Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong

Game » consists of 42 releases. Released Jul 09, 1981

Control Jumpman (later known as Mario) and save his girlfriend, Pauline, from the evil barrel-tossing gorilla known as Donkey Kong. Designed by Shigeru Miyamoto, this was the game that set the template for the platformer genre.

and Wiebe retakes the record!

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By icicle7x3
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Fucking awesome news, loved King of Kong.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

Donkey Kong kill screen coming up

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By turboman

I was about to post this... great news.... 

I think we need a follow-up on Wiebe and Mitchell.... Mitchell had the record last I think.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

also, remember that Billy Mitchell quit right after he got the record back: 
     " Mitchell evidently quit his Donkey Kong game immediately after beating Chien's mark. Asked why, Mitchell said: 'Some say I'm being cocky. Some say I'm being lazy. I say, I'm being Billy Mitchell.' "  

Pilot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pilot13

I saw this earlier. This is a story THAT JUST WON'T DIE. I love it and grats to Wiebe, I hope it holds for a while at least.

Also, does anyone know what's happening with the dramatised movie adaptation of the King of Kong saga? Regardless of how unneccessary it is and will be, I want to see it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

Can't wait for Billy Mitchell to retake it.

Pilot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pilot13
    @TurboMan said:

" also, remember that Billy Mitchell quit right after he got the record back:  " Mitchell evidently quit his Donkey Kong game immediately after beating Chien's mark. Asked why, Mitchell said: 'Some say I'm being cocky. Some say I'm being lazy. I say, I'm being Billy Mitchell.' "   "

Apparently there was some Mitchell stuff they shot that was so unbelievable, and so creepy, they had to cut it.

(From Wikipedia so you know it's true)

[Seth] Gordon [director] has claimed to have painted Billy Mitchell as a lighter character than his real life persona concerning the movie. Gordon also claims that Billy Mitchell is "so much worse than we painted him out to be", but he chose to only include scenes that were necessary to tell the story, because the movie would have been "darker" had he not played with the facts

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.