This is the dumbest reaction to DmC yet.

• 65 results
#1 Posted by jedge (57 posts) -
#2 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

I'm almost positive this isn't a serious petition.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

Fuck it. This is so ridiculous I want it to get 100k signatures just so the Whitehouse has to respond.

#4 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1605 posts) -

This is either a lame joke or incredibly stupid. Either way, you’re probably not helping by drawing attention to it.

#5 Edited by Itwastuesday (982 posts) -

the government should just pull that website down, it's a stupid, stupid, stupid idea and just a waste of everyone's time

#6 Edited by Brighty (249 posts) -

Good lord man, you're gullible.

We, as consumers did not want nor need this reboot and we believe it violates our rights to have a choice between the original's or the reboot. This game is violating our rights as a consumer and we believe it should be pulled off shelves from game stores due to it's insulting nature and the fact that it violates our rights.

If that isn't a blatantly obvious troll, I don't know what is. I'll bet you were in the camp that thought that I cancelled my subscription over Brad's DmC review as well.

#7 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

With those eight signatures they are almost there.

#8 Posted by leinad44 (537 posts) -

Obviously a joke, but I laughed because a lot of the noise kicked up about DmC is really dumb.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Itwastuesday said:

the government should just pull that website down, it's a stupid, stupid, stupid idea and just a waste of everyone's time

No it isn't. People are stupid. But the idea is not.

#10 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Fuck it. This is so ridiculous I want it to get 100k signatures just so the Whitehouse has to respond.

It all leads to video games no longer being protected under the 1st amendment, just so they can take DmC with it THANKS NINJA THEORY!

#11 Posted by spankingaddict (2739 posts) -

huh....

I'm just surprised that no one at Ninja Theory have been killed yet . -_-

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

BAN INNOVATION! MAKE THE SAME GAMES OVER AND OVER! VIVA LA NINTENDO! sorry about that.

#13 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that it's a joke?

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Wow.

#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@scalpel said:

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that it's a joke?

It can't be a joke. Jokes are funny.

#16 Posted by Istealdreams (155 posts) -

Signature number 11 is Jeff:

"J. G.

Petaluma, CA

January 21, 2013

Signature # 11"

#17 Posted by UlquioKani (1182 posts) -

Are you fucking kidding me? Even If it a joke, that website is there to serve a purpose. Not a platform for a dumb joke.

#18 Posted by Itwastuesday (982 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Itwastuesday said:

I submit the fact that they actually responded to the Death Star petition as evidence that this is, in fact, a waste of everyone's time.

#19 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

I'm pretty scared of that 11 crowd majority.

#20 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

Dude can't even get basic grammar rules right "past few month's."

#21 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Just wondering about this website, has anything good come of it? Any ideas presented for the president that he has seriously listened to? All I've seen are Death Star Plans, secession, and now this.

#22 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Itwastuesday

@Dagbiker said:

@Itwastuesday said:

I submit the fact that they actually responded to the Death Star petition as evidence that this is, in fact, a waste of everyone's time.

They promised a response to every petition that reached a set number of signatures and they responded to that one with a sense of humor.
#23 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Guys, this is a joke. People have been posting these lame petitions for a while now.

#24 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

@Istealdreams said:

"J. G.

Petaluma, CA

January 21, 2013

Signature # 11"

Goddamn it I hope so

#26 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

GAY LIBERAL AGENDA.

#27 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

Alright...

If this is serious, fuck that guy.

If this is a joke, all of the fucks that guy. Seriously, gamers have a hard enough time being taken seriously without us having to explain this shit.

If the people signing the petition are being sincere. Fuck them.

If the people signing the petition are doing it for the lulz. Don't encourage stupidity. It's not worth it.

#28 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

Heavenly sword was trash. Utterly. It barely played at 20fps. But enslaved and DMC are pretty good games actually. They started getting everything together, and making some good material. DMC isn't as good as the original ps2 devil may cry, but its certainly better than any 3 of the sequals.

#29 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

I stopped reading at Dear Mr.Obama.

#30 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

@Istealdreams said:

"J. G.

Petaluma, CA

January 21, 2013

Signature # 11"

Goddamn it I hope so

I have it on good authority that Mr. W. R. from Petaluma, CA (Signature 10 on the petition) put Jeff on there too. It's not actually Jeff.

#31 Posted by gamerpigeon (369 posts) -

@jedge: Or Best Reaction yet? Think about it.

#32 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Ha.

#33 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Oh you crazy foreigners and your whackado systems.

#34 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is pretty much the best argument against democracy you could possibly make.

#35 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -
#36 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

The last two words are a nice touch.

#37 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

@Itwastuesday said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Itwastuesday said:

thats the purpose of the website, so that if you get enough signatures they are required to respond, if enough peolpe want a death star then government must respond

#38 Posted by MurderBunny (60 posts) -

I bet it is real. It would not surprise me one bit. I have huge issues with the game, but some of the hate is very misguided and make every one looks stupid.

#39 Edited by Lyisa (391 posts) -

I will say that, having read a lot of the petitions, this isn't even the dumbest thing on that site.

#40 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@MattyFTM: Of course I don't! I'm ignorant to any and all evidence!

#41 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -
@Red There was one that was calling for an end to breed specific legislation regarding dogs. Which as a owner of a pit bull I found to be a positive use of the site. It was close to its goal although dunno if it went through.
#42 Posted by DarthOrange (3895 posts) -

Please stop this, it is only going to help the arguments made by the NRA and all those others claiming video games make you stupid (and a murder).

#43 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

@Demoskinos: I think there was also a petition to have the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz demoted for prosecutorial misconduct in Aaron Swarz's case, which made a lot of sense to me.

#44 Posted by DonutFever (3537 posts) -
@DarthOrange said:
Please stop this, it is only going to help the arguments made by the NRA and all those others claiming video games make you stupid (and a murder).
Of crows?
#45 Posted by jsnyder82 (763 posts) -

No more online petitions, for fuck's sake. If you want to make a change, go outside and petition in the streets like a real man.

#46 Posted by DarthOrange (3895 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

@DarthOrange said:
Please stop this, it is only going to help the arguments made by the NRA and all those others claiming video games make you stupid (and a murder).
Of crows?

Fuck me my bad. The murder of crows is BioShock Infinite.

#47 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

It's like the writer has no grasp on how government works. Or grammar. "Month's."

#48 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

Okay, I understand that there are a lot of gamers who are really upset over this reboot of the Devil May Cry franchise, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have read in years.

I really hope this is a joke, and it won't be taken seriously by anyone, including President Obama.

#49 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

I'm totally signing that just out of thanks for having me laugh so hard. This is seriously some Impractical Jokers level of nonsense.

#50 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

100000 STRONG against this OBAMANATION DmCNATION.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.