Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong

Game » consists of 42 releases. Released Jul 09, 1981

Control Jumpman (later known as Mario) and save his girlfriend, Pauline, from the evil barrel-tossing gorilla known as Donkey Kong. Designed by Shigeru Miyamoto, this was the game that set the template for the platformer genre.

GiantBomb Donkey Kong High Score Thread!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

Hey guys! So I was itching for some Donkey Kong and finally gave in to buying the Virtual Console NES version. So far I've been playing okay, but I know I can do better. Also, I kinda feel like the NES version is a bit easier than the Arcade version. 

But, what I'm really wanting is if we could all share our top scores for Donkey Kong (and other such classic games). 
    I'll accept all scores from all versions of the game, even emulated scores (as long as they are legit, so please be fair). 

I'll gladly update your stats if you beat your own high score. 
    * waits for topic to fail and disappear :( * 

No Caption Provided

UsernameHigh ScoreVersion
     Emilio 70,300 NES (VC)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Neat idea, but it'd be better if we could prove the legitimacy of the high scores people claim to have reached. If I had my Wii out, I could pop in Animal Crossing on GC and play it on there, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

Edit: By the way, nice avatar. I love Donkey Kong, but I kind of got my start with Donkey Kong Country. Still, I've played the original a couple times, but I've never dropped a ton of quarters in the arcade version. I probably played it in the arcade once or twice as a kid.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I wish the arcade version was on the Wii VC.     :(

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mrjared

Awww, the NES version is super whack :(  Otherwise I'd be aaaaaaall over this 

No Caption Provided

Then again, I think I do actually own it on Virtual Console since I love me some Donkey Kong. I'll have to check in the morning.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emilio
    @TheGreatGuero:  
    Strangely, I'm not a that big of a fan of the Donkey Kong Country games ( They're cool and all, neat graphics, but... meh... ) 

Yeah, the only problem to this is that there is no way to actually get legit scores, unless I pull a Twin Galaxies and demand VHS video footage.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emilio

Posting again because I'm wondering if anyone wants to pitch in some scores. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.