Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Will You Give The Upcoming DMC Game A Fair Chance?

• 115 results
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RE_Player1

Ninja Theory is one of my favorite developers. If it wasn't made by them I probably wouldn't have pre-ordered it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Hell fuckin yeah. I wasn't interested in it simply because I've never been a huge DMC fan plus I hate Ninja Theory's other games. However, for some reason, that Vergil trailer sold me instantly and now I can't freakin wait.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By wadtomaton

absolutely. I've always liked Ninja Theory. Not crazy about the new character design but it's minor compared to the gameplay.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WarlordPayne

I hope it's good, but the combat in Heavenly Sword and Enslaved was less than impressive so I'm not really expecting it to be.

Edit: I just watched the two videos in this thread and they reminded me just how much platforming they've been showing in all their videos. The platforming was easily the worst part of the Devil May Cry games and it's not what I come to this series for, so that makes me think that regardless of how well the combat turns out this won't be the game that I want it to be.

Also that second video where you see Dante through a helicopter camera or whatever it is has me very worried. The camera is pulled back so far and they even have the foreground completely block the action while you're playing, which leads me to believe that the game will be very easy or it's going to be intensely frustrating on harder difficulties.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By Seroth

To be honest, probably not. I like 60 FPS action games, and I liked the old DMC games. So, no, I will probably not give it a fair chance. I will probably give it a chance somewhere down the line, but I'll probably keep all the bias I have against it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By ajamafalous

No I will not. 

Thank you and good day.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#57  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Eh, after really liking DMC 3 and then being subsequently bored by and frustrated by DMC 4 and 1 respectively, I'm indifferent about this new one. Of course, if I'm going to be talking character action games, I probably should play Bayonetta, shouldn't I? The kids tell me that game is pretty good. Bah, don't have my Xbox with me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By falserelic

When I first played DMC4 I was hoping more from it. It was cool that when had a new character with a powerful demon arm. But I felt they could have build up Nero's character more and add new powers. On top of that I wish we could have known more on Nero's background. I really wanted to know exactly how he got that demon arm.

This is the only part of the game that kinda indicates that Nero might be possessed by Vergil. When he said his arm changed after hearing a voice say "give me more power". Which sounds like something Vergil would say in DMC3. Then Vergil's sword yamato reacts when Nero transforms. It just gave me the impression that Vergil is within Nero. But well never get to know sense Ninja Theory is making the DMC games from now on.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Hell yeah, I think the new one looks pretty awesome. There is nothing wrong with a bit of change, and besides, it seems to be holding onto what matters from the originals and I enjoyed Ninja Theory's previous games.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ducksworth

I've been meaning to try out a few action games to see what the genre is all about. Since I have no idea of what constitutes as a good or bad action game I'm willing to give it a shot and see how I really feel. Heck, I downloaded the Ninja Gaiden 3 demo off of PSN and had a lot of fun with it. I was going to buy it but then I started thinking that if people threw such a fit over this game being "bad" then the "good" action games must be pretty darn good so I've been sifting through a list of action games over and over trying to find one that I think I would like.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By falserelic

You know I wouldn't mind seeing a DMC game about Dante's father Sparda. I would like to see how he met Dante's mother, and his battles against the demons to protect humanity. In the original DMC game you could unlock Sparda's outfit. It gives you some Idea what he might look like in human form.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mordukai

While I appreciate the balls it took for them to change the series in such an extreme way, I don't think I'll be playing this game any time soon. It's because of the change itself but because I am not a big fan of this series anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fair chance? Hell, I'm excited as hell about it!

I honestly think it looks cool and I was a big fan of the presentation of Ninja Theory's last game Enslaved.

I actually ordered the DMC HD collection the other day. Partly in anticipation of the new one and partly cause I was high off the Bayonetta 2 announcement. I haven't played them since they were new, so I wonder how they hold up. I actually thought DMC4 wasn't that bad. The biggest problem was that it was essentially half a game. Having to trek through everything again when you were halfway through it, even if it was with the infinitely more bad-ass Dante, wasn't that fun.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64  Edited By impartialgecko

DMC ended at 3 for me. After that I was ready for new things so yes.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShaggE

Story and hair color have never been the draw of DMC for me, so yep.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By falserelic

@TeflonBilly said:

A fair chance? Hell, I'm excited as hell about it!

