Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Resurrection

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

Doom Resurrection is an on rails 3D shooter for the iPhone and iPod Touch which uses assets from Doom 3

Bring out your iPhones. Its Carmack time !

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

One of the best titles of the year might turn out to be played on my iPod touch. This is kinda ironic since the iPhone/iPod touch has been mocked as a gaming platform since its birth. The thing here tho is this... John Carmack might be the greatest genious on the planet when it comes to seeing strenght and weaknesses of an individual gaming platform and he´s been hard at work on this exclusive new part in the Doom universe. Its tailored to play great on an iPhone and judging by this radical trailer it looks great aswell. Doom Resurrection seems to borrow heavily from the setting and graphics of Doom 3 but judging from what we see here its NOT the same game shrunken down. It´ll be very interesting to grab a hold of this and give it a try when its released.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

One of the best titles of the year might turn out to be played on my iPod touch. This is kinda ironic since the iPhone/iPod touch has been mocked as a gaming platform since its birth. The thing here tho is this... John Carmack might be the greatest genious on the planet when it comes to seeing strenght and weaknesses of an individual gaming platform and he´s been hard at work on this exclusive new part in the Doom universe. Its tailored to play great on an iPhone and judging by this radical trailer it looks great aswell. Doom Resurrection seems to borrow heavily from the setting and graphics of Doom 3 but judging from what we see here its NOT the same game shrunken down. It´ll be very interesting to grab a hold of this and give it a try when its released.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By torus

Awesome. Lets' just hope it's not a rail shooter.

Ravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Ravey

@torus said:

" Awesome. Lets' just hope it's not a rail shooter. "

It's a rail shooter!

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By torus
    @Ravey: Wow, that sucks.

No longer excited for this.
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Vod_Crack

Could be fun but yeah the rail shooter thing isn't too interesting.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

A bad looking on rails shooter?  Not my thing.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's on rails, so I'm not interested.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jimbo_n

Guys. We´re talking about the iPhone here. the hardcore gamer automatic "gah, railshooter" thing dosen´t apply here. You don´t want to play a full fledged first person shooter on a frikkin iPhone. Think about the platffrom we´re actually talking about here. You guys would whine your asses of if you controlled your walking with your thumb in some clumsy manner.
    Adapt the game for the platform. Dont try to make an iPhone game somethink it cant be. Dont look for advanced controls on the Iphone, the only thing it´ll do is dissappoint.
    And I´m hella glad they realized this for Doom.
    I´d rather not scream out "RAILS" and ignore the facts here..

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Vod_Crack
    @Jimbo_N said:
    " Guys. We´re talking about the iPhone here. the hardcore gamer automatic "gah, railshooter" thing dosen´t apply here. You don´t want to play a full fledged first person shooter on a frikkin iPhone. Think about the platffrom we´re actually talking about here. You guys would whine your asses of if you controlled your walking with your thumb in some clumsy manner. Adapt the game for the platform. Dont try to make an iPhone game somethink it cant be. Dont look for advanced controls on the Iphone, the only thing it´ll do is dissappoint.And I´m hella glad they realized this for Doom.I´d rather not scream out "RAILS" and ignore the facts here.. "
    No need for such an angry response.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Godwind

I don't know why people are bitching about rail shooters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.