Will You Give The Upcoming DMC Game A Fair Chance?

• 115 results
#101 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

@BraveToaster: The Next Karate Kid

I'm into DMC. I thought that DMC 4 was way t o Soul Caliiburry (TM) the character design was too ornate and precisou (I know it wasn't Dante but whatever) stripped down Dante evokes the DMC3 ethos, I think

#102 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

Fuck yes I am all for rebooting video game franchises as opposed to movie franchises. Plus I loved Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

#103 Posted by Zajtalan (1153 posts) -

game looks fuckin sick. of course

#104 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

It looks way more interesting to me than any of the other games, so sure!

#105 Posted by Scheds (457 posts) -

Absolutely, yes. I'm not opposed to the new style; I've played every DMC but never got near attached to the characters and world as many apparently have! I'm open to the changes and think Ninja Theory is a good studio.

#106 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I always liked the new direction, I think it looks interesting.

#107 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4852 posts) -

Sure.

#108 Posted by csl316 (7357 posts) -

One of my most anticipated games.

#109 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Played it today at EG Expo....wasn't too impressed with it, but then the demo I played lacked any beefy weaponry.

The emo kid can turn his jacket inside out - it's red - he looks like Dante.

#110 Posted by falserelic (4947 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Played it today at EG Expo....wasn't too impressed with it, but then the demo I played lacked any beefy weaponry.

The emo kid can turn his jacket inside out - it's red - he looks like Dante.

I hope the full version doesn't turnout to be disappointing. I wish I could play the demo just to try it out for myself.

#111 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

I think the bigger question is, if it does end up being bad, are people just going to accuse people who didn't like it of not giving it a fair chance?

#112 Posted by Sombrero_Ninja (34 posts) -

Nope

#113 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

I still hate the direction they've gone with this game, but if it's fun to play then I can get over it. I hope they bring back old Dante though.

#114 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@falserelic:

I'll write an account of my experince with it later, and what Capcom told me. There are positives and negatives.

Played Hitman: A also.

#115 Posted by Hero_Swe (1079 posts) -

From what I've seen of it the combat just looks and feels slow, the way he completely hangs in the air just seems like an artificial way to make it easier for people to air-combo. I'm all for accessibility but come the fuck on. Where's the challenge in games going?

This is once again fitting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.