Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Vergil's Downfall released on Steam

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Was thinking the smart thing to do would be to wait for a QL, but then figured "screw it, I'm well up for it anyway" and just bought it. 2GB download, so hopefully a good chunk of content there.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

The new Vergil DLC looks hawt. I'm waiting for this asinine code redemption thing from gamestop/capcom to send me an email in order to redeem my code to get another code to redeem on psn. It's pretty dumb.

I read its like another 4 hours of content. So much glorious Vergil.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Having played it start to finish on hard, I can confirm that it's only like... 2 hours that first time through (6 missions) and not particularly dense with new exciting content. A couple of new enemies, one boss (who is just a slightly different version of the final boss of the main game) and all of the cutscenes are in this weird hand-drawn style because it would've obviously been sorta crazy to do a bunch of mo-cap for DLC.

I... think it may be worth $9, though people with the PC version on the fence would be totally ok in waiting for the eventual steam sale. Vergil does play differently from Dante though, most of his attacks are slower and he can do some of the crazy stuff he was capable of in DMC3 along with some phantom sword shenanigans (which also function as your grabs, except if upgraded they come out a lot faster than Dante's hook). Also remember the Doppelganger style from DMC3? He can do that too instead of a devil trigger. But it only unlocks on the last level. Maybe his playstyle didn't mesh with me super well, but I kinda wanted his bigass katana with a wide swing offset by a separate quick sword. Clearly meant for replays though, since you can play it on ALL THE DIFFICULTY MODES.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ugh, wanted to play a little bit of this before going out today. Really wish Gamestop didn't go in a round about way to get the DLC. Really doesn't make any sense to me.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Just finished it now and not really sure what to make of it. Vergil plays significantly different from Dante, which is kind of the point, but it means you really can't tear through guys in the beginning of this like you've probably been going through the end of the main game (in other words, I got lots of bad rankings and will have to replay most of the stages over). Also, the presentation is all over the place; the 2d animated cutscenes have that sort of Mirror's Edge quality to them and the music is made up entirely of material composed for the game rather than the licensed electro-industrial stuff and it just doesn't seem to suit the action as well.

So yeah, guess I'm a little disappointed. May have a little more fun redoing the earlier levels now I've unlocked most of the abilities, but it all feels kinda off to me.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Just finished it, two hours sounds about right. Vergil was fun to play, I liked his spirit sword firing and teleporting better than Dante's hook and eventually useless guns. I also really liked that there were no specific Angel or Demon enemies (at least not on Nephilim Mode) so you could just use whatever style you wanted.

Story wise it was weird and I don't recommend anyone getting it for that reason. It all takes place inside his head, or in limbo or something, with him dealing with his inner demons and it's wierd and kind of terrible in spots. It ends about were you'd expect so if there's a sequel you wouldn't be missing out on much.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

@sanious said:

Ugh, wanted to play a little bit of this before going out today. Really wish Gamestop didn't go in a round about way to get the DLC. Really doesn't make any sense to me.

How do you mean? The dl code and the website? Isn't that Capcom's fault?

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanious said:

True.

And still don't have it. Apparently I would have gotten it quicker if I paid for it. :/

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sanious

@sanious said:

True.

And still don't have it. Apparently I would have gotten it quicker if I paid for it. :/

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing as Vergil is a lot of fun and I think he feels a whole lot smoother than Dante does. Also I prefer the animations of Vergil teleporting with the summon swords onto platforms vs. Dante's grappling. I really hope there is an intention to include a Bloody Palace version for Vergil.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

@sanious said:

Playing as Vergil is a lot of fun and I think he feels a whole lot smoother than Dante does. Also I prefer the animations of Vergil teleporting with the summon swords onto platforms vs. Dante's grappling. I really hope there is an intention to include a Bloody Palace version for Vergil.

See, I got the exact opposite feeling. I feel like there is less movement with some of Vergil's attacks and the dodge seems even more unresponsive than it does with Dante. Maybe it's just because I got used to Dante, but Vergil doesn't feel as good, at least not at first. I've not played much of the DLC, but some of the attacks I've unlocked have improved things.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sanious said:

See, I got the exact opposite feeling. I feel like there is less movement with some of Vergil's attacks and the dodge seems even more unresponsive than it does with Dante. Maybe it's just because I got used to Dante, but Vergil doesn't feel as good, at least not at first. I've not played much of the DLC, but some of the attacks I've unlocked have improved things.

It clicked for me around mission 03. I loved the fact his helm breaker + jump cancel + helm breaker loop is insanely easy.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sanious

@dudeglove said:

Incidentally, does anyone have any good tips for dealing with Imprisoners? I'm running away like a wuss and spamming spirit swords at him most of the time.

I am curious about this too, I really have no other way to fight him when I don't want to get hit.

Well, here's one way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacJMN3Pl00

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sanious

Pretty crazy tech figured out with his doppelganger.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.