Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong Country

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 24, 1994

For the first time in Nintendo history, take control of Mario's former adversary as he travels through the island (with his nephew Diddy Kong) to recover his stolen banana hoard in this side-scrolling platformer from Rare (now Rareware).

A Little Donkey Kong Country Trivia...

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

You know the music that plays during the first stage in Donkey Kong Country, in the level called "Jungle Hijinx", well it's actually three demo tracks pieced together:

“I was on holiday in France at the time I first got to know that we would be making a Donkey Kong game,” David Wisetold CVG. “So I had a couple of weeks to think about different styles.
    “I wasn’t sure which direction to take things in, so I put together a demonstration tape of three different possible styles for the jungle level. I played these to Tim Stamper, who asked me to take the breaks out between the three pieces. That’s the jungle tune.”

Check out the music below, the first piece is the tribal jungle drum music from the start until 0:56, the second piece is the chirpy sax tune from 0:56 until 1:30 and the third piece is the more atmospheric, moody music from 1:30 until 2:47

CVG have done a sizable feature on David Wise that's well worth checking out:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368901/features/like-the-music-of-rares-david-wise/

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By galiant

I love the soundtrack to this game. Thanks for sharing!

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By stonepawfox

it's like the happiness is a warm gun of videogames

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.