I honestly think it looks cool and I was a big fan of the presentation of Ninja Theory's last game Enslaved.

I actually ordered the DMC HD collection the other day. Partly in anticipation of the new one and partly cause I was high off the Bayonetta 2 announcement. I haven't played them since they were new, so I wonder how they hold up. I actually thought DMC4 wasn't that bad. The biggest problem was that it was essentially half a game. Having to trek through everything again when you were halfway through it, even if it was with the infinitely more bad-ass Dante, wasn't that fun.

I bought the HD collection along with DMC4 a few weeks ago and its been a blast. I had so much memories playing those games when I was younger. My favorite ones in the series is the original DMC and DMC 3. As for DMC 4 I also have the same issues with the game. I didn't like backtracking with Dante and doing most of everything Nero already did, and I wish the game could have just focus on Nero and kept evolving his character.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67  Edited By Castiel

NO!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Phatmac

It looks cool so far. I hope its better than DMC4 cause that game sucked ass.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MikkaQ

I never understood anyone's attachment to DMC anyway. Like yeah it's a kinda fun one of those games, but it's not like the plot or characters were anything special.

Sure, I'd play another one, don't exactly care about the changes they made because I'm not invested in DMC.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#70  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I used to bitch about it when I first saw it, but then I played Enslaved from Ninja Theory and it blew me away. I hope this does the same.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By falserelic

I just got through watching this trailer. I'll just post it here if anyone wants to see it. I think they might make Vergil playable in this game.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Quarters

I think it looks fantastic, and that comes from someone who adored the other games(and the old story). Can't wait to play it.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#73  Edited By galiant

No, I feel like I'm done with this type of gameplay for the most part (with the exception of Darksiders because it spices things up with some Zelda-elements), even though I really enjoyed DMC3 I never picked up DMC4.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By BlastProcessing

I'll definitely play it, but I'm gonna keep it on mute, it's trying to hard to pander towards edgy 14 year old reddit users for my liking.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#75  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I doubt I'll even bother with it, I'm not a fan of Team Ninja, they tend to screw up ideas for games that aren't that complicated, trying to add layers where none needed to exist, or justify some pretty creepy decisions that people seem to let slide...there is such a thing as overtelling a story in their case. Along with that, I've seen nothing in terms of gameplay that makes me think this game would be for me, it looks too slow and cumbersome to work with, something that I have an issue with when it comes to hack n' slash gameplay in general. Dante being the offspring of an angel and a demon also leaves a sour taste in my mouth, it pretty much defines his character as a troublesome person who will conquer his demonic 'evil' side, thanks to his angelic 'good' side...totally leaves out the humanity of the character, an aspect that could have lead to some great development. Unless, of course, they do what every heaven vs hell undertone does and claim that the angels are just as dickish as the demons, or more so, given what they represent.

To say I'd give it a fair chance though? No. If this console generation has taught me anything, it's that if a developer hasn't worked through it's issues involving it's mindset walking into games, if the devs believe their own hype and can seemingly do no wrong, then I have no faith that they can create a decent product. Like I've said, smacking the DMC sticker on a prequel game just to sell copies, instead of calling it something new like Devil Trigger or something relevent to the series, then there's no creativity involved, and no interest on my part.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By mesoian

Definitely. I'm worried about the combat, but Ninja Theory knows how to tell a good story.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mesoian

@BlastProcessing said:

I'll definitely play it, but I'm gonna keep it on mute, it's trying to hard to pander towards edgy 14 year old reddit users for my liking.

You mean like every DMC game before this one?

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

I'll give it a chance. I'm still not liking Dante's new design though.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Nottle

Shouldn't people be complaining about the combat or something? Wasn't DMC3 one of the best combat engines in games and the ones in Ninja Theories games are kind of mediocre? I've only played DMC1 and 3, so I'm no expert, but the drawl to those games was the combat. I like Enslaved and Heavenly Sword fine enough, but if the combat doesn't deliver thats like screwing up the combat in Batman or Bayonetta.

