Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 21, 1994

A Game Boy-exclusive update of Nintendo's arcade classic that includes dozens of brand-new levels with a puzzle-platforming twist. The game would later inspire the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series.

This game rocks

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

And it's out on 3DS Virtual Console this week.

If you don't have it, get it! A really great addictive game, and it's also really long.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sgjackson

I'm going to jump in and agree with this wholeheartedly.

I had this game when I was a kid, and I knew it was well-regarded now, so I ended up using the extra four bucks I had after purchasing Link's Awakening on this. I expected it to be good, but I wasn't expecting it to outshine LA and have me drawing comparisons to Portal in my head (in terms of thinking about how to solve puzzles, this game obviously doesn't have the clever, snappy writing which serves as Portal's foundation.) Every level in the game is a contained puzzle with one goal - grab the key and carry it to the door which leads to the next level. You accomplish this using Mario's myriad variety of jumps and flips and the tools in the level provided to you. Later levels become particularly devilish, using combinations of timed platforms, ladders, blocks, jump springs, and switches to get the key to the door. If you enjoy the mix of contained logic puzzles and action Portal brings and you have 4 bucks to blow on your 3ds you should get this immediately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.