have a source? Does anyone? no. It's fucking stupid to ask for a "source" for sales numbers when not even insiders would have one.

For some RELEVANT FUCKING INFORMATION FOR YOU TWATCUNTS: Seems like GameStop ordered limited amounts of this game (as did Best Buy) because they're cutting back hard on number of games ordered over their pre-order numbers (FUCKING SOURCE: GAMESTOP MANAGER).

What's fucking stupid is creating a thread proclaiming the game is selling so well when you don't have any information, and then overreacting when people expect you to have some evidence. If "not even insiders" have sources for sales numbers, then don't make a fucking thread about how blown away you are at the sales.

#114 Posted by Demoskinos (15032 posts) -

@Humanity: You can totally manipulate the dice to get the exact roll you want every time. In case you didn't know.

#115 Posted by Fattony12000 (7549 posts) -

I think you're selling like crazy.

#116 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@murisan said:

I'll be back when the first numbers hit. I'd bet money it's going to be above expectations.

Til then... LOL JOKES KEEP EM COMIN.

You made a bad thread.

#117 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

@murisan said:

I'll be back when the first numbers hit. I'd bet money it's going to be above expectations.

Til then... LOL JOKES KEEP EM COMIN.

You made a bad thread.

Ey bro, seems like I made a pretty good thread looking at the views/posts. Keep that hate coming, I love it.

#118 Posted by Yummylee (22114 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Soap

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Soap said:

@Humanity said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx

DMC3 is the greatest action game ever made.

DMC4 is a great game.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't selling.

Bayonetta is the greatest action game ever made but DMC3 is alright too.

Also, DMC4 is dog poop.

DMC4 has it's share of issues but I'd hardly call it dog poop.

Personal opinion of course, but I spent the first half of the game fighting through levels I didn't care about, with a character I didn't care about, with a story that made barely any sense ( and I can no longer remember) to get to play as Dante and then when I did, they just wanted me to run the same levels in reverse!

I liked DMC4 up until the reversal. I enjoyed playing as Nero and the levels were alright for the most part but having to go through them again as Dante..through that dumb dice rolling stage??? That was really rough. So not dog poop for me but kinda "ehh" 3/5

I guess the reason why I never even minded heading backwards through all of the same environments, fighting the same enemies, beating the same bosses ect. is because playing as Dante felt very different than Nero. In fact I initially hated the game for a short while because I was so comfortable playing as Nero, but as it went on I grew to like playing as Dante perhaps even more than I did Nero. The combat system was still just so incredibly fun and addicting that I was plenty content in simply playing more of this game.

Truth be told there was a lot of backtracking and stuff even in the older games, especially when it came to the bosses. In DMC3 you'd face most of the bosses twice and were often travelling all around that giant tower back and forth. DMC4 was perhaps just a lot more transparent about it all. It's a valid criticism all the same, but for anyone who loved the fighting system as much as I did, we just didn't care and relished the opportunity to have two different characters to play with. The only issues I can remember having with DMC4 was the lack of any unlockable costumes (minus their Super variants), that you don't travel to Hell, and that the platforming controls hadn't improved any and were still incredibly cumbersome. Otherwise it was one of my favourite games of 2008.

I guess that's one major improvement you could say about DmC as well. Practically no backtracking, you're just constantly moving forward, discovering new environments. I haven't completed it yet, but I don't suppose there'll be some sort of otherwordly area where you'll have to face the previous bosses again? I can't imagine so because Brad would have probably noted that as a criticism knowing him in his review.

#119 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@murisan: Who's hating dude? If your stating something that can be taken as a fact its not surprising that people would like a source. You might have just mis-phrased what you were trying to get across but insulting everyone in the process sure isn't going to win you over any sympathy.

I'm past the point of caring. This thread made me realize how incredibly fucked this community is, and I don't give a sliver of a shit anymore. I'm responding in kind.

#120 Posted by spankingaddict (2710 posts) -

I love this week !

Thanks Ninja Theory !

: >

#121 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

@murisan: The only reason you received the response you did, is because you acted like a bit of a cunt.

