Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 21, 1995

When Donkey Kong is kong-napped by the evil Kaptain K. Rool, it's up to nephew Diddy (and his girlfriend Dixie) to traverse Crocodile Isle to rescue him!

Dude

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Edited By mrcellophane

So. I woke up this morning, and didn't get myself a gun. Instead I woke up on the floor in a room I didn't know with four guys I had no idea who were. Interesting premise, right? 

But the point is that on my way home I listened to my iPod. What did I listen to? The Donkey Kong Country 2 soundtrack. I must admit that even though I didn't like the game (which was a billion times more difficult than the first), the soundtrack is every bit as awesome as the first one. Also, the way some of the songs "build on" the first DKC soundtrack (e.g. Snakey Chantey builds on the pirate ship theme and the new Cranky theme builds on the old one) is nice. 

I wanted to say a whole bunch about David Wise, about how Stickerbrush Symphony is included in almost every "Top X video game music" list out there, and how much well-composed music can help to immerse the player in almost any game. 

But I'm totally and utterly hung over right now. 

Shit.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mrcellophane

So. I woke up this morning, and didn't get myself a gun. Instead I woke up on the floor in a room I didn't know with four guys I had no idea who were. Interesting premise, right? 

But the point is that on my way home I listened to my iPod. What did I listen to? The Donkey Kong Country 2 soundtrack. I must admit that even though I didn't like the game (which was a billion times more difficult than the first), the soundtrack is every bit as awesome as the first one. Also, the way some of the songs "build on" the first DKC soundtrack (e.g. Snakey Chantey builds on the pirate ship theme and the new Cranky theme builds on the old one) is nice. 

I wanted to say a whole bunch about David Wise, about how Stickerbrush Symphony is included in almost every "Top X video game music" list out there, and how much well-composed music can help to immerse the player in almost any game. 

But I'm totally and utterly hung over right now. 

Shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.