Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Domino Rally

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

Aid helpless citizens by directing the game's protagonist, Minon, along a path of dominoes.

WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE NAME

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I didn't even know this came out in America until I found the quick look.

WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT FROM GO GO MINON!?

It was such a good name, and it completely informed you of what you were about to purchase..

I'm going back to pretending this never left Japan and UK.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

I smell a weeaboo.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

If it is wrong to love insane Japanese import games, then I don't want to be right.

Man, I gave up on this thing ever going to the US and now that it does it has some horrible ass name and not even laugh worthy voice acting.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

The other title was much better then?

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By makari
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " If it is wrong to love insane Japanese import games, then I don't want to be right.  Man, I gave up on this thing ever going to the US and now that it does it has some horrible ass name and not even laugh worthy voice acting. "
    Well, if they were going for matching the original release, I guess they nailed it.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    No Caption Provided
    See that shit jumps off the damn page. It flows man. Hell, at least the PAL version was called Minon: Everyday. That's at least a little better than Domino Rally. It's just so generic and bland. No one is going to buy a game called Domino Rally unless they are misled into thinking it is a spiritual successor to Mr. Domino. But you'd buy friggin' Go! Go! Minon if you like crazy ass Katamari shit. Damn right you would.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snail
    @LordXavierBritish: Dude, it is just a title, it's still the same game. If you don't like it play the damn import.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Snail: I am the only one that knew this game existed for 2 years. I reserve the right to be angry about stupid inconsequential shit that is completely irrelevant in the long run because I was never going to buy it anyway.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snail
    @LordXavierBritish: No. Let me tell you what's happening here. You like this game and all, and that is fine. What I am not liking is your annoying, elitist attitude of "I was the only one who knew of this game for 2 years". Even so, that does not make it your game, some people might prefer the new title, and the normal people don't give a shit. You're treating this game as if it were your own personal treasure simply because you believe to be the only living being in the Western World to know of this game. No, you do not reserve the right to be angry about a title change more than a person that fell in love with the game yesterday. You cannot measure how much a person likes a game by the amount of time said person has longed for, or know of, said game. I, for instance, only got into inFAMOUS shortly before its release, and turns out it is my favorite game of 2009. 

Let's just not go there. 

You are a crazy fanboy that is happy to have found something that no one else knows off, hereby granting you somewhat of a feeling of superiority, and as such, you believe you have the right to make a thread in CAPS LOCK complaining about something as insignificant as the title of the game. Yes, you have that right, but it is stupid. If you really liked the game as much as you say you do, a measly title would not affect your desire to own the game. 

Now stop acting like a child on the internet. You are wasting your time.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Snail: Apparently you missed the hint of sarcasm and the complete non-nonchalant attitude I hold towards the game. it is my own little treasure sure, and I've been using the character as my avatar for almost two years now so I do hold some personal emotional investment in it.  However I don't feel as though I have some fucking authority of opinion over us.

I don't really give a shit if the name of the game changed, because the fact is that it kind of actually sucks. I like the deliberately crappy art style and it pretty much ends there. The gameplay is bland and repetitive with no real depth, and I certainly fail to see any novelty in it. I simply acknowledge it as an oddity and that is it.

I'm not some fucking self righteoughs asshole who feels empowered to speak down to others simply because I've given myself some false sense of entitlement.

It's a joke.

To summarize: I do believe you missed the point old boy; or does all caps no longer symbolize feigned ignorance on the internet?

It's been ever so long.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Snail: Apparently you missed the hint of sarcasm and the complete non-nonchalant attitude I hold towards the game. it is my own little treasure sure, and I've been using the character as my avatar for almost two years now so I do hold some personal emotional investment in it.  However I don't feel as though I have some fucking authority of opinion over us.

I don't really give a shit if the name of the game changed, because the fact is that it kind of actually sucks. I like the deliberately crappy art style and it pretty much ends there. The gameplay is bland and repetitive with no real depth, and I certainly fail to see any novelty in it. I simply acknowledge it as an oddity and that is it.

I'm not some fucking self righteoughs asshole who feels empowered to speak down to others simply because I've given myself some false sense of entitlement.

It's a joke.

To summarize: I do believe you missed the point old boy; or does all caps no longer symbolize feigned ignorance on the internet?

It's been ever so long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.