Now that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out.....

#1 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

Where is my next gen Donkey Kong platformer Nintendo??!! Thinking back on Donkey Kong 64, it was a pretty fantastic game that gives so much variety in the gameplay. It had an exploration side to it, a great mix of side stuff to do, variety in the characters that you play. I truly think that it deserves another full game, not just a cameo in some Smash Bros game or some kart racer. 

Putting it to you, would you like another Donkey Kong game? If not (PS: You're a terrible human being), then what would you like to see a resurgence of? I think that besides Mario and Ratchet and Clank, there aren't too many full fledged platformers out there anymore, excluding downloadable games.

#2 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

I'd like another Donkey Kong game, if Rare made it.
Sadly, that's not going to happen.

#3 Posted by EthanML (454 posts) -

Yeah, don't forget Rare made that game man.

#4 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Ramyun said:

" Where is my next gen Donkey Kong platformer Nintendo??!! Thinking back on Donkey Kong 64, it was a pretty fantastic game that gives so much variety in the gameplay. It had an exploration side to it, a great mix of side stuff to do, variety in the characters that you play. I truly think that it deserves another full game, not just a cameo in some Smash Bros game or some kart racer. "

Erm. You do realize that the team that made Super Mario Galaxy made a fully functional and highly acclaimed Donkey Kong platformer for the gamecube, which was then re-released for the Wii with traditional platforming controls?

On a related note, I'd much rather have DeBlob 2 than a new Donkey Kong game.
#5 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -
@EthanML: Dude, I can't believe I forgot Rare made that game. What HAVE they been doing lately, besides making a more corporate like logo?
#6 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -
@Ramyun said:
" @EthanML: Dude, I can't believe I forgot Rare made that game. What HAVE they been doing lately, besides making a more corporate like logo? "
They made one of the best games of 2008
#7 Edited by EthanML (454 posts) -
@Ramyun: Avatar accessories -_- 

Oh, and Nuts and Bolts which was awesome. Still, they need to step their game up.
#8 Posted by raiz265 (2237 posts) -
@Ramyun said:
" @EthanML: Dude, I can't believe I forgot Rare made that game. What HAVE they been doing lately, besides making a more corporate like logo? "
Fucking Xbox games.
#9 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -
@Meowayne: To be honest, I don't think that really counts for me. As the title suggests, I'm thinking more in the vein of Super Mario Galaxy and DK64, a 3D platformer that just has all the Donkey Kong characters with their unique abilities, and crazy levels with classic end bosses.
#10 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -
@Ramyun said:
rare have made most of the xbox dashboard stuff. also natal
#11 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Banjo N&B was very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.