Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 21, 2010

Retro Studios brings Donkey Kong back to business with DKC Returns, a brand new platformer made in the vein of the original Rare SNES games.

Maybe I'm Just Dumb

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainCharisma

I've been searching around for a while and I got this game off the 3DS eshop so I don't have a manual and can't for the life of me figure out how to use the items like the green balloon and DK Barrels. I feel like a complete idiot that I can't figure it out. How do I use them? I'm already on world 6 so I don't really need it, I just feel like I'm missing something and it's bugging me that I can't figure out how to use the items you get from Cranky's shop.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero
    Loading Video...

@captaincharisma: Looks like the green balloon just triggers any time you would fall in a pit? DK Barrel seems to call back your fallen partner, but yeah, no idea what you press to activate it. I finished the Wii version of the game, but all of the items in the original just activated automatically or were passive, so I don't know what button to tell you.

When you're in the main 3DS menu, and you have Donkey Kong Country Returns highlighted, there should be a "Manual" button at the very bottom of your bottom screen. That brings up a digital manual that should hopefully explain how you activate items.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Legend

@captaincharisma: When you press A to enter a level, you'll see three options on the bottom screen: play, time attack and inventory. Go to inventory and you can select up to three items to use on that level. Hope that helps. :)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@captaincharisma: All 3DS and Wii U games have a digital manual. That's why there's a button that says "manual" when you hit the Home Button.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bisonhero and @def I had no idea about the manual so thanks a lot!

@legend Thanks to you as well. I don't why I couldn't figure this out.

Really appreciate the help guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.