#122 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@jacksmedulla said:

@murisan: The only reason you received the response you did, is because you acted like a bit of a cunt.

Nah, people responded like cunts, so I responded to the responses in kind. Cheers.

#123 Edited by EXTomar (4863 posts) -

I think a shocking revelation of the thread is: Are there people who still use Gamestop to buy games??

#124 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

I think you're selling like crazy.

You and me both.

#125 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

@murisan: I didn't realize being skeptical of a dubious claim constitutes acting like a cunt.

#126 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@jacksmedulla said:

@murisan: I didn't realize being skeptical of a dubious claim constitutes acting like a cunt.

It's all in the diction, my fictitious friend.

#127 Posted by Demoskinos (15032 posts) -

@EXTomar: Sadly. I only ever do it when they have an exclusive limited edition.

#128 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Not sure why this thread wasn't locked 4,500 views ago.

#129 Posted by Krystal_Sackful (810 posts) -

I remember trying to by Psychonauts day one and not finding it anywhere. It sold so poorly it almost killed Majesco.

#130 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

I don't think the games are selling well at all. While originally the game had it's prerelease hype, word of mouth seems to be killing it. On Amazon games that are selling well stay in the top 20 best sellers for at least two weeks. DmC has already dropped into the 60-80 place (Depending on Version, PS3 at 64 and 360 at 73) for video games on Amazon and we aren't even at the week 1 mark.

As for local, I have friends working retail around my area saying that the game is selling incredibly slowly. This is coming from three different sources at three different retailers.

Here is the Amazon Top 100 for verification: Link

#131 Posted by Undeadpool (4963 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@Brighty said:

@MikkaQ said:

The likely explanation is that Gamestop was being their typical selves and under stocked it.

This. After ordering way too many copies of RE6 and having that flop in their face, GameStop was a little more conservative with Capcom's next supposed big release. After DmC's reception though, I don't doubt that they'll order more copies.

The reception is overwhelmingly positive though...

Yeah, but that doesn't fit the fanboy narrative!!

#132 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@murisan: I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be insulting or if you think you're being funny.

#133 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Hailinel said:

@murisan: I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be insulting or if you think you're being funny.

For you, I'm just trying to be insulting. Fuck you.

#134 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@murisan: I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be insulting or if you think you're being funny.

he's so bad at being insulting that it's actually really really funny

#135 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

Can I advise people just take a step back here?

#136 Posted by Demoskinos (15032 posts) -

@Animasta: or just really sad.

#137 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@Beforet: well his posts in that other topic is already going to get him a suspension (despite how funny they were, it's still insensitive) so really don't even bother

@Demoskinos: it is both in equal measure really

#138 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@murisan said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@murisan: I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be insulting or if you think you're being funny.

he's so bad at being insulting that it's actually really really funny

Is that so? The most insulting thing is not knowing what or who you are. How do you cope with that day in and day out? Maybe you should just stop. The coping. Just end it.

about as well as you cope with being a petulant manchild

#139 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Beforet: well his posts in that other topic is already going to get him a suspension (despite how funny they were, it's still insensitive) so really don't even bother

@Demoskinos: it is both in equal measure really

Which thread is that?

#140 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@Beforet: the unprofessional friday thread

#141 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -

What happened to this thread?

#142 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@i8Donuts said:

What happened to this thread?

someone doesn't know how to cope with the internet being the internet

#143 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2033 posts) -

It'll be sad when the mods lock this thread and suspend or ban the OP, the insanity was quite enjoyable.

#144 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -

@Animasta: Looks like he is trying to out internet the internet.

#145 Posted by Animasta (14715 posts) -

@i8Donuts said:

@Animasta: Looks like he is trying to out internet the internet.

nah, this is some internet ass internet rage right here

#146 Posted by MentalDisruption (1650 posts) -

@i8Donuts said:

@Animasta: Looks like he is trying to out internet the internet.

Unfortunately there's too much internet for one man to internet.

#147 Posted by DieRunning (49 posts) -
Someone Looking for DMC?
#148 Posted by ZombiePie (5711 posts) -

This thread has gone beyond the realm of the original topic and devolved into a flame war. For that reason it is being locked.

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.