Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Anyone else having a hard time telling things apart?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By yoshimitz707

Compared to LoL, everything in this game is really grey and blends together for me. I've only played a few games but it's just making it really hard to do well. Am I the only one having trouble with this?

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

Ive not had a hard time with that. Having a hard time with people rage quitting or quitting in the middle of the game.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Codeacious

Some of the heroes have really similar color pallets, but other than that, nope. It's a bit worse on the Dire side, but when I'm on Radiant it's really easy to see everything.

Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jokers_Wild

Nope

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By indiefinch

It just takes experience. Over time it will get a lot easier to notice everything. Also you got to look at your time played, of course after playing 500+ games of LoL you will understand the visuals. You need to put that that into Dota 2 to gain the same amount.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CheapPoison

I think everything is very clear.

Sometimes just in some teamfights.

Throw Sand King, Earthshaker and maybe chen for good messure and you got chaos.

Only in Hon did i feel even close to it feeling unclear.

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By astonish

I found this too, but as others have mentioned I'm sure with time it passes. The characters look amazing, but there is too much sameness to the terrain. I also found the tree lines not as rigidly defined to be a tad off putting at least compared to LoL

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @astonish said:
    I also found the tree lines not as rigidly defined to be a tad off putting at least compared to LoL
    I hate to be a typical MOBA elitist, but that's just how DotA works. You need to learn the juke lanes in the trees instead of just stepping into a bush.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Can we all just agree the map looks fucking terrible.

It's fucking drab as shit, I don't care what you think about the game but the map is an abomination.

Avatar image for ohthejawsoflife
    ohthejawsoflife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ohthejawsoflife

i only played like one game of LOL and that's what i did laugh man its shitty

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By astonish

@ajamafalous: Yep. I played a lot of DOTA a long time ago, although some of it is like riding a bike, my memories have been coloured by playing LoL on and off for the last 3 years. Creep denying, heros, differences in lanes, towers, etc are all the subtleties I have to relearn. DOTA2 has cool character models and they seem to be doing the esports side, especially spectating, very well. Part of me says I should be a good beta tester, dive back in to DOTA2, learn the old ways and give them some feedback. The other half of me, knowing I will only play casually, can't decide if there is a good case to even bother and just stick to playing LoL here and there.

Like many things it will hinge on my friends trying DOTA and not LOL simply because its a valve game...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    Can we all just agree the map looks fucking terrible.  It's fucking drab as shit, I don't care what you think about the game but the map is an abomination.
    I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, it is pretty drab. HoN's map feels a lot more lively even though the leap in graphics over HoN is staggering.
    Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jokers_Wild

@LordXavierBritish: No? The color scheme is muted, which is fine, it lets the characters stand out more against the background. It's not an abysmal rainbow pastiche like LoL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.