Anyone else get gifted a copy as their steam xmas gift?

#1 Posted by Vitor (2789 posts) -

Because I apparently got 2 copies of DOTA 2 in my inventory :|

Holy hell that's awesome. Hope this isn't a glitch as I'm in the Beta.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

I only got a 50% off a valve game coupon D: and then I got the cargo achivement, and got the samn goddamn thing

#3 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

there is a whole thread dedicated to what people have gotten....DoTA 2 is pretty sweet.

#4 Posted by Vitor (2789 posts) -

@Animasta said:

I only got a 50% off a valve game coupon D: and then I got the cargo achivement, and got the samn goddamn thing

I got copies of HL2, Episode 1 and CS:S also, all games which I already own. But I have two DOTA 2 vouchers - really hope it's not just the beta invites! That's so awesome though if not.

#5 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I got 33% off valve games and 55% off Witcher 1.

#6 Edited by Vitor (2789 posts) -

@CL60:

I had nothing either until I rechecked my inventory via the web browser and not the built in steam store. Servers seem somewhat overloaded apparently.

@SteamPunkJin said:

there is a whole thread dedicated to what people have gotten....DoTA 2 is pretty sweet.

I know, but I was surprised to see 2 copies of DOTA 2 in my inventory. Part of my thinks it must be a glitch (maybe just invites to the beta I'm currently participating in?) but it would be awesome if not.

Then again, if DOTA 2 goes F2P or otherwise, it might be a bit of a lame gift... (unless I just have all heroes unlocked from the start if they charge for them. Now that would be awesome)

#7 Posted by Bollard (5025 posts) -

Two copies of Dota 2? Maaaaan, I got 25% off a Valve game, and I don't even want to spend money on any Valve games.

#8 Posted by BlueStriped (99 posts) -

@Vitor: trade you counter strike source that is tradable for dota 2 also tribes ascend beta key :P

#9 Posted by Vitor (2789 posts) -

@Raggy said:

@Vitor: trade you counter strike source that is tradable for dota 2 also tribes ascend beta key :P

Wait, do you want my CS:S voucher or the DOTA 2 one, or both? Afraid my DOTA 2 one is likely going to be taken by a friend of mine but I'd be happy to part with the CS:S voucher.

#10 Posted by BlueStriped (99 posts) -

@Vitor: I already traded my css to somebody for dota 2 sorry for the mix up

#11 Edited by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

@Vitor said:

got 2 copies of DOTA 2 in my inventory :|

So that's where mine went, my inventory is empty! Jerk! Stop stealing all the imaginary software!

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11001 posts) -

I got counter strike source, which might as well be coal as far as I care.

#13 Edited by Demmetje (187 posts) -

I got the complete Orange Box, which also seems to include Half Life 2: Lost Coast.

#14 Posted by spree4567 (137 posts) -

I just got a copy of Dota 2. I also got Dino D-Day the other day. Then some coal and coupons I likely won't use.

#15 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

Mind sharing one of those keys?

#16 Posted by CrazyBagMan (801 posts) -

A friend of mine would love an invite to the beta if you're feeling generous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.