Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Developed by Supermassive Games, The Eternity Clock has players mastering the complex art of time-travel while trying to save the Earth.

Wondering if it's any good...

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ttocs

Anyone pick it up yet?  I haven't gotten off work yet so I'm not sure if the update is live yet, but if you played it let me know how it is.  Reviews are few and far between online.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deskp

not up yet. I'll be buying it to satisfy my WHO cravings, not expecting the gameplay to be great, but I hope!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By MetalBaofu

@deskp: It's been up since about 4 or so(EST) this afternoon in the US(don't know where you are from). I thought about waiting for reviews or something, but I went ahead and grabbed it.

@ttocs: Keep in mind that I'm about an hour in, if that, so this is a very early impression. First few minutes seemed fine, but it started going downhill as soon as River showed up. I literally just had to quit and restart the game because she got stuck in a jump animation while trying to climb on a box and I couldn't progress without her. She just stood there, jumping for all eternity. I have to replay about 30 or so minutes now...which doesn't sound like a lot, but the game play has been more annoying than fun so far.

The AI problems can be eliminated by playing 2 players, I would assume. If she gets stuck too much more, or causes other problems, then I might just only play it when my cousin comes over. I wouldn't say that I have started to actually dislike the game yet, but yeah...there's a reason Sony doesn't put up demos for everything.

I wanted it to be amazing. I was expecting it to be sorta mediocre. It's definitely not amazing, and I'm not yet sure on it being at least mediocre. Again, I'm very early in the game, so it could improve some, or at least be more enjoyable with a second player. And, maybe I just got unlucky with the AI problem and it won't happen again.

Edit: That part I had to replay after River got stuck was nowhere near 30 minutes...no idea why I thought it was that much. And, she got up the box just find the second time, thankfully.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deskp

@MetalBaofu: It's still not up here europe/norway. Does it have online multiplayer?

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@MetalBaofu: Does it mean anything interesting that it's a Dr. Who game or is it a shitty game that just so happens to take place in the Dr. Who universe? Because I might be interested if the case is the former.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalBaofu

@deskp: No. It doesn't seem to have online co-op. All I can do is click new game, then pick one player or two players. If you pick two players the game starts in split screen with player two on the bottom screen playing as River.

I don't even see a way for a second player to pick up a controller and jump into my current game that I set for one player...which means I've gotta start all the way over if I want to play with my cousin instead of stupid AI.....I just got more disappointed.

@HaltIamReptar: Again, keep in mind that I am very early in the game. I do think that it being Doctor Who is helping to ease some of my annoyances, and make me keep playing it. So, if you like Doctor Who enough, then yeah, you might like it fine. I was enjoying myself the first few minutes as the Doctor, before River. I would say I still am enjoying it enough, just not as much(probably because of the AI getting stuck). As long as I don't run into too many more AI problems and the game play doesn't get drastically worse, then I think I'll end up liking the game just fine.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FunkyHugo

Considering that we're not getting series 7 till the fall, I'm itching for some new Doctor Who already. I might check it out, $20 seems a bit too much though.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Potts

I know there were a few other Doctor Who games, but I don't think they got released outside the BBC's website. There were a couple with David Tennant, and a couple with Matt Smith. I don't assume that they were any good, but as far as I know, they're canon, so hey. This one seems to be a big higher-budget, here's hoping it's at least playable.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wampa1

Anyone from Europe grab it yet? Is it worth the £14?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Potts said:

I know there were a few other Doctor Who games, but I don't think they got released outside the BBC's website. There were a couple with David Tennant, and a couple with Matt Smith. I don't assume that they were any good, but as far as I know, they're canon, so hey. This one seems to be a big higher-budget, here's hoping it's at least playable.

I've got the first two episodes of the adventure game they did installed on my computer. I haven't played them yet, though. Got them free through Gamefly's unlimited PC play thing. I think they have episodes 1-4 up free for members currently.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravelle

I played the first two of the adventure game, they were decent but felt a little cheap.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Potts

@MetalBaofu said:

@Potts said:

I've got the first two episodes of the adventure game they did installed on my computer. I haven't played them yet, though. Got them free through Gamefly's unlimited PC play thing. I think they have episodes 1-4 up free for members currently.

Cool - are they available for Yanks? I know the BBC offers online streaming of their TV shows, but it's only for UK residents.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deskp

there is atleast one point in the game that isnt explained too well that gets really anoying, i had to try over so many times.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Potts said:

Cool - are they available for Yanks?

Gamefly is only available in the US, as far as I know. Either way, the answer would be yes.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Potts

@MetalBaofu said:

@Potts said:

Gamefly is only available in the US, as far as I know. Either way, the answer would be yes.

Nah, I was talking about the BBC's website and downloading the game from there. I tried, and it won't let me get them because I'm not in the UK.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Potts said:

@MetalBaofu said:

@Potts said:

Nah, I was talking about the BBC's website and downloading the game from there. I tried, and it won't let me get them because I'm not in the UK.

Ah. The only way I know to get them here in the US is to buy them on Gamefly(because they bought Direct2Drive), or have a Gamefly subscription to get them free(the first 4, at least). I think they are about 5 bucks a piece.

chris24680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chris24680

Does it cost money in the uk?

JCrichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By JCrichton

I'm downloading it tomorrow. Even with the issues people have brought up I can't wait to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.