I'll give it a chance, but I still have yet to beat DMC1 or 3, so I won't give it a chance anytime soon.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By falserelic

@Nottle said:

Shouldn't people be complaining about the combat or something? Wasn't DMC3 one of the best combat engines in games and the ones in Ninja Theories games are kind of mediocre? I've only played DMC1 and 3, so I'm no expert, but the drawl to those games was the combat. I like Enslaved and Heavenly Sword fine enough, but if the combat doesn't deliver thats like screwing up the combat in Batman or Bayonetta.

I'll give it a chance, but I still have yet to beat DMC1 or 3, so I won't give it a chance anytime soon.

As long as Ninja Theory add some variety and depth to the combat system, it should be fine.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Yup. I'm expecting myself to enjoy it as a decent action game, and not so much as an actual DMC. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but the little things I've seen and heard make me think that's unlikely.

Still, even if the combat falls short, at least they'll have made an interesting story/world. I think.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hosstile17

Yeah, I think it seems pretty alright.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DelroyLindo

I've played all the DMC's and think this one looks awesome. So what if Dante looks like a bender, he has always been a bit of a pillock

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Karkarov

Yes, I like DMC and watching gameplay videos the game looks like .... DMC. Don't know what else to say. He got a redesign? Yeah, he had to. This story takes place when he is alot younger and his brother hasn't gone a bit coo-coo yes or been dropped in the demon world. I am personally happy about the reboot because DMC 4 was sort of .... average, DMC 2 was terrible and needs to be written out of the story, and this has actual Virgil and Dante on screen together again which means it has a chance and having a good story again with the good combat.

Sounds like a win win to me as long as the combat is smooth and they keep putting out a level of story they have in their previous games.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By falserelic

I hope in the DMC reboot that they have an epic final boss fight like in the original DMC game.

Out of all the DMC games the original had the best final boss fight. I liked how you get to transform into Sparda and use his power. Sense you have his almighty force edge sword.

BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BlastProcessing

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

I don't remember the portions of any of the previous four games where there is a shitty Bill O'Reilly clone, bad social commentary, horrible Anonymous-lite representation, and ridiculous baditude. Sure, the previous games were absolutely stupid in their own right, but they weren't an overtly liberal mess that fits with the philosophy of the average reddit dope.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By I_smell

I don't care about Dante and it's great that they're rebooting him.

The combat in the last couple games, however, was SO SOLID and the enemies were so unique and interesting and played off each other so well, that I'd be super surprised if someone else could step in and design something completely fresh that's as good. I've played so much of the survival mode in DMC4 that I actually like playing more as Nero than as Dante now.

If they make something even better, then I'll be blown away and Ninja Theory will be my new favourite guys in the world.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ervonymous

As fair as any other, as in I'll play it if it's good. I enjoyed DMC and Bayonetta because they were ruthless but fair, unforgiving but surmountable, hectic but always under control. I've just been getting a worrying Ninja Gaiden 3 vibe from what I've seen of the combat, I really don't care what they do with the story and characters.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89  Edited By I_smell

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

I don't remember the portions of any of the previous four games where there is a shitty Bill O'Reilly clone, bad social commentary, horrible Anonymous-lite representation, and ridiculous baditude. Sure, the previous games were absolutely stupid in their own right, but they weren't an overtly liberal mess that fits with the philosophy of the average reddit dope.

I actually think "ridiculous baditude" describes what the Devil May Cry aesthetic is, to a T.

Blastoff Breakdown, This Party's Gettin' Crazy.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mesoian

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

YOU DON'T?!? You did play DMC3 right? You know, the one with the dancing clown main antagonist, missile surfing, vampire guitar playing, giant penis worm hunting and dozens upon dozens of pizza jokes?

Please dude, if anything, Ninja Theory at the helm means that the story in this game might actually be coherent. If your issue with DMC is how it takes real world obsurdities and turns them into caricatures, you must have really hated DMC4, 2 and 1 which does THE EXACT SAME THING IN EVEN MORE LUDICROUS WAYS.

Liberal agenda in a video game where the main character's main quest is to find pizza...are you for real?

BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BlastProcessing

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

YOU DON'T?!? You did play DMC3 right? You know, the one with the dancing clown main antagonist, missile surfing, vampire guitar playing, giant penis worm hunting and dozens upon dozens of pizza jokes?

Please dude, if anything, Ninja Theory at the helm means that the story in this game might actually be coherent. If your issue with DMC is how it takes real world obsurdities and turns them into caricatures, you must have really hated DMC4, 2 and 1 which does THE EXACT SAME THING IN EVEN MORE LUDICROUS WAYS.

Liberal agenda in a video game where the main character's main quest is to find pizza...are you for real?

There is a huge difference between a Cock Worm and a horrible Bill O'Reilly clone. One is a terrible yet decent effort at trying to be funny (cock worm) and one is unfunny social commentary that has been done and done better numerous times (O'Reilly clone). DMC 3 had a cheesy-charm. It was actually absurd, and it's effort (even if it wasnt funny) should be noted. It's certainly a lot better than having a boring representation of anonymous (or 99%), a tired satire of media and Bill O'Reilly, and "FUCK YOU!"

And where did I ever say DMC3 had a liberal agenda?

Give me cheesy writing or whatever hunk of shit writing the reboot is gonna be.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MideonNViscera

I didn't even give the original DMC a fair chance.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#93  Edited By GunstarRed

Why wouldn't I? I think it looks great.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By mesoian

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

There is a huge difference between a Cock Worm and a horrible Bill O'Reilly clone. One is a terrible yet decent effort at trying to be funny (cock worm) and one is unfunny social commentary that has been done and done better numerous times (O'Reilly clone). DMC 3 had a cheesy-charm. It was actually absurd, and it's effort (even if it wasnt funny) should be noted. It's certainly a lot better than having a boring representation of anonymous (or 99%), a tired satire of media and Bill O'Reilly, and "FUCK YOU!"

" but they weren't an overtly liberal mess that fits with the philosophy of the average reddit dope." Right there. You said this game has a liberal agenda.

I mean christ. DMC4 satires the catholic church, DMC2 satirizes the Illuminati, DMC1 satirizes the japanese ideal of religion fused with the government, and DMC3 doesn't satirize anything because it's completely batshit insane. But it's all tailored for teenagers who look at Dante eating pizza while using a motorcycle as nunchucks and go "OMG COOLLLLLLLL! DANTE'S SO BADASS LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DOING!" Nothing in any of the trailers or gameplay examples seems to imply that Ninja Theory is trying to get away from that and nothing in the trailers make the story seem anything less ludicrous that what Capcom has already done. If anything, it's better because it's using something that's a lot more relevant than 100 year old urban myths about monolithic establishments using demonic powers to keep the man down.

I mean honestly, I can see people being worried about the combat, I can understand why people might not like the new art style. But complaining about the tone of the new game saying that it's pandering to children while having sat through the last 4 games who's tone and story are fucking ridiculous and consistently aiming for the lowest rung blows my mind.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm more interested in it because of the changes than I would be if it was just another straight sequel. I think the original Dante is a pretty cool character but I've never been a fan of his design. The platinum-haired, red leather trenchcoated, pretty man has never really been my bag. Ninja Theory definitely gives me confidence that the story, and performances will be top-notch

The only thing I'm worried about is the gameplay, something which I personally feel Ninja Theory has never been able to nail, but I'm optimistic, hoping that Capcom has given them some tips and tricks on the gameplay front.

BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BlastProcessing

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

" but they weren't an overtly liberal mess that fits with the philosophy of the average reddit dope." Right there. You said this game has a liberal agenda.

I mean christ. DMC4 satires the catholic church, DMC2 satirizes the Illuminati, DMC1 satirizes the japanese ideal of religion fused with the government, and DMC3 doesn't satirize anything because it's completely batshit insane. But it's all tailored for teenagers who look at Dante eating pizza while using a motorcycle as nunchucks and go "OMG COOLLLLLLLL! DANTE'S SO BADASS LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DOING!" Nothing in any of the trailers or gameplay examples seems to imply that Ninja Theory is trying to get away from that and nothing in the trailers make the story seem anything less ludicrous that what Capcom has already done. If anything, it's better because it's using something that's a lot more relevant than 100 year old urban myths about monolithic establishments using demonic powers to keep the man down.

I mean honestly, I can see people being worried about the combat, I can understand why people might not like the new art style. But complaining about the tone of the new game saying that it's pandering to children while having sat through the last 4 games who's tone and story are fucking ridiculous and consistently aiming for the lowest rung blows my mind.

Because a try-hard, faux edgy chain-smoking, union jack wearing, excessively cussing looking bum panders more than a guy who kicks chairs at demons then says "THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZAYYYYYYY"! Also, never knew that being against the catholic church, illuminati, and fusing religion with church is automatically LIBERAL. Aren't they all about "practice whatever, s'all good!"??? Also, whatever DMC 1-4 "satirized" doesn't bear the new one's preach factor. (That footage of the O'Reilly segment, and the dude presenting it should have had "FOX NEWS SUCKS" stamped in 126 sized. bold italic). Also the terrible (and very soon to be very outdated and lame) Virgil and his anon 99% vs. Mundus and his super rich demonic 1%. Older elements such as the church fits perfectly, media and 99% not so much. It's actually really lame. Still gonna play the game, but as with Borderlands 2, I'll be keeping the TV on mute.

BigSteve1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97  Edited By BigSteve1983

Of course I will, yes sure I loved three of the original games (lets face it DMC2 was a complete balls up) however it'll be interesting to see where Ninja Theory take the game and who knows may change the die hard "This game sucks" people's mind, doubt it however it could happen.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ProfessorEss

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Because a try-hard, faux edgy chain-smoking, union jack wearing, excessively cussing looking bum panders more than a guy who kicks chairs at demons then says "THIS PARTY'S GETTING CRAZAYYYYYYY"! Also, never knew that being against the catholic church, illuminati, and fusing religion with church is automatically LIBERAL. Aren't they all about "practice whatever, s'all good!"??? Also, whatever DMC 1-4 "satirized" doesn't bear the new one's preach factor. (That footage of the O'Reilly segment, and the dude presenting it should have had "FOX NEWS SUCKS" stamped in 126 sized. bold italic). Also the terrible (and very soon to be very outdated and lame) Virgil and his anon 99% vs. Mundus and his super rich demonic 1%. Older elements such as the church fits perfectly, media and 99% not so much. It's actually really lame. Still gonna play the game, but as with Borderlands 2, I'll be keeping the TV on mute.

I apologize if this isn't the case, but everything you're saying sounds like a classic case of:

"I like it, therefore it's funny, clever and intentional tongue-in-cheek"

"I don't like like it, therefore it's forced, juvenile nonsense, pandering to the lowest common denominator."

BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BlastProcessing

@ProfessorEss said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Mesoian said:

@BlastProcessing said:

I apologize if this isn't the case, but everything you're saying sounds like a classic case of:

"I like it, therefore it's funny, clever and intentional tongue-in-cheek"

"I don't like like it, therefore it's forced, juvenile nonsense, pandering to the lowest common denominator."

I'm not saying I like DMC1-4's writing, but I appreciate the effort to try and be whacky and cheesy.

Calling the reboot's writing juvenile is a stretch (considering its predecessors) but it's attempt to be relevant sort of like a South Park-lite is just absolutely unappealing to me.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Shit, honestly I don't even know since I was a huge fan of DMC's original lore. I judge every game on its own laurels of course but subconsciously I'll throw out a tame comparison here and there without even realizing it. From what I've seen of the game, I'm" just not into it, it feels like a mash of ideas crammed together with DMC cornerstones, couple that with an art style that I didn't like from the get go so I don't know. I'll reserve total judgment til I play it of course but I can't say whether I'll give it a fair shake